Limit Group Size To 4 Or 6 To Fix Faction Play

29 replies to this topic

#21 Kill Chain

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 01:49 PM

Agree with OP. Most other games of this type (World of Warships & War Thunder) limit match squad sizes for a reason.

#22 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 10:19 PM

View PostCichol Balor, on 14 January 2021 - 04:13 AM, said:

They need to go back to promoting FP as the unit option not go further away from it. I would argue it should require you to form at least a group of 6 if not 12 to queue up.

You're a solo who wants to join? hit that LFG button now there is another way for units to recruit and grow and you always have groups against groups without leaving out the solo guy.

If thats the case and faction is group only, is their a problem with a solo's having a solo only faction queue because they like it as they get queuing up in the existing faction queue

And with a group only faction queue, which you suggested you don't really need the soloes around

So them having their own Faction queue should be OK

Yes?

Edited by General Solo, 29 January 2021 - 10:21 PM.

#23 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 03:23 AM

View PostRexxxxxxxxx, on 15 December 2020 - 09:59 PM, said:

It's very rare that we ever get a 12 man vs 12 man or close to it. The majority of the time its pug vs 12 man.

That´s mainly a problem of them pugs being their usually learning-resistant derpy selves .

Scrap your ideas, Rexxy-boyo, they are worse than PGI´s ideas .

#24 Rexxxxxxxxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 10:42 AM

View PostKill Chain, on 23 January 2021 - 01:49 PM, said:

Agree with OP. Most other games of this type (World of Warships & War Thunder) limit match squad sizes for a reason.

This isnt my idea. It's a standard practice in multiple games as Kill Chain points out.

Edited by Rexxxxxxxxx, 30 January 2021 - 10:42 AM.

#25 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 12:03 PM

having a 12 man effectively disables match making. as the way the game is structured gives 12 man a guaranteed drop no matter what is on the other side. but i think teams intentionally trying to create a huge skill gap need to be de-prioritized.

another way might be to enforce a one lance rule but allow sync drops. if the mm can come up with an opposing team that is on equal footing, then the 12 man can stay together. it might be set up where you can drop as 12 but the mm reserves the right to break you up if it determines you to be unbeatable or you can opt in to only fight 12s, but you lose your priority.

of course none of that would ever work because of how dead the queue is.

#26 Breidr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:10 AM

As someone who just came back to the game, I am sad. Faction Play was always far from perfect, but now it may as well not exist. I don't think I'll go out and join a unit this time, and they seem to be dead anyway.

Right now I play with a close group of friends now that my buddy has a new computer. So whenever we play, we play as a full lance. I was super excited to go into FP Scouting as a team and have some fun, but it doesn't exist anymore. Solaris only supports 2v2 and is dead anyway. Our options are QP or.... QP.

I got into this game because I like BattleTech and I originally had an "immersive" style of doing things. I was an FRR loyalist, I built my dropdeck [lance] with the meta in mind, but also kind of fit the standard BattleTech lance structure. I really wanted to play the "campaign." Other than that one time we did the Tukayyid thing, it's never really happened. Yeah, we fight over planets, but does it really matter anymore. The fronts are so shrunk down it just doesn't do much anymore.

In my ideal world [and this will piss a lot of folks off] I say scrap the whole thing and stop splitting the playerbase. Feed FP into QP and just allow players to accumulate points towards the campaign similar to how For Honor does it. You could even use their idea of making it influence the maps that show up in QP if you wanted.

Scrap or rework Solaris to be your 12/12 mode or something. I honestly have no answer for 12 man groups. My ideas are far from perfect too. Just some food for thought on how we could do things to get more "BattleTech" into this game, since MW5 didn't really do it for me.

Bonus Points if they put out more "lance" sized modes.

#27 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:46 PM

Personally as a Solo Pug, i still play and enjoy FP immensely, its a totally diferent playstyle to quickplay.

Curiously now that there are few players, "12 vs pugs" are rare, at least during the week, and the games are quite enjoyable!

So, FP might be at its best for the regular Joe in this semi-deserted condition.

I like the sugestion of a 4v4 bucket somewhere, either solaris or scouting, but please dont kill FP :)

Edited by Absaint, 02 February 2021 - 01:47 PM.

#28 Vagosei

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 05:14 PM

Haven’t some of us been saying it for years? Yep. Oh look. I went from tier 1 to 3 after reset...and still a 3. Don’t play hardly. Sucks the life out the matches. Glad to see that you see the light rexxxx. Keep preaching í ½í±

Edited by Vagosei, 02 February 2021 - 05:17 PM.

#29 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 06:08 AM

I think 8 player cap would be fine, but I wouldn't push for it., I think its not fair to ruin others fun if they want to 12 man. As far as I can tell the only 12 mans left really are GNX and the occasionally lore friendly units that venture into FP. You certainly wont see JGX or EVIL 12 mans ever Max i ever see of JGX is 4-6. Max evil ive played with is about the same. Kcom still rolling 12 mans? I don't hardly ever seen them any longer.

#30 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 07:47 AM

Just no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users