Broken Balance Or Tons Of Cheaters

16 replies to this topic

#1 6yxapb

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 03:44 AM

PG, what is wrong with you and your game???I played 10 matches and all was loses. What is this?? For those who like spaming nonsense garbage like "its you bad player" - it was 10 loses of whole team, not just me, so i dont understand what is wrong with balance in this game, why 10 times in a row, i play in weaker team??How i suppose to play this "event" if team losing 10 of 10 matches??? Mood was spoiled , because of incompetence of those , who make balance. Thanks for "event", so much pleasure playing it.

Edited by 6yxapb, 17 December 2020 - 03:45 AM.

#2 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 17 December 2020 - 05:41 AM

Now that premades can drop with solo players if you are a solo player the odds are greater you end up on the solo team vs premades with solos. This typically means a loss for the solo side. Don't worry about wins in this game as no one really cares about stats. Play your mech farm damage and kills and enjoy yourself. The wins will come too.

#3 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 17 December 2020 - 08:10 AM

Broken Balance, or perhaps the Matchmaker just hates you.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 17 December 2020 - 04:03 PM

nah its something much worse. its a niche game with a lot of people who play the game religiously and at a high level. its also got a steep learning curve for new players. this creates huge skill disparities. so what looks like cheating is to the one player is just a typical day in the cockpit for the other one. you cant just beat some of the grognards.

i dont think the game was designed with this huge skill disparity in mind and when compounded with low pop player base the whole matter is made worse, and then the pop is divided further by buckets and factions that all hate eachother in lore. it could be but that would take a whole re-design of the game. complete, not a bunch of 'just do this' tweaks.

you would need to re-assess some of the tradeoffs. proper faction play might be possible but the match size has to come down to increase drop rate to an acceptable level. or rescale match sizes based on situation. it might be 12v12 on the clan is border, but you might have 4v4 at the davion-liao border. requiring that every game is 12v12 presents a limitation to the mm that it has to overcome.

then you need to accomidate the lazy foo aspect, where people just want games, they dont want to jump through any hoops. if they want their own sandbox then you got to divide the population. people want to play groups only or solo only, then divide those further. then you want to divide again to keep each tier in islolation. i dont care how big a number you start with, if you keep dividing that down eventually you just cant do that anymore without violating a major law in mathematics.

Edited by LordNothing, 17 December 2020 - 04:05 PM.

#5 Rchevyier

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 03:08 AM

considering you think missile boating is cheating, I'm gonna have to say you were playing against a bunch of cheaters ;)

https://i.vgy.me/l17mCm.png
https://i.vgy.me/4cL3kf.png

Edited by Rchevyier, 18 December 2020 - 03:10 AM.

#6 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 12:37 AM

Yeah what Lord Nothing said
We speet at yoour lerms
Terrian masking is not hacking

If you poke from cover, shoot and return in under 3 seconds you almost never get gotted locked

Standing in the open is another issue

#7 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 03:08 AM

you want to fix the problem? get all your friends and family to start playing. No seriously.

To have any attempt at balancing teams, we need sufficient player numbers due to the various factors at play, player Tier and Mech tonnage being the big ones.

But with the lack of players in this game, we longer have a viable option to have well balanced games.

On a more related and immediate note, the question is "Should matchmaker prioritise tonnage over player Tier/premade groups when balancing teams?"

My opinion is absolutely. But that's not the case. The matchmaker is kind of assuming a Tier 1 player in a Locust is somehow going to carry the team against 6 Assault mech piloted by new players.

The matchmaker ALSO overestimates the ability of premades, which in my experience, most of them are not good players. But the matchmaker assumes premades are equal and they are supposed to carry the team.

These events are necessary evils to bring in MORE players, in the hope they will stay for the longer term, so that we can have a big enough player pool to balance games.

For an immediate but temporary fix to your problem, unfortunately it goes back to "git gud". I don't use joke/fun builds during these events. I bring my most meta tryhard mechs out to demolish the opponents. So you better bring that 2XUAC5/2XUAC10 MCII-B out every game. Then you have actual chances to turn games around by focusing down the opposing new players, who have tendencies to stare at you while you unload into their CT.

LRMs are a new player problem. They are many ways to deal with them. My favourite of which is to get right up to their cockpit glass and give them a face full of UAC20 rounds. Also, always ECM during LRM fests

Edited by ImperialKnight, 20 December 2020 - 03:21 AM.

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 04:18 AM

i got enough computers for all my cats.

#9 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 06:01 AM

Or if you have 23 friends make a private lobby and you can balance yourself

#10 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 01:24 PM

Actually some of the solutions here will not work and some of the problems are not limited to MWO.

