5 replies to this topic

#1 Fluffy Kitten

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationplanetside

Posted 31 December 2020 - 09:06 PM

so i decided to download this game again, (third time) with a third computer. previous time was also a frustrating mixture of control interface being buggy and another issue altogether.

this time around, a new computer with very new and top of the line hardware, so i thought it being new it may be a bit more easier for the game to recognize stuff.
nope...

first off, the joystick/throttle with keyboard arrangement i tried was quite a disappointment. as the game does not allow to invert axis for much of my hardware. (the throttle slide is fully backwards from any other game i have. and MWO UI will not allow me to invert it. so pushing the throttle forward, moves the mech back. go figure....
much of the other buttons would allow me to bind them, but would not work in game. but some would.
flight stick was much the same issue, would take the joystick twist when binding, but not do it in game.
so i switched to a mouse, fancy steelsteries zillion button mouse. (figured having 6/8 buttons on my two mouse fingers and 5 buttons on my thumb would be great for weapon groups and consumables. the bindings took when setting them up, but they would not work at all in game.

so 4 hours later, with updated drivers, new install, and two new mouses, it is apparent that the key bindings have not been solved since last time i tried playing.

so if anyone has any advice, or direction to where i should look to fix the issue, im all ears.
or if anyone has a good suggestion to a similar game that does not have 7 year old problems like this one.
i can eat the150$ i spent on some mechs and premium time gladly if i can find a game that is not so frustrating to try to get started.

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:00 AM

Dont touch joystick. Mwo is keyboard and mouse u like other mechwarrior titles.

For the mouse, I set up an mwo profile and bound the corresponding keyboard button as an workaround.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 02 January 2021 - 10:02 AM.

#3 Dozer6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 139 posts
  • LocationStripping lasers off my Archer to fit 4 more tons of LRM'S

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:38 AM

I just started playing a few weeks ago, play kbm and just put a logitech 3d pro flightstick on with zero issues.
As a matter of fact was pleasantly surprised with the support for it, ease of binding, and sensitivity settings.

I would check as to the compatability of your stick and mouse with MWO.

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:50 AM

I know of people who use a joystick and throttle setup (and do reasonably well with it). I'm going to guess there may be a compatibility issue between the game and joystick? Look for possible other issues. For example, my brother has a controller for the computer and it started to just not work for most games. Found out there was an input type switch on the bottom of the controller. Flipped the switch to the other setting and it worked on every game again.

As for keyboard and mouse, that is the preferred interface for this game. It's typically more accurate and intuitive. As for the mouse, I work fine with a standard two button (and scroll wheel) mouse. Most mechs you have between 2 to 3 weapon groups. Any more than that tends to be too complex to be effective anymore. For a third weapon group, I changed left shift to be a third weapon grouping, and it works fine for me.

As for your issues with keybindings not saving/working... I've not actually heard of this issue previously. I've got no knowledge on this and can only suggest the basic steps:
- Check to make sure the settings have actually saved. (Easy to back out of your settings and not save the changes.)
- Check interface compatibility/software. If need be, do a google search with key words about your issue.
- Check interface drivers.
- Check interface for additional input options. (As mentioned above.) A google search may reveal this option to you...
- Age of interface device. If it's an older joystick/throttle device, it may just not be viable anymore with newer programs.

Obviously, there are probably more checks you could do, and you've done some/all of these already. But that is about as much as I can assist...

#5 Dozer6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 139 posts
  • LocationStripping lasers off my Archer to fit 4 more tons of LRM'S

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:43 AM

View PostTesunie, on 23 January 2021 - 08:50 AM, said:

I know of people who use a joystick and throttle setup (and do reasonably well with it). I'm going to guess there may be a compatibility issue between the game and joystick? Look for possible other issues. For example, my brother has a controller for the computer and it started to just not work for most games. Found out there was an input type switch on the bottom of the controller. Flipped the switch to the other setting and it worked on every game again.

As for keyboard and mouse, that is the preferred interface for this game. It's typically more accurate and intuitive. As for the mouse, I work fine with a standard two button (and scroll wheel) mouse. Most mechs you have between 2 to 3 weapon groups. Any more than that tends to be too complex to be effective anymore. For a third weapon group, I changed left shift to be a third weapon grouping, and it works fine for me.

As for your issues with keybindings not saving/working... I've not actually heard of this issue previously. I've got no knowledge on this and can only suggest the basic steps:
- Check to make sure the settings have actually saved. (Easy to back out of your settings and not save the changes.)
- Check interface compatibility/software. If need be, do a google search with key words about your issue.
- Check interface for additional input options. (As mentioned above.) A google search may reveal this option to you...
- Age of interface device. If it's an older joystick/throttle device, it may just not be viable anymore with newer programs.

Obviously, there are probably more checks you could do, and you've done some/all of these already. But that is about as much as I can assist...

Exactly what i did lol!! Kept backing out without saving changes like a big dummy lol!!!

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 24 January 2021 - 10:10 AM

View PostDozer6, on 24 January 2021 - 07:43 AM, said:

Exactly what i did lol!! Kept backing out without saving changes like a big dummy lol!!!

Guess why I mentioned that... Been there and done it myself as well. I think everyone has at some point.

Happy that we found the solution! Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users