Display Fusion Issues

3 replies to this topic

#1 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 07:10 AM

Came back from a long hiatus and MWO renders at the proper resolution but gets squished to one of three monitors instead of spanning all three. Anyone run into this before?

Not a huge deal as I can just exit Display Fusion when I play but the monitor splitting for all other apps while waiting in the queue is a great feature that I hate to turn off.

#2 NARC BAIT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 December 2020 - 07:21 AM

not familiar with the software ( display fusion ), so I'm going to blame it ... well, more accurately, I'm going to assume its misconfigured ....

lets work through some things that might lead you to the right answers, firstly are you using dx9 or dx11, secondly are you using fullscreen, or full window mode ....

using full window mode pretty much sets the game rendering in a window that will happily resize, whereas using fullscreen will make it all much more rigid ....

#3 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 December 2020 - 08:00 PM

It's obviously a Display Fusion issue as killing Display Fusion lets the game run fine, but MWO used to run fine months ago when I played and appears to be the only game with this issue so far.

I've been running DX11 in full window ever since both were options.

MWO runs fine windowed and full screen which is why it's a bit baffling, but I hate the title bar for windowed and alt-tabbing when playing full screen is just horrible.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:36 PM

There are three different modes. Windowed mode (task bar), Full Windowed mode (no task bar), then Full Screen. You will want to select Full Windowed Mode to not see the Taskbar when in game.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 14 December 2020 - 05:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users