Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 25 December 2020 - 10:33 PM

I was unexpected disconnected and when I tried to login to the game I receive the error: A network error occurred.

Anyone else or is it just me?

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,570 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 December 2020 - 11:27 PM

MWO game client is slightly slow in detecting changes in internet source, hence this "error".

If nothing else, try rebooting your computer and MWO should login fine :)

#3 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:15 PM

Yes i've had it three times this holiday.

#4 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 04:03 PM

Discos are back, and they can happen anytime Posted Image

Just had one in a slow Atlas, reconnecting is so discouraging, it's like your game is completely going to get thrown down the trash or you match score severely lowered. Been having at least one a day... Posted Image

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 December 2020 - 06:02 PM

View PostAlan Hicks, on 28 December 2020 - 04:03 PM, said:

Discos are back, and they can happen anytime Posted Image

Just had one in a slow Atlas, reconnecting is so discouraging, it's like your game is completely going to get thrown down the trash or you match score severely lowered. Been having at least one a day... Posted Image

There are many reasons that DC happens but for anyone who is having a field day with DC while there aren't a ton of threads/posts at the same time happening on the forums then the usual culprit is close to the user or enroute. Flush DNS, reboot modem, router then computer. And with cable, check all the connections, loosen then tighten them back up (blushes..) Also try utilizing a couple of VPNs which could potentially reroute the pathing your connection is taking to the servers (authentication and game servers).

#6 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 07:36 PM

Yeah I have disco issues also, just had one that's why I am here lol.
Mine is likely lag related, my Frontiernet DSl is UBERBAD, like, I get 200 ping to a hub 50 miles from my driveway. Usually NA server i fluctuate between 85 and 450 and average 280, so it's playable.... so long as I am playing mediums or bigger. My internet and backstabber light mechs do not get along.

But I am not alone, I see DC's quite often playing in prime time. Sometimes they come back before match start, sometimes not at all. Some REALLY slow "connecting......." at match starts too.

I am willing to bet since PGI put this game effectively in maintenance mode a while back(thats what I gather anyway) the server is probably still the same one from 4 years ago. Or who knows, maybe they downsized because of player pops and we are seeing the results now. Either way it is ultra annoying, not like you can just log back in quick what with the "loading" and then even more loading to enter the match. Pretty rare to have your mech still standing if it happens after a minute or so into the match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users