6 replies to this topic

#1 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 11 December 2020 - 06:33 AM

Been enjoying running a stealth fle-20 and pirates bane with 4 mediums and it's hilariously effective due to the tiny size but somewhat squishy if you get caught out. So I looked around for a sturdier stealth flanker and the grinner looks very good but I will wait for a sale but became interested in the cicada and settled on this fit. Can fire almost forever under stealth on a cold or temperate map and the range and cooldown quirks combined with the skill tree have it hitting 337m optimal and 2.5 second cycle time. Fast and nimble enough to run with the lights if you invest in speed tweak. So far my second favorite stealth mech next to the pirates bane.

Posted Image

Edited by Meep Meep, 12 December 2020 - 07:56 AM.

#2 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 12 December 2020 - 07:22 AM

After a bit of experimentation I settled on this fit for the extra range. Still very heat efficient under stealth for the cost of a bit of overall armor and since the entire point is to not get shot its a worthy sacrifice. If you are feeling particularly skillful you can shave another ton off and stick a tc1 for the extra zoom, beam range and crit chance.

450m optimal and 900m max along with a brisk 2.9 second cycle time means you can target open torsos from well beyond most brawler build ranges. It murders most of the typical ankle biter lights especially the piranha since you are nearly as fast as them and have a lot more armor. This is definitely becoming a favorite maybe even more than my trusty pirates bane.

Posted Image

#3 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 13 December 2020 - 09:49 AM

Try a smaller engine with 1x lge pulse and 3x erml. Range synergy works well

Edited by PeppaPig, 13 December 2020 - 10:29 AM.

#4 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 13 December 2020 - 02:12 PM

Yeah but this is for fighting from stealth so thats too much heat. If I want range synergy I can run 4 er meds and a uac5 but that won't fit if I run stealth.

#5 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 18 December 2020 - 01:21 AM

Final iteration. Settled on a mid range dps build that can sustain fire on any map. I'll leave the high speed flanking and runs to the rear to my flea and pirates bane. Size does matter when you want to ninja squirrel. Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 01:33 AM

Thats less damage than a low-tier 20-tonner.

You can turn off stealth to lose heat, you know.

#7 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 18 December 2020 - 02:10 AM

View PostGagis, on 18 December 2020 - 01:33 AM, said:

Thats less damage than a low-tier 20-tonner.

You can turn off stealth to lose heat, you know.

It's 20 damage every 2.5 seconds for as long as I have a clear target. No worries it racks it up fast. As to the reason when you fight from stealth you will find many mechs simply ignore you focusing on the ones with targeting brackets. In many brawls I can safely fire away without return fire unless I make myself an obvious target. Plus on darker maps I can sneak behind mechs and find and object to put behind me then fire and don't move when they turn to look. Waaaay more often than not the mark 1 eyeball will slide right past me and they turn away again prompting another shot into the back. Repeat until they either leave or die. Of course that type of work is better suited to the tiny stealth lights who have to rely more on hit n run due to the poor heat management.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users