113 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:51 AM

ABSOLUTELY RUIN this game.

4 man drops just ruin this game....sorry.

if you guys make this 8v8 (which I hope you don't) it will be even worse.

YOU WILL KILL the game. Such a waste of time to play a 3 min round because some organized 4 man just destroys you. You wait longer than you get to play.

groups should be no more than 2.

Edited by Bigbacon, 27 November 2020 - 06:51 AM.

#2 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 November 2020 - 07:12 AM

You basically have same win ratio as I do and I only play in groups in most cases of 4 lol

#3 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:18 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 27 November 2020 - 06:51 AM, said:

YOU WILL KILL the game.

Russ Bullock has no longer a reason to care. In about three months from now all this is going to be someone else's problem.

#4 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:23 AM

View Postmartian, on 27 November 2020 - 08:18 AM, said:

Russ Bullock has no longer a reason to care. In about three months from now all this is going to be someone else's problem.

Russ really needs to get on damage control, he's (re)announcing Transverse. Would be a smart move to engage with the community so we don't begrudge it before it's launched.

#5 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:41 PM

Transverse Disaster 2 ...many Folks living a Lifelong in her glorious narcistic Bubble

#6 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 12:45 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 27 November 2020 - 07:12 AM, said:

You basically have same win ratio as I do and I only play in groups in most cases of 4 lol

If the good 4man is on his side he wins. If its on the other, he loses. Switch it around for a 4man potato drop. Either way I'd wager he feels like his contribution to the match matters less than what it would on average in pure solo drops.

Not hard to understand.

#7 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 November 2020 - 03:43 PM

View PostAnomalocaris, on 27 November 2020 - 12:45 PM, said:

If the good 4man is on his side he wins. If its on the other, he loses. Switch it around for a 4man potato drop. Either way I'd wager he feels like his contribution to the match matters less than what it would on average in pure solo drops.

Not hard to understand.

Might be how he feels but what I see the other teams we fight on the other side on average are just as good as we are. My ratio agrees with me lol

In almost all cases the solo players will still be the deciding factor on who wins. If we want to take that one more step, I would say the lowest skilled solo players on the team decide the winning team.
Teams have a very hard time making up for players doing under 100dmg.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 27 November 2020 - 03:44 PM.

#8 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 27 November 2020 - 04:46 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 27 November 2020 - 06:51 AM, said:

YOU WILL KILL the game. Such a waste of time to play a 3 min round because some organized 4 man just destroys you. You wait longer than you get to play.

groups should be no more than 2.

Excellent. I've already lost the ability to play with four friends, now I ought to lose the ability to play with two at a time because you're blaming 0.33 of the opfor for your own performance?

Go play 1v1 solaris if the only thing letting you down is the organization of the enemy team.

#9 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:22 PM

View PostBurktross, on 27 November 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

Excellent. I've already lost the ability to play with four friends, now I ought to lose the ability to play with two at a time because you're blaming 0.33 of the opfor for your own performance?

Go play 1v1 solaris if the only thing letting you down is the organization of the enemy team.

If you want to play with 4 friends (or 2) you could always private lobby.

And if you got 3 go play Solaris 2v2...

#10 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:41 PM

Makes no difference to me. Once in awhile I fight a good group and we lose. Other times the good group is on my team. Sometimes I get a bunch of friends playing together and aren't that great at the game, but that's fine. I think that in the end, it's better this way.

Edited by Elizander, 27 November 2020 - 05:41 PM.

#11 OmniFail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 438 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 05:51 PM

While I do wish there were a way for teams to play fairly, its really hard to gloss over the fact that teams are not factored into tier restrictions and their existence diminishes the desired tonnage restrictions. These two factors combined do not make for more competitive games. Sure sometimes you will get a semi-balanced game at random but more often you will get a loop sided game that does not reflect the intended level of game play we enjoyed pre que merge.

In the end our quality of play is diminished.

#12 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:14 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 27 November 2020 - 05:22 PM, said:

If you want to play with 4 friends (or 2) you could always private lobby.

And if you got 3 go play Solaris 2v2...

