Issues With Game Launcher

4 replies to this topic

#1 spider foot 5

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 01:27 PM

I'm not sure if this counts as a website issue, but since my problems started here, I'm putting it here. people feel free to correct me on this.
I've been around the block a few times with this game, and after slapping together a new pc, I was excited to see what the beast could do with game. Mind you I was coming off of playing on a laptop. so about december 12, I go to download the launcher from the site. I was greeted for 3 days with basically an error 404 for the files when clicking that big "download game" like they want you too. So I wait, and last night I was able to download the launcher. So I get the launcher with no apperent problem, and set it to download overnight while I went to bed. I have my pc set to never turn off, but my screen turns off after 5 minutes. So I come back today, ready to get everything rolling, only to find that at some point along the way the files corrupted or something? I regret not saving the message, but it said something about hash and the files may have been corrupted. I've never had this problem before, and I do have room on my ssd for the game, so does anyone know what gives? As I type I'm trying again with the launcher. If everything goes well I'll say as much. Until then, has anyone else had this kind of issue lately?

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:39 AM

Seems like you are experiencing connection problems. Probably routing issues to the NA servers. Whats your region and ISP? Did you try another DNS?

#3 spider foot 5

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:04 AM

That's the thing. My internet has never failed me. It's the same connection I used on the laptop I played on, and as a matter of fact I am in the NA server region. I tried again last night. last I knew before I went to bed was that the download was at 11,150
mb. I wake up, and I found it errored again. This time I saved the message though. Does anyone know how to get into the files and wipe everything related to MWO off my SSD so I can try again with a clean install of the launcher? Below is the error BTW.

Edited by spider foot 5, 16 December 2020 - 06:06 AM.

#4 spider foot 5

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:09 AM

I'm trying to copy-paste an image from my pc to the post but that does seem to be working so I'll just quote it.
"MD5 Hash Mismatch The MD5 hash of the local file doesn't match that of the file on the server. This means that the file is either corrupt or simple not the file that was expected"
Any idea?

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:15 AM

https://mwomercs.com...h-error-message

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users