• Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 10:34 AM

Spirit of Giving Sale
STARTS: NOW!
ENDS: December 26th/2020 00:00 UTC
ENDED

2 for 1 gift codes

Buy any Gift from the Gift Store and Get Double the Redeem Codes!

!!- IMPORTANT DETAIL !!
The "Click for details" link underneath the gifting image will redirect you to the Mech package page.
Please make sure you return to the gift store in order to purchase the 2 for 1 Gift Package!!
Purchasing from the Mech Package page will only grant 1 package!
Please submit a ticket to support@mwomercs.com if you have done this by accident!

GIVE A GIFT TO A FRIEND
OR REDEEM BOTH CODES FOR YOUR OWN ACCOUNT!

!!PLEASE NOTE!!
*some codes can only be redeemed once per account
others can be redeemed more than once!

200 GSP Bundle 2 for 1!
MC Gift Codes 2 for 1!
Premium Time Codes 2 for 1!
*Clan and IS Mech Packs 2 for 1!
Heroes, Champions, and Reinforcements 2 for 1!

PURCHASE A COMPLETE COLLECTION and GET A BONUS 200 GSP!

!!PLEASE NOTE!!
We are now Featuring 8 Complete Collections at a time and they Change every 24 hours!

#2 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 10:54 AM

FWIW I think you all should just package at least 45 GSP per mech with any cash purchase as a way to incentivize purchases and lessen the grind for players shelling out for mechpacks.

#3 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 10 December 2020 - 04:27 PM

I don't have any money to give to PGI right now.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 10 December 2020 - 04:36 PM.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 10:50 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 10 December 2020 - 03:39 PM, said:

I think we need some clarification here. The disclaimer says Mechpacks can only redeemed once per account, but Heros and Reinforcements multiple times. Unfortunately there are two kinds of Reininforcements in the store and two kinds of Heros.
If I for example own the basic Corsair pack and now buy the Ravager, can I redeem it twice, because it's a Hero or only once because it counts as a Mechpack? Same goes for Reinforcements, if I buy the Corsair reinforcements, do I get to redeem them twice, or only once because they are a Meckpack?

You can only redeem one of these packs each.
Basically every pack you can buy from this page https://mwomercs.com/store and this page https://mwomercs.com/store/gifts can be redeemed only once.

#5 Daemonara

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 December 2020 - 05:24 AM

Great, thank you guys! :D

#6 Galahad2030

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 11:31 AM

I will be spending heavily on gifts in MWO. This is a welcome sale.

#7 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 04:38 PM

Can I redeem a gifted reinforcements or hero code for mechs I don't have the base packs for? For example, this account has the base pack for the Marauder II but the account I would gift the bonus reinforcement code to doesn't - would both accounts be able to redeem?

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 11 December 2020 - 04:39 PM.

#8 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 07:42 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 11 December 2020 - 06:30 PM, said:

no.

Bah. Thought not

#9 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 08:41 PM

Also if buying for yourself then remember it'll show you can buy any of them.
But first maybe doublecheck if you already own them from other packs?
Posted Image

#10 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 13 December 2020 - 05:57 AM

[Edit] MWO Staff ought to come out and clarify this matter for us all. [/Edit]

I SUSPECT that one can only one (1) package per account for packages mentioned here:

In your internet web browser at MWO website,
[Profile]>>[Preorders]
http://mwomercs.com/profile/preorders

The "IS_Pack" and the "Clan_Pack" is once-per-account, I believe.
You can see what MWO defines these at:
http://mwomercs.com/store/gifts

ie: If you have already purchased an Standard_Pack / Collector's_Pack / Ultimate_Pack for Vapor Eagle, then you cannot claim this package for your account again.

Also, if you have previously bought only "Standard_Pack", then you can upgrade (by paying the price differential) for the "Collector's_Pack", "Reinforcements_Add-On", and "Hero_Add-On".

Basically if you've previously bought any of the packs at above URL in any shape or form, then this "spirit of giving buy 1 get 1 free" is not for you.

I also suspect that if you have bought any of the bigger packages by "a-la-carte" (Clan Wave 1/2/3, Origins IIC, etc.), then you cannot access this "spirit of giving buy 1 get 1 free" for your account.

You can still buy the "Mech_Bundle" for buy-1-get-1-free, as these are not counted as "IS_Pack".
(Mech Bundles are only for IS mechs; there are no "Clan" Mech Bundles).