Private lobbies of 5 get old extremely quickly compared to quick match both within and out of groups for one simple reason: 9/10 people play this game for quickmatch and the game is designed around it. If you rob people of the most basic tenants of online play-- the ability to play with friends-- you would achieve playerbase suicide on scale far greater than how OP suggests doing the reverse would. I have plenty of friends that play this game only because they are able to play with friends. Unless you implement co-op with progression, then those circumstances are non-negotiable.

Or do you mean to tell me that removing 8-man group queues did wonders for the game population?

Edited by Burktross, 27 November 2020 - 06:14 PM.

#13 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:22 PM

View PostBurktross, on 27 November 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

Or do you mean to tell me that removing 8-man group queues did wonders for the game population?

Group queue was dead before the merge.

#14 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 09:09 PM

As was FW
Thats why they merged the queues
To appease but I wanna play with my friends crowd

Reduce queue times
O yeah!

#15 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 10:13 PM

View PostBurktross, on 27 November 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

Go to the Faction Warfare. That gamemode has been specifically designed to cater predominantly to premade groups.

#16 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 11:13 PM

View Postmartian, on 27 November 2020 - 10:13 PM, said:

Go to the Faction Warfare. That gamemode has been specifically designed to cater predominantly to premade groups.

Nobody wants to play CW. Not even premade groups.

#17 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 07:27 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 27 November 2020 - 03:43 PM, said:

Might be how he feels but what I see the other teams we fight on the other side on average are just as good as we are. My ratio agrees with me lol

In almost all cases the solo players will still be the deciding factor on who wins. If we want to take that one more step, I would say the lowest skilled solo players on the team decide the winning team.
Teams have a very hard time making up for players doing under 100dmg.

Look hard at your stats before drawing a conclusion - in particular the jump in games played after the merge. Even then, you still need to break down your group vs. solo stuff. Queue merge has reduced match quality, even Paul admitted it.

#18 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 07:35 AM

View PostBurktross, on 27 November 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

Private lobbies of 5 get old extremely quickly compared to quick match both within and out of groups for one simple reason: 9/10 people play this game for quickmatch and the game is designed around it. If you rob people of the most basic tenants of online play-- the ability to play with friends-- you would achieve playerbase suicide on scale far greater than how OP suggests doing the reverse would. I have plenty of friends that play this game only because they are able to play with friends. Unless you implement co-op with progression, then those circumstances are non-negotiable.

And plenty of us quit playing because of the queue merge. In fact, after the initial spikes of people trying out merge queue, and again trying out the new PSR system, player numbers dropped substantially. They've only picked back up again since PGI announced they wanted to work to improve the game, which, of course, was a ploy to boost themselves while negotiating to sell the company.

Stomps are up since the merge as well (per PGI). And we've all seen the various screen shots and videos showing horribly mismatched teams from a mech/tonnage perspective. Skill > tonnage, but since we don't have a skill based matchmaker, that really doesn't mean much.

Mixing groups in with solo has made the game _objectively_ worse. You may subjectively like it more, but we know that the community is very split on the subjective side of it.

Guys like you refused to play the modes available to groups so much that those modes died. Yet you think it's a good thing you get to drop groups with solos now. Think about that. I mean, after all, we couldn't do solo opt ins for group queue because, in the words of PGI, "Solo players won't choose to opt-in so it would be pointless". So they had to force it on them. When is that ever good for the population? All those solo players don't want to play with groups, and you group people apparently didn't want to play with groups enough either to suffer getting stomped by 12-mans. So let's force the larger part of the population to do exactly the opposite of what they want. Totally makes sense.

#19 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 28 November 2020 - 08:57 AM

View PostBurktross, on 27 November 2020 - 11:13 PM, said:

plenty of people play CW, many that play it exclusively because all you people know how to do in QP is run around in circles and it gets old eventually

#20 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 09:26 AM

View PostBurktross, on 27 November 2020 - 11:13 PM, said:

Of course. Creating a group and fighting random collections of PUGs with some fresh Cadets thrown in the Quick Play queue is much safer and easier than droping in gamemodes specifically designed for groups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users