#11 6yxapb

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:35 AM

And after 1MONTH no answer from admin, devs or moderators. I see typical ignoring, not a first time(hello to support). Yep, game have a great future with such attitude to game problems. No wonder, why game have extremely low online. People just runing out from the game.

#12 6yxapb

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 03:45 AM

View PostImperialKnight, on 20 December 2020 - 03:08 AM, said:

you want to fix the problem? get all your friends and family to start playing. No seriously.

To have any attempt at balancing teams, we need sufficient player numbers due to the various factors at play, player Tier and Mech tonnage being the big ones.

But with the lack of players in this game, we longer have a viable option to have well balanced games.

On a more related and immediate note, the question is "Should matchmaker prioritise tonnage over player Tier/premade groups when balancing teams?"

My opinion is absolutely. But that's not the case. The matchmaker is kind of assuming a Tier 1 player in a Locust is somehow going to carry the team against 6 Assault mech piloted by new players.

The matchmaker ALSO overestimates the ability of premades, which in my experience, most of them are not good players. But the matchmaker assumes premades are equal and they are supposed to carry the team.

These events are necessary evils to bring in MORE players, in the hope they will stay for the longer term, so that we can have a big enough player pool to balance games.

For an immediate but temporary fix to your problem, unfortunately it goes back to "git gud". I don't use joke/fun builds during these events. I bring my most meta tryhard mechs out to demolish the opponents. So you better bring that 2XUAC5/2XUAC10 MCII-B out every game. Then you have actual chances to turn games around by focusing down the opposing new players, who have tendencies to stare at you while you unload into their CT.

LRMs are a new player problem. They are many ways to deal with them. My favourite of which is to get right up to their cockpit glass and give them a face full of UAC20 rounds. Also, always ECM during LRM fests

LRM are bane of this game and im sure 80% players leaving game because of this cheating. You just stupidly pressing LMB , staying behind your team and obstacles ,and thats all. Trajectory of lrm are ridicuous and they easily hiting you even behind cover. Play ecm many times - gives almost nothing. And standart thing - if losing whole team - you loosing too, so no matter what mech you play - stupid balance(and cheaters ofcourse)wont let you win. So, why some players have more rights then others?? Why im always playing on the side of weaker team???There is 12vs12 players, not me vs all. And only in this game i was banned and warning for calling someone cheater. Its ridiculous, got banned for not even breaking the rules, but just call some pride "skill" lrm player a cheater. Its not even offense(if someone offense on calling him cheater - its his problem, "cheater" are not bad language).

#13 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:39 AM

LRM chits, PPC chits, MPL chits. HMGs are for real men!

#14 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:40 AM

View Post6yxapb, on 17 December 2020 - 03:44 AM, said:

PG, what is wrong with you and your game???I played 10 matches and all was loses. What is this?? For those who like spaming nonsense garbage like "its you bad player" - it was 10 loses of whole team, not just me, so i dont understand what is wrong with balance in this game, why 10 times in a row, i play in weaker team??How i suppose to play this "event" if team losing 10 of 10 matches??? Mood was spoiled , because of incompetence of those , who make balance. Thanks for "event", so much pleasure playing it.

gonna look for the next whinging thread in a few hours. Thanks for the aneurism when trying to read the english, breh.

#15 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 07:45 AM

Posted Image

View Post6yxapb, on 14 January 2021 - 03:45 AM, said:

LRM are bane of this game and im sure 80% players leaving game because of this cheating. You just stupidly pressing LMB , staying behind your team and obstacles ,and thats all. Trajectory of lrm are ridicuous and they easily hiting you even behind cover. Play ecm many times - gives almost nothing. And standart thing - if losing whole team - you loosing too, so no matter what mech you play - stupid balance(and cheaters ofcourse)wont let you win. So, why some players have more rights then others?? Why im always playing on the side of weaker team???There is 12vs12 players, not me vs all. And only in this game i was banned and warning for calling someone cheater. Its ridiculous, got banned for not even breaking the rules, but just call some pride "skill" lrm player a cheater. Its not even offense(if someone offense on calling him cheater - its his problem, "cheater" are not bad language).

Posted Image

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 14 January 2021 - 07:57 AM.

#16 Damocles Commando

Rookie

• The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 08:08 AM

While I do agree that indirect fire LRMs are overpowered and broken, at some point you have to accept responsibility for your own play and "git gud" or get farmed. Or you could not play. Thats always an option...

#17 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 11:43 PM

Thread locked due to the unconstructivity of its essence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users