Nascar Isn't As Bad In My Timezone (Sea), But It's Extreme Late At Night.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 January 2021 - 11:59 PM

I normally don't play past midnight (GMT+8) but I do notice that the later it gets, the more Nascar ramps up. It can catch me by surprise sometimes because the usually slow games escalate quickly and you suddenly have 2 lights, 2 mediums and 2 heavy mechs charging around my usually peaceful corner of the map.

This change usually gets me killed a lot and it takes several games for me to adjust. Given my limited familiarity with how this movement happens in every map and the timing, I ended up switching to an ECM light mech loaded with 2 UAVs and 2 Artillery strikes and I just beeline to our nearest biggest assault mech group.

I noticed that I kept getting caught out in my slower assault so until I figure out how people moved during this time, I decided to give up that assault slot to someone else who might be more familiar with how the game plays during this time. The enemies usually group up a lot here so I liberally use my artillery strikes on them and pop UAVs around corners and chase harassers off the assaults or fire at enemies shooting at them from other angles.

It usually works out better and while my damage is usually just around 300ish in my Cougar with Gauss + 3 ERML, it'll usually turn out more wins and PSR starts to go up again instead of me dying with sub 100 damage in an assault.

Playing assaults during my usual time is fine though and it's what I do to grind back up to T3 if I drop too far down into T4 from derping about. The way I play assaults just doesn't work during US/EU time since the playstyle is drastically different.

I'm not giving advice or anything. I just thought I'd post this observation since I've been playing a little more later into the night lately. I wasn't contributing much in the weight class I picked, so I picked something smaller instead and tried to support the assault mechs. It stopped my 5+ game losing streak and got my PSR back up to a pixel from T3 before I called it a night. Posted Image

Edited by Elizander, 07 January 2021 - 12:00 AM.

#2 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 January 2021 - 03:49 AM

I like Nascar it goes vroom.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 02:51 PM

im in alaska and the best part of the na phase is usually over by the time i get any free time. have a similar problem with fp, unless i free up some time very early in the day i just cant play fp.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users