Special Announcement Mw5 Mercs

78 replies to this topic

#61 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:21 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 26 November 2020 - 08:42 PM, said:

Dude, MW5 mod-scene AFAIK ain't paid,

Apreciation does not necessarily involve paying - it could be admiration of the work among other things and you know that you can donate money to modders if you feel it justified. ;)

#62 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:41 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 27 November 2020 - 12:21 AM, said:

Apreciation does not necessarily involve paying - it could be admiration of the work among other things and you know that you can donate money to modders if you feel it justified. Posted Image

Sure.

Take that to PGI, see if they give a damn about admiration. -- Pretty sure they don't.

#63 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:21 AM

And who gives a damn if they dont?

I simply say: Do not penalize yourself for the faults of others but maximize the return of your expense!

#64 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:24 AM

Classic.... PGI

Can't handle being stomped by Cyberpunk, eh.

Now you know how unbalanced faction play can be.

Useless.

#65 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 27 November 2020 - 01:28 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 27 November 2020 - 01:21 AM, said:

And who gives a damn if they dont?

I simply say: Do not penalize yourself for the faults of others but maximize the return of your expense!

So would that make MW5 launch at Dec 10 2020? If not you lost me.

Sure, why not? The adage "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" is true, shame on me for expecting basic decency from PGI.

Funny thing is, I want to launch a boycott, but there people don't even want the game. I got made fun of feeling strongly for the game that they didn't even want. Lol.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 27 November 2020 - 01:32 AM.

#66 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 09:05 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 26 November 2020 - 02:37 PM, said:

Could have launched September last year on steam, but nope Epic Deal.

I have waited for 1 year, watching Lets Plays like Baraduls' with envy, I didn't even pirate this. I wasn't even going to pick up CP2077, hell I'm still not picking it up now.

You don't get to tell us "logic", especially when more sensible options could have been done. Like Postpone the DLC, while release Base-Game Dec 10. You get to show the game TWICE -- once as Base Game, the other as the DLC which they needed to buy the Base-Game.

But that is not what's going to happen, just PGI being PGI.

You don´t miss anything in my opinion. Not until the mods fixed the game. I played the story and haven´t touched it since.
Don´t buy it for the full price, not worth it.

View PostLockheed_, on 27 November 2020 - 07:44 AM, said:

PGI makes one sound busines decision

Posted Image

#67 byebye360

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 09:53 AM

Well I don't know what I should do anymore, now should I just pirate it now that you've broken your word to release it on steam twice and I waited the first one out to no avail?

#68 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 03:04 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 27 November 2020 - 07:44 AM, said:

PGI makes one sound busines decision and the hate train just keeps going. It looks like that most people complaining currently are just entitled and short sighted and if PGI would release MW5 now and it would fail and they would have to cancel all work on the MW titles, the same people would be complaining how stupid PGI was to release MW5 along Cyberpunk and before improving the NPE.

Dude, we've been over this before with PGI. They have lots of promises that they didn't deliver, just ask any of the Founders. If anything, the Founders are entitled to get anything, they are the ones that made MWO possible at all, but all they got is the shell of what they hoped for. I ain't a founder though, let me make that clear.

Sound decision? It's PGI, we won't know till it bites anyone in the ***. Remember the Epic Deal? Look at that turned out, just lost more trust from the player base by screwing them over, they made the rest of us wait for 1 year, and all they have to show the Epic Deal is a Mod "Tools" that is basically their open MW5 project on a copy of Unreal Engine 4 Editor; a lack-luster DLC of for what their community-widely-considered **** of a game supposed to have been, and a +3 Month more basically-Epic-Exclusivity?

Dedicated fans would have bought and still won't let them buy it. People told me it's ****, that "I ain't missing so much", and I still want to buy it -- well, on Steam. Lol, FML.

It's like they didn't even learn the last time. They announced ****, but had to delay it because of deals under the table -- and now it's delayed because of deals under the table, again. I mean what is that partnership is for? Why no Steam Page despite already announcing it on Steam? Of course they were lying about December 10.

