Give Us A Map Blacklist.

Polar Highlands

8 replies to this topic

#1 No1Curr

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 12:56 PM

I'm tired of Polar and I'm getting to the point where I would rather just tap out of a drop than be dragged into it repeatedly via no choice of my own. Someone else wants Polar? Fine, but don't force me into it. I have yet to enjoy a single drop on Polar, win or lose, and I would rather lose HORRIBLY on any other map than win on Polar. That's where I'm at right now.

#2 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 November 2021 - 06:06 AM

I feel the same way about HPG Manifold ever since they screwed it up.

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 06:25 AM

1) I feel that such feature requests should go into this section: Feature Suggestions

2) The reworked (and currently used) Polar Highlands map has not much in common with the original Polar Highlands map anyway (that the OP mentioned in his starting post and that is no longer offered).

3) Some kind of "Map blacklist" would make the game pretty unbalanced. Everybody would optimize his 'Mech for some specific situation or map and then blacklist all other maps.

For example, imagine somebody designing some one-shot-killer Daishi and then blacklisting all other maps than Solaris City. He would not have to care about any other maps, since he would blacklist them. Would you like to be instakilled by such 'Mech?

And of course, such "Map blacklist" would result in increased waiting, since it would create additional burden for the matchmaker to care about.

#4 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 17 November 2021 - 09:50 AM

Is there a **hidden map vote*, like MM/server have votes too? Reasons...

#5 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 08:10 PM

View Postmartian, on 17 November 2021 - 06:25 AM, said:

1) I feel that such feature requests should go into this section: Feature Suggestions

2) The reworked (and currently used) Polar Highlands map has not much in common with the original Polar Highlands map anyway (that the OP mentioned in his starting post and that is no longer offered).

3) Some kind of "Map blacklist" would make the game pretty unbalanced. Everybody would optimize his 'Mech for some specific situation or map and then blacklist all other maps.

For example, imagine somebody designing some one-shot-killer Daishi and then blacklisting all other maps than Solaris City. He would not have to care about any other maps, since he would blacklist them. Would you like to be instakilled by such 'Mech?

And of course, such "Map blacklist" would result in increased waiting, since it would create additional burden for the matchmaker to care about.

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!

Your example sucks because of your non-logic approach:
If he is only on that map, he will never see me in City!
So he gets the suckers he earns with him and I the smart I like on the maps I like. (or vise versa if you are objected by sucker, I suck and you not or what ever you loser).

I have no problem in waiting for Alpine, as it is shown only every 100 or 200 map chooses.

So u get the point?
You want City, go in your city list, I am not on it and don't see any suckers on that. And the world is ok again for me in MWO!

Cause the Alpine-lover (suckersr) are know exactly what to biuld for Alpine or other maps.

#6 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 08:32 PM

And by the way, beeing on the sides of the std-curve you mostly get faster maps because you mostly get the same ppl on that map, as they are mostly not on other maps.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 11:46 PM

The more additional conditions and blacklists you put on the matchmaker, the longer waiting you are going to get as the result.

There is no way to get around it.

#8 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 04 January 2022 - 05:14 PM

View PostSeelenlos, on 18 December 2021 - 08:10 PM, said:

Cause the Alpine-lover (suckersr) are know exactly what to biuld for Alpine or other maps.

I cant argue here. Alpine is the rarest map among all of them, and I have no idea why that is.

#9 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 13 January 2022 - 12:02 PM

Alpine is the map with the most possible tactics of all maps. At least 8, other maps in average 2-3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users