9 replies to this topic

#1 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLyran Sector, Planet: Canal, Primary Base HQ

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

I need some info fellas, ;)

Who do I need to speak with to register my unit, have it recognized and hit the ground running.
I aim to build me a fine outfit in this here part of space, I have me a fantastic hiring module, funds to spend and blood to give if need be.

I need information on how to make purchase's not only in Mechs but ammo and parts as well.
how do I secure a jumpship/dropship and other fun stuff like that.

How are accounts payable and receivable handled.

any and all info is truly appreciated, just please add links if some of these issues have been discussed or links to the rulebook

Colonel BlackJack
BlackJack's Legion.

#2 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

so 41 views so far and no response.... hmmm....

#3 CptJudas

• PipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

I think it might be a little unclear what your asking. I've never ran a unit so I'm no help. Sorry

#4 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Well your better off to wait untill after the match making is overhauled to get better organization. I too will be resurrecting my old Merc unit from Mw3 but untill this Matchmaking is revamped im just sitting and waiting.

#5 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Mercenary units as well as the Houses are not yet available. As far as I know, no information of Faction formation has been released other than it will be an alternative to joining a House.

#6 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

The long and the short of it at the moment is there is no official way to register your unit with the devs (Believe me I have tried).

What they have said is that you can create a Merc Corp of your own. To do this set up your own website, recruit members, get a TS3 or similar compackage going and start playing. When the time is right (a while yet) you will be able to apply to have your unit in the game, as well as unit decals etc. Merc Corp ranks are up to the individual corps, but will not be recognised in game as far as I know.

Things to avoid,

Iconic, cannon unit names will be off limits and reserved for Dev use only. You can call your selves whatever you like outside of the game but in game you will need to find something unique and non cannon if you want to play. You cannot play as one of the great Houses.

Everything else is in the wait and see basket for now.

It's a lot of work. Good Luck.

See you on the battlefield.

#7 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'm sorry if I was unclear...

I am in need of information on how to start a mercenary company. I've been very successful in running the RPG Mechwarrior gaming system
and I have an extensive unit (3 full regiments + command & communications, Jumpships and many Dropships as well as aerospace assets)

So far the only thing I can find is this Mercenary Icon, a hiring hall and outreach.... I have been asking for a sig so I can start hiring pilots but I'm not sure how I'm going to pay them (you guys) or how I'm supposed to outfit you in a mech I purchased and I modded for my missions?

How I'm going to bid on missions, barter for C-Bills and such... I would like to start with about 12 pilots that way I can rotate them for my needs, the problem I'm having is what will you guys do with the money that I pay you for fighting for me... I mean if you join this, you will be given your own mech and can make your own money so on and so forth, so what will you need me for?

what are the perks for running a successful merc unit?
what standards are set forth that makes a successful unit?

I hope this clears things up a little..

#8 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Look up Community Warfare, I think it will answer most of your questions.

None of what you ask has been implemented yet. The best you can do is group up with friends and drop as a team. Everything else is up to your team mates to bring (mechs, pay for repairs etc) It is unclear as to whether some of what you ask (Pay, unit owned mechs) will ever be in the game. They have said CW will be in 90 days after OB, we have quite a wait yet.

#9 Paul BlackJack Cady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postslide, on 28 October 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

Look up Community Warfare, I think it will answer most of your questions.

None of what you ask has been implemented yet. The best you can do is group up with friends and drop as a team. Everything else is up to your team mates to bring (mechs, pay for repairs etc) It is unclear as to whether some of what you ask (Pay, unit owned mechs) will ever be in the game. They have said CW will be in 90 days after OB, we have quite a wait yet.

THANKS SLIDE!

#10 Killer Kellaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 243 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGrand Junction, CO

Posted 01 November 2023 - 09:09 PM

TEMPLAR ELITE

The Templar Elite is a revival of the original Templars.

We are attempting to bring back what made the Templars so great. Individual MechWarrior training in mech control, Team work, Tactics, Team Play. We will do this through a regimented training program, every new member will be required to go through the training program with the assistance of a veteran MechWarrior. Training is at your own pace. We will establish a unit that is at the competitive level. That does not mean you must compete. Just that you will have the skills to do so if so choose.

Currently recruiting primarily established Templar members from the original unit. We want to establish a solid core membership before we take in new members. After all, can't have a mentor if there is no mentors to mentor you....

https://discord.gg/AU5CzJkG is the link to our discord. You do not have to be a Templar Member to drop with us or socialize with us. New members will be allowed as Mentors become available.

If you are interested in joining our team, feel free to join us in discord for some drops. We will not discriminate against novice(new players).

But if you were a Templar and whether you completed your training or not, simply ask and we will send you a unit invite.

Unit Politics:
As with any unit there will always be politics of some sort. We will have Unit meetings and any unit member may speak his/her own mind without fear of reprisal.

We will have more rules and regs but to start and the primary ones will be:
  • Respect others
  • No hate talk of other members.
  • No disrespecting visitors without due cause.
  • If your online and have discord, please be in discord. even if you are going solo. (there will be at least one channel for that.)
We are about having fun and improving our skills as MechWarrior's.

More to come, getting late and I want a few more matches

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users