"fanmech" Kaiser

Art Misc

2 replies to this topic

#1 RobianPirate

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 06:02 PM

Wanted to take a shot at designing my own "original" mech. Don't know much about technical details but I have an origin for this design.

The Kaiser was developed by Luthian Armor after Comstar's victory at Tukkayid. The plan was to design a new roster of mechs based off established designs. In the Kaiser's case it was based off the Mauler which was selected to iron out its teething troubles. While the silhouettes are similar the weapon placements not as much. The Kaiser has a total of four Medium lasers: Two in the torso, one on each arm. A pair of LRM-10's on the side torso sections. A single AutoCannon-10 on the right arm and Large laser on the left arm.

The naming convention was a result of a marketing ploy describing the mech as "The new King of the Battlefield". Prior to this the mech was just labelled as Mauler-II. As expected the Lyran Commonwealth were quick to jump on this new design in time for the FedCom Civil War and the Word of Blake Jihad.
Posted Image

Edited by RobianPirate, 22 December 2020 - 06:06 PM.

#2 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 03:16 AM

cool, but maybe include some base specs and some fluff. You can reference Sarna
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mauler

The Mauler is already a relatively new mech rolled out in 3048. Anything based off it should incorporate new tech rather than old weapon types. Maybe through setting it in the Jihad era. Something you can include is that this can actually torso twist, as the original Mauler was not able to do it

#3 RobianPirate

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 11:51 AM

View PostImperialKnight, on 23 December 2020 - 03:16 AM, said:

cool, but maybe include some base specs and some fluff. You can reference Sarna
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Mauler

The Mauler is already a relatively new mech rolled out in 3048. Anything based off it should incorporate new tech rather than old weapon types. Maybe through setting it in the Jihad era. Something you can include is that this can actually torso twist, as the original Mauler was not able to do it

Well as I said, I'm not great with technical stuff. I can craft a basic story and give a loadout but anything more and I'm at a loss. I don't even know what engine it would have or how much armor to give it. I'm just not that smart to write down stuff like that.

I do appreciate the feedback though so many thanks. I know the Mauler is a fairly new mech. From what I skimmed it was based off a DC failed prototype mech and although the FC redesign/re-engineered Mauler was an improvement it more-or-less just made it competent. Only reason I described it as "ready for the FedCom CW" was I forgot how much time is between that and the Clan Invasion.

On an aside you did bring up the torso twist which I failed to mention in the original. That improvement would exist leaving the only original parts of the Mauler still present is its legs.

Edited by RobianPirate, 23 December 2020 - 11:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users