Something I learned is to scoff at PGI's words from now on, screw the updates, I will believe a better MWO when i actually see it.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 28 November 2020 - 04:04 PM.

#69 Poltuhgeist

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 02:18 PM

and its still gonna be available for steam on Dec 10 right?

#70 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 28 November 2020 - 02:50 PM

View PostItsPainter, on 28 November 2020 - 02:18 PM, said:

and its still gonna be available for steam on Dec 10 right?

Or GoG, remember it's coming to GoG to:

#71 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 November 2020 - 12:08 PM

View PostSolaris Daevanus, on 25 November 2020 - 12:28 PM, said:

I think this is a good move on PGI’s part. There is no competing with a Cyberpunk 2077 launch, and tbh those of us that have been waiting for the Steam/GoG release probably won’t have an issue waiting a few more months.

I was about to...

But no.

Im TOTALLY fine with this decicion. I was speculating how I could enjoy both MW 5 on Steam AND Cyberpunk 2077 on the same release date. So now I can take my time after work to enjoy one game after another.

And since Im a hybrid gamer, having Xbox ONE as well. This is just great!

I was kinda hoping MW5 would end up on console. And whatyaknow. Didnt expect this!
* happy noises *

I just hope they dont Mech Assaultify and simplyfy MW5 PC immersion and control scheme.
I dont have a mouse alongside with keyboard that rumbles. At least on console I can nejoy a bigger screen and a vibrating controller AND hopefully less optimization trouble. Because MW5 had this " marble " texture glitch even tough my laptop met the recommended settings. Infurois graphical glitching to say the least.

CB 2077 on the the 10th
MW5 on Steam, GOG AAAAN console early next year.

This gonna be great!

Also more polish for MW5. Good decicion indeed.

But one thing. If we buy it on current gen console. Do we have to buy it a second time on say XBS X??

#72 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 12:53 PM

you anti-epic types aren't missing much.

so il take my dlc money to the weed shop. who knows if i have money when it finally releases.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 November 2020 - 12:54 PM.

#73 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 07:42 PM

When cyberpunk announced they were moving their date to dec 10th, my first thought was boy does that suck for PGI and mech 5.

Even though i'm sad i'll have to wait a bit longer, i think it is a very smart idea to launch all titles at the same time.

I just have one Q, with the game have crossplay?

I hope you guys use this extra time to make this launch even better. I'm also hoping for some really nice steam cards and emoji. Mini mechs would be fantastic! missile, laser, ac 20 slug would also be nice. (don't do IS emoji, BT already handled that)

Happy holidays

#74 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 02:44 PM

id laugh if it missis their deadline like every other game and movie has in late 2020.

#75 Abu619

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:42 AM

Annnnddd ill be delaying my purchase! Not buying nothing on Epic.

#76 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:41 AM

I'll just redact myself in advance, cause reasons ;)

*redacted* .. PGI being PGI.

#77 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 December 2020 - 01:00 PM

Well, to be honest, MW5 lost me since the 1-year-Epic-Deal... Right now it just doesn't matter anymore if it's coming to steam. I've seen enough in streams to realise that it's not that big of a game as we wished after it was first announced.

So they can delay it as much as they want, I'm out anyway.

*grabs-popcorn-and-enjoys-the-rest-of-the-comment-show*

Edited by Tertius, 03 December 2020 - 01:01 PM.

#78 Cbaz

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:27 AM

Oh, another delay to the Steam release? You lot at PGI hate your customers that much? I've been sat here patiently waiting for the release for you guys to go 'Nah, we'll release it in a more monetizable fashion, later on.' Fantastic. Just keep delaying things PGI, we'll die of old age soon enough.

#79 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:55 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 29 November 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

When cyberpunk announced they were moving their date to dec 10th, my first thought was boy does that suck for PGI and mech 5.

This is exactly it. When Cyberpunk's delay was announced, every MWO player I saw talk about it, considered it obvious PGI would have to delay MW5 expansion as a consequence of Cyberpunk suddenly being moved on the same date.

But we still get a thread full of surprised people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users