Connection Problems ?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Shypa

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 10:34 AM

Since the last patch i have massive problems with MWO Client.

-Hangar often takes Minues to load
-I can not switch my Mech
-I cant enter Mechlab, it just ignores me klicking it ( sometimes )
-I can not search 4 a Quick Match -> "failed to find match" -> suddenly my Mech is ingame and locked -> getting penaltys
-I can not choose my region to play ( Ociana , America , Europe )
-I can not see the % of mechs currently i queue
-50% of the times i manage to get into a match ( about 1 match per hour of trying ) i get suck in Mapvote screen. Have to ALT F4 and restart and rejoin in order to play this match.

I cant fix it, does anyone has an ide what causes this problem ?

SOS

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 12:07 AM

did you try to repair your installation (standalone launcher) or verify your game data (Steam)?

#3 Shypa

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:33 AM

I used the launcher repair tool , and i deleted the shades as well and also reinstalled the game.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 12:11 AM

Well, you seem to experience serious problems with your connection. Apart from the server selection, which is a genuine Client bug everyone is facing, everything you described could origin in a bad internet/server connection.

#5 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:29 PM

assuming your not having actual connection issues, you might want to run a full diagnostic scan of the hard drive, having game data stored in a bad sector could cause ALL of those things .... and hte game has almost 0 ability to detect such an event, even worse than that, because of the way files are checked from the launcher, it probably wont notice if a small part of the file is within an unreadable part of the disk ...

usually, when a sector is going bad, no one notices ... sure, there are errors generated, that windows generally wont tell the user about until they are critical, but alot of the time, data will be provided from the sector, after enough 'hidden-from-the-user' re-reads .... ive seen instances where getting the data out took a drive over a minute, which completely stalls the client progress, but it keeps receiving data, which wont be processed until after the current operation is done .... and by that time, servers have decided the client is inactive after being non-responsive for however long it took, and at the end of the data stream, assuming its all there waiting to be processed, theres a disconnect message ....

you'll need to use an administrative command prompt, with a command like
chkdsk C: /f /r /x 
where "C:" represents the drive that contains the installation, if it is your primary C: drive, your probably going to need to schedule it to happen on the next restart, because the process cant be completed while a drive is in use, in this instance, it will as you if you want to schedule it, you simply press Y, reset, and wait .... a long wait .... grab a tablet, and a movie, depending on the drive size .... its probably going to take a while

if you need more help with chkdsk, heres a good resource https://neosmart.net...ommand_Prompt-5

#6 Shypa

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 01:36 PM

I checked my drives and checkdisk dit not found anything fishy or damaged. so i guess i just can be a connection problem then.

Worth noticing , one day everything is fine, then the next two days i cant even load the hangar. then i have two doays no problems while the nect day i can just drop twice till its completely fu again. cant figure it out : /

The most irretating thing about this issue is , itz only a problem in MWO . No other game do has any problems.

Thanks to everyone

Edited by Shypa, 05 December 2020 - 01:56 PM.

#7 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:02 PM

oh you know if you have bad sector the old blue screen of death is usually a good sign of that either way chckdisk does bugger all compard to alot of the old programs but the fact that op has stated it only started after the last update and only for mwo should be flagging warning bells now since last update i have been crashing several times a day only on the n.american servers while i am in australia id be guessing my client software is accessing most of the info from the oceanic server but if the op is from america and loading from the american server mayby it would be logical to look at the servers as most of the data is loaded up off the server and not stored client side

#8 Shypa

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 09:03 AM

I figured out what caused this problem. ( i use WLAN 802.11ac 80MHz )

Okay , tbh my girlfriend figured it out. She accidently hit the computer with the vacuum cleaner. To make room i moved the computer 2m furter to the left. Now i dont have any problems at all.

To doubble check it i moved the computer back to the old position. And there are the old problems again. ( btw its the only "problematic position in this room )

Thanks to all of you for helping me.

Posted Image

Edited by Shypa, 07 December 2020 - 09:04 AM.

#9 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 December 2020 - 02:41 PM

View PostSCRAPMETAL99, on 05 December 2020 - 10:02 PM, said:

i have been crashing several times a day only on the n.american servers while i am in australia id be guessing my client software is accessing most of the info from the oceanic server

the data is not replicated to another shard, it always loads from the NA servers ... you need to be able to constantly maintain your connection, not only to the server bank your client is connecting to, but also to the login/auth servers in NA ... a few to many dropped packets and your connection will be DC'd ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users