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
BUT if you've only bought the Hero (through "Drop Ship Deals" or directly bought in-game using MC), then I suspect that you can still utilize one of the two redeem codes for your account, in this "spirit of giving buy 1 get 1 free" promotion.

Edited by w0qj, 13 December 2020 - 06:18 AM.

#11 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 07:03 AM

As far as I can tell, the dropship deals are a really bad purchase compared to the Spirit of Giving MC sales. Buying a $50 MC package gives you 12,000MC (x2 because you get an extra gift code that you can redeem yourself) for a total of 24,000MC. Buying the Assault IS Dropship package is 4 assaults for $40, assuming you pick the 4 most expensive assaults, the cost of those 4 mechs is 15,000MC. So for an extra $10, you can get 9,000 more MC. Which lets you buy an additional 2 100ton assaults with 1,500MC leftover. Now since the dropship deals come with free mechbay slots, we need to calculate that in as well. 4 full priced slots is 1,200MC, so you can afford 5 mechbay slots if you choose to not wait for a mechbay sale and 10 slots if you wait for a sale.

Not to mention that you can mix-match the mechs you buy with MC compared to being forced to purchase 4 IS or 4 Clan mechs and that you save a lot more money if you get the lower tonnage mechs in that category. For example if you buy 4 80 ton mechs instead of 4 100 ton mechs with MC, you only spend 12,000 MC compared to 15,000 MC whereas with the dropship deals you still spend $40.

TL;DR. If you don't mind spending $5-$10 more, it's always a significantly more efficient decision to buy the MC package price closest to the Dropship bundle price than to actually buy the Dropship bundle. You'll end up with at least 50% more mechs at worst and 75% more mechs at best.

#12 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:01 AM

View PostKrovakon, on 13 December 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

As far as I can tell, the dropship deals are a really bad purchase compared to the Spirit of Giving MC sales. Buying a $50 MC package gives you 12,000MC (x2 because you get an extra gift code that you can redeem yourself) for a total of 24,000MC. Buying the Assault IS Dropship package is 4 assaults for $40, assuming you pick the 4 most expensive assaults, the cost of those 4 mechs is 15,000MC. So for an extra $10, you can get 9,000 more MC. Which lets you buy an additional 2 100ton assaults with 1,500MC leftover. Now since the dropship deals come with free mechbay slots, we need to calculate that in as well. 4 full priced slots is 1,200MC, so you can afford 5 mechbay slots if you choose to not wait for a mechbay sale and 10 slots if you wait for a sale.

Not to mention that you can mix-match the mechs you buy with MC compared to being forced to purchase 4 IS or 4 Clan mechs and that you save a lot more money if you get the lower tonnage mechs in that category. For example if you buy 4 80 ton mechs instead of 4 100 ton mechs with MC, you only spend 12,000 MC compared to 15,000 MC whereas with the dropship deals you still spend $40.

TL;DR. If you don't mind spending $5-$10 more, it's always a significantly more efficient decision to buy the MC package price closest to the Dropship bundle price than to actually buy the Dropship bundle. You'll end up with at least 50% more mechs at worst and 75% more mechs at best.

Your math is wrong. The most expensive IS Assaults are the 100tonners and they come at 7.5k MC each. That would be 30k for the four Assaults plus 1200 MC for the 4 Mechbays.
4 80tonners are at 6k each for 24k MC total plus 1200 MC for 4 Mechbays.
So 50$ for 24.000 MC or 40$ for Mechs/Mechbays worth up to 31.200 MC.
That out of the way, 4 Clan Assaults for 40$ are a way better deal than 4 IS Assaults for the same price, because Clan mechs cost even more MC.
The only way to get more out of the MC bundles would be to wait for a hero mech sale at 50% discount.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 13 December 2020 - 08:06 AM.

#13 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 08:58 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 13 December 2020 - 08:01 AM, said:

Your math is wrong. The most expensive IS Assaults are the 100tonners and they come at 7.5k MC each. That would be 30k for the four Assaults plus 1200 MC for the 4 Mechbays.
4 80tonners are at 6k each for 24k MC total plus 1200 MC for 4 Mechbays.
So 50$ for 24.000 MC or 40$ for Mechs/Mechbays worth up to 31.200 MC.
That out of the way, 4 Clan Assaults for 40$ are a way better deal than 4 IS Assaults for the same price, because Clan mechs cost even more MC.
The only way to get more out of the MC bundles would be to wait for a hero mech sale at 50% discount.

