17 replies to this topic

#1 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 09 December 2020 - 04:27 PM

Welp since all the Steam servers are heaving, I guess PGI really could have launched the DLC since everyone would have played it while waiting for the myriad day zero patches to finish. Har har.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:13 PM

i dont understand why they are skipping the holiday season to launch in spring unless there is no way in hell they could have made the deadline. the holiday season is that time of year when people spend egregious amounts of cash for things that nobody needs, a time rife for video game purchases. missing it seems like more harm than good. that leads me to indicate that they are nowhere near done, and what ships in april or whatever is going to be the same half baked drivel that pgi masters in pedaling.

cyberpunk on the other hand is a game i really dont care about. another quaternion with a gun type game. something i have long since gotten bored with. there just aren't many games that get me excited anymore.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 December 2020 - 05:16 PM.

#3 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:44 PM

CP2077 is basically Witcher-3 with guns in my impression, and when I had Witcher-3, I just stopped playing after I murdered the Griffon. It's not my cup of tea.

Come MW5, I would have bought it over CP2077, full price too despite having been released for a god-damn year already, despite general sentiment of it being ****. But nooope, PGI just doesn't care about us already fans.

They claim they wanted better exposure, but staggered release of base-game and DLC would have worked just as well. There are bits of Steam-News that even announces games with updates.

And then the "front-page" argument. Personally, I don't look at store front-page, I google games, watch Lets-Plays like a proper gamer, that is how I learn about games. Such argument never really agreed with me. Hell, look at CP2077, you think it's famous because of a Store-Front? No it precedes the Store-Front, so with that, how can I believe that the Store-Front argument?

Competing money though? Well yes actually. Not sure how other people spend money, but usually I just get one game at a time -- a holiday, a sale, and I can understand if people are taking CP2077, then they won't be taking MW5 as a result.

View PostLordNothing, on 09 December 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

that leads me to indicate that they are nowhere near done, and what ships in april or whatever is going to be the same half baked drivel that pgi masters in pedaling.

PGI being PGI, come on they had 1 year of exclusivity from EGS and Epic Money -- all they have to show for that is Mod "Tools" which to my sources, are just lazy copy-paste of their open project, for contrast Hat In Time, even though a UE game has it's own mod tools released at Steam; lack luster DLC of a widely regarded as a **** game, and +3 more Months of waiting. And that is just in the span of a year, what about their long list of mishandling MWO?

Meanwhile HBS have released 3 bonafide DLCs in about the same time PGI purports to release their first DLC and the base game to Steam and GoG. Sounds to me that they can have all the time and money, but its all moot because they are too incompetent to properly use their resources.

This is why I am not willing to wait another 3 to 6 months and still pay them full price, I know how it's going to be, I don't believe them that more money and time would make the game any better.

#4 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:56 PM

As 6th's posted in other threads about mw5 having no steam mod support I don't give an f about mw5 at all. I am wanting cp2077 however so I'm hoping steam has it on sale soon since bills hit hard this month for me. Pgi has proven how little they care about players or quality of any thing they put out. mw5<cp2077 for me.

#5 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 09 December 2020 - 07:25 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 09 December 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

As 6th's posted in other threads about mw5 having no steam mod support I don't give an f about mw5 at all. I am wanting cp2077 however so I'm hoping steam has it on sale soon since bills hit hard this month for me. Pgi has proven how little they care about players or quality of any thing they put out. mw5<cp2077 for me.

You can still mod it -- FO4 can be modded but has no Steam Workshop, most of my mods come from Nexus. However I don't think it (MW5) would be supported by Steam Workshop, because unlike Hat In Time, it has no dedicated mod-tools separate from the actual UE Editor -- because PGI is too incompetent-and/or-lazy to do it.

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 08:03 PM

as somone who did really early game modding, where your tools were a hex editor, notepad, mspaint and whatever modeling tools the game community had managed to come up with on their own. through the blender+gimp+notepad++ era. now were into a time of massive mod tools packages that only run a hand full of scripts written by the developer on top of their rented engine to import and manage assets (tasks which i have historically done manually). when i got into ksp modding i was appalled at having to download the unity engine which weighs in at about half a gig. and now the mw5 mod tools take up about as much space as the game itself, which you also need installed. so until i upgrade my drives im not going to be able to do any mw5 mods. id rather work on my newtonian space shooter thats been on my back burner for a decade.

#7 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 09 December 2020 - 09:08 PM

No further great interest to mW5 ..its only a random generated Shooter with the Wave feeling of Space Invaders, waves of waves in generic looking Worlds ...to Make own Missions in mW4 editor brings more Fun as a Hour mW5

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 10 December 2020 - 09:16 PM.

#8 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 December 2020 - 07:18 PM

Cyberpunk is nothing like the Witcher 3.. Its actually more like Saints Row 3 or 4 to me.. Its a great game but not sure why they'd delay DLC for it.. Honestly Mechs vs cyberpunk is like mixing apples and oranges.

Why can't people buy both imo.

I actually totally avoided MW5 100% because of the epic games thing.. I avoid every game that's on there no matter what it is and how much i'd like to play it.. You stick a game on epic its like adding it exclusive to consoles for me, i will never play it and forget it exists until it comes to Steam.

Sorry but true.

Edited by Samial, 11 December 2020 - 07:21 PM.

#9 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 08:31 PM

View PostSamial, on 11 December 2020 - 07:18 PM, said:

Cyberpunk is nothing like the Witcher 3.. Its actually more like Saints Row 3 or 4 to me.

I wouldn't know. I didn't buy either.

I thought it would be Witcher 3 story-wise, because honestly the story was the best selling point of the game. It's basic 3rd person hack-and-slash, that I would prefer MHW just because bowgun.

I am marginally interested with CP2077 just because guns, but truth be told my money was allocated to MW5 at steam, and now there's now MW5 and I already spent my money on something else than CP2077. I just can't get it right now, too expensive.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 11 December 2020 - 08:32 PM.

#10 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 12 December 2020 - 04:43 AM

Not my cup of tea, both of them.

Me prefers MechWarrior Online :)

#11 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 07:31 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 09 December 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

CP2077 is basically Witcher-3 with guns in my impression, and when I had Witcher-3, I just stopped playing after I murdered the Griffon. It's not my cup of tea.

Come MW5, I would have bought it over CP2077, full price too despite having been released for a god-damn year already, despite general sentiment of it being ****. But nooope, PGI just doesn't care about us already fans.

They claim they wanted better exposure, but staggered release of base-game and DLC would have worked just as well. There are bits of Steam-News that even announces games with updates.

And then the "front-page" argument. Personally, I don't look at store front-page, I google games, watch Lets-Plays like a proper gamer, that is how I learn about games. Such argument never really agreed with me. Hell, look at CP2077, you think it's famous because of a Store-Front? No it precedes the Store-Front, so with that, how can I believe that the Store-Front argument?

Competing money though? Well yes actually. Not sure how other people spend money, but usually I just get one game at a time -- a holiday, a sale, and I can understand if people are taking CP2077, then they won't be taking MW5 as a result.

PGI being PGI, come on they had 1 year of exclusivity from EGS and Epic Money -- all they have to show for that is Mod "Tools" which to my sources, are just lazy copy-paste of their open project, for contrast Hat In Time, even though a UE game has it's own mod tools released at Steam; lack luster DLC of a widely regarded as a **** game, and +3 more Months of waiting. And that is just in the span of a year, what about their long list of mishandling MWO?

Meanwhile HBS have released 3 bonafide DLCs in about the same time PGI purports to release their first DLC and the base game to Steam and GoG. Sounds to me that they can have all the time and money, but its all moot because they are too incompetent to properly use their resources.

This is why I am not willing to wait another 3 to 6 months and still pay them full price, I know how it's going to be, I don't believe them that more money and time would make the game any better.

Next gen https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex not Witcher

#12 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 12 December 2020 - 11:26 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 09 December 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

cyberpunk on the other hand is a game i really dont care about. another quaternion with a gun type game. something i have long since gotten bored with. there just aren't many games that get me excited anymore.

I'm in the same boat. I know Cyberpunk was talked about for years but I didn't buy into the hype. Preordering games that are marketed to death is like taking a gamble now in days. I think my last preorder for video games will be MK11 since the triple A title slapped on a franchise doesn't translate to quality anymore. Not saying that about Cyberpunk since I have yet to play it, but I have other things to look forwards to in the meantime.

#13 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 01:51 PM

Those saying the DLC should not have been pushed back, it was not the only one. Other games have pushed their planned December release items back to like a Path to Exile end game expansion. Not seen proof but I am guessing might also be due to ongoing COVID lockdowns and people out of work thus less money to spend. This is NOT the usual holiday season.

Another item for companies to consider is the console platforms, I see article links about Cyberpunk having issues on them such as competing articles for and against Halo: Infinite skipping xBox One for now.

#14 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 11:29 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 12 December 2020 - 01:51 PM, said:

Those saying the DLC should not have been pushed back, it was not the only one. Other games have pushed their planned December release items back to like a Path to Exile end game expansion. Not seen proof but I am guessing might also be due to ongoing COVID lockdowns and people out of work thus less money to spend. This is NOT the usual holiday season.

Another item for companies to consider is the console platforms, I see article links about Cyberpunk having issues on them such as competing articles for and against Halo: Infinite skipping xBox One for now.

I am playing on PC and have had few problems but it's being played on good hardware. Just don't think the XBox One and PS4 have horse power to run this well

Edited by SirSmokes, 13 December 2020 - 11:30 AM.

#15 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 13 December 2020 - 02:25 PM

Guess they weren't wrong though, I've basically dropped MWO for CP2077 and the icing on the cake is my PC gets a higher framerate from Night City than it does from Solaris City ;)

#16 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:59 AM

Looks like this thread was posted in the wrong section, so I've moved it to MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries

#17 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 07:30 PM

View PostSirSmokes, on 13 December 2020 - 11:29 AM, said:

I am playing on PC and have had few problems but it's being played on good hardware. Just don't think the XBox One and PS4 have horse power to run this well

They gots tons of problem, Microsoft giving refunds and Sony pulling Cyberpunk from their store.

#18 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 06:59 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 20 December 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

They gots tons of problem, Microsoft giving refunds and Sony pulling Cyberpunk from their store.

nobody who makes games wants to put in the work because work is expensive. its easier to throw quality out the window and work a smaller number employees to a frazzle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users