Of course my math is about buying them on sale, The prices are so obscene in MWO that buying a mech off-sale is lunacy. There's going to be a giant Christmas sale soon and a vast majority, if not all of the mechs, are going to be on sale over that period. Which is why I say that the buy 1 get 1 free sale is way better than the dropship sale. Imagine spending ~$45 just on the Direwolf Ultraviolet hero alone if you bought it at full price with no sales (which requires you to buy the $30 MC bundle and the $15 MC bundle to have enough funds to be able to purchase it). This drops down to ~$10 if you buy it during a half-off sale with MC that you purchased half-off, which is a reasonable price for a F2P title.

#14 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 10:16 PM

Wholeheartedly agreed on the MC prices for mechs. The thing is, you can never know when such a sale is going live. From the wording, I doubt we'll see one before christmas, maybe the boxing sales, but who knows?

#15 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:45 PM

Dear MWO Staff,

Re: MWO: Please confirm I can get two (2) sets of "IS Ultimate Rewards" by at Gift Store Purchase "2-for-1 Deal" for buying both NightStar & Osiris?

Please confirm that my friend and I can get total of two (2) sets of "IS Ultimate Rewards" (ie: +5% C-Bills bonus Hanging/Standing items, & +5% XP bonus Hanging/Standing items) on my own account and my friend's accounts, by making Gift Store Purchase "2-for-1 Deal" for buying both NightStar & Osiris?

ie:
(1) Buy NightStar [Collectors_Pack] + [Reinforcement_Add-on] + [Hero_Add-On], and

(2) Buy Osiris [Collectors_Pack] + [Reinforcement_Add-on] + [Hero_Add-On].

So buying both (1) and (2) under this Gift Store Purchase "2-for-1 Deal", please confirm that my friend and I can get total of two (2) sets of "IS Ultimate Rewards" (ie: +5% C-Bills bonus Hanging/Standing items, & +5% XP bonus Hanging/Standing items) on my own account and my friend's accounts?

#16 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:09 PM

Not MWO staff, but since you are not able to buy the Ultimate Pack as a Gift, you won't be able to acquire the ultimate rewards. Buying the Collectors+Reinforcements+Hero is not the same as the ultimate pack, as dumb as it sounds.

#17 Punnisher

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 10:42 AM

View Postw0qj, on 15 December 2020 - 09:45 PM, said:

Dear MWO Staff,

Re: MWO: Please confirm I can get two (2) sets of "IS Ultimate Rewards" by at Gift Store Purchase "2-for-1 Deal" for buying both NightStar & Osiris?

Please confirm that my friend and I can get total of two (2) sets of "IS Ultimate Rewards" (ie: +5% C-Bills bonus Hanging/Standing items, & +5% XP bonus Hanging/Standing items) on my own account and my friend's accounts, by making Gift Store Purchase "2-for-1 Deal" for buying both NightStar & Osiris?

ie:
(1) Buy NightStar [Collectors_Pack] + [Reinforcement_Add-on] + [Hero_Add-On], and

(2) Buy Osiris [Collectors_Pack] + [Reinforcement_Add-on] + [Hero_Add-On].

So buying both (1) and (2) under this Gift Store Purchase "2-for-1 Deal", please confirm that my friend and I can get total of two (2) sets of "IS Ultimate Rewards" (ie: +5% C-Bills bonus Hanging/Standing items, & +5% XP bonus Hanging/Standing items) on my own account and my friend's accounts?

I ended up buying 2 ultimate packs thinking of the 2 for 1 deal, the first one was an accident, so I tried to fix it by buying the right ultimate pack, but instead of getting the 2 for 1 thing, it just autoposted it to my account... the system needs to be fixed, I went with the ultimate pack because I didn't want 4 seperate charges on my card... you guys really need to fix that... should be able to to either get the ultimate pack, or set it up so that you can click a box beside each of the options so that regardless it would be one transaction... like alot of sites have a shopping cart ideal, but I have yet to see that brought here

#18 mytilus edulis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 07:26 PM

I got a few hundred bucks just waiting for this sale to come back...

#19 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 16 December 2021 - 02:38 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 10 December 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

Spirit of Giving Sale

STARTS: NOW!

ENDS: December 26th 00:00 UTC

2 for 1 gift codes

Buy any Gift from the Gift Store and Get Double the Redeem Codes!

!!- IMPORTANT DETAIL !!

I can tell you one thing: It all confuses me as hell.

And one suggestion: If you would reduce the prices of those oldest 'Mech Packs/Collections by the factor of ten (10), then perhaps people would actually buy those old Clan Wave 1, Clan Wave 2 or Clan Wave 3 'Mechs and Collections.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users