There R Enough Premades Online For Them To Have Their Own Group Queue

22 replies to this topic

#1 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:02 AM

Seriously, with 1-2 premades in every single match, there's more than enough premades online now for them to have their own group queue again and let pugs face only other pugs.

#2 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:10 AM

I'm not really seeing this as during my time there are many games without premades.

#3 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:17 AM

Not really. Group queue always had such a bad matchmaker that you needed like 3 times the number of teams to fill a match with a combination of teams that adds up to 12 and another 12. Without any "groups of one" in the mix, it was extremely inconsistent to find matching configurations, and unlucky teams could wait for hours with no match.

#4 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:20 AM

View PostElizander, on 09 January 2021 - 11:10 AM, said:

I'm not really seeing this as during my time there are many games without premades.

dear God man... what server and time zone?

View PostGagis, on 09 January 2021 - 11:17 AM, said:

Not really. Group queue always had such a bad matchmaker that you needed like 3 times the number of teams to fill a match with a combination of teams that adds up to 12 and another 12. Without any "groups of one" in the mix, it was extremely inconsistent to find matching configurations, and unlucky teams could wait for hours with no match.

In that case, matchmaker should spend a minimum of 4 minutes to match groups against other groups before filling in any gaps with solo pugs...

Edited by Knight Captain Morgan, 09 January 2021 - 11:20 AM.

#5 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:21 AM

Schrödinger's group players. They only play as a group when there's no group queue.

#6 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:28 AM

View PostGagis, on 09 January 2021 - 11:17 AM, said:

A simple solution is to limit groups to 2 OR 4 players. It helps the MM and stops that whole 12-man vs 3x4-mans that resulted in the queue drying up in the first place. You want big groups, go play FW.

#7 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:37 AM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 09 January 2021 - 11:20 AM, said:

In that case, matchmaker should spend a minimum of 4 minutes to match groups against other groups before filling in any gaps with solo pugs...

That... actually sounds reasonable. Maybe something less than 4 minutes would work just as well, but I kind of like this idea.

#8 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 09 January 2021 - 12:12 PM

True, but there still aren't enough solo pugs willing to join "their queue" to be filler for the times when there's not enough for them to have an active queue. It all boils down to whether or not they can farm pugs on their downtime as practice.

Funny thing, watching some of these group guys try to drop solo. They get so frustrated. Maybe it's time to just let them go with full 12 man premades in QP.

#9 account redo v1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:00 PM

How about, it waits at least 2 minutes to fill all groups, then another 2 minutes if that isn't possible to put a group of 4 on one team and a group of 4 on the other team. Or 2 groups of 2.

Edited by account redo v1, 09 January 2021 - 01:05 PM.

#10 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:26 PM

About half of the groups would disappear if they had to only face other groups even if the pop were large enough. There were groups last night that did good to average 150 damage per player. They only win when they get carried by their pug teammates.

#11 account redo v1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:32 PM

View PostVorpal Puppy, on 09 January 2021 - 01:26 PM, said:

About half of the groups would disappear if they had to only face other groups even if the pop were large enough. There were groups last night that did good to average 150 damage per player. They only win when they get carried by their pug teammates.

I think you are biased towards puppies. Evidenced by your username, mentioning pug, and my suspicion that you may pilot a wolfhound.

I may or may not be biased towards cats.

... and considering saving up for a nova cat.

However, in my defense, the nova cat prime has erLarge hsl +1.
NCT-PRIME

#12 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 09 January 2021 - 02:23 PM

You get that a lot in the new comp group queue. I don't know what's more hilarious, "groups" of four Tier 5 guys that just made a unit and find themselves in the deep end because the MM doesn't care about a group's PSR anything OR the guys that have come to rely on a competent team from years of comp play now being forced to drop solo into the toilet bowl that has always been QP.

The only thing funnier is one ending up against the other.

Edited by Willard Phule, 09 January 2021 - 02:23 PM.

#13 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 04:30 PM

i kind of want to see the one lance rule everywhere. it lets teams play as teams while still allowing the matchmaker to crap load them with t5 pugs and if they are too strong. you can farm but you have to carry. the fp version would allow 3 groups per team instead of one.

View PostGagis, on 09 January 2021 - 11:37 AM, said:

That... actually sounds reasonable. Maybe something less than 4 minutes would work just as well, but I kind of like this idea.

four minute wait times, in qp? nope. just do random at that point, sometimes you are stacked and sometimes its not, at least there is variety and if you die the wait times are low.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 January 2021 - 04:35 PM.

#14 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 January 2021 - 04:41 PM

I usually don't care about pre mades but last night was bad, pretty sure a full group of twelve was dropping as alts.. there was this group and every time they dropped in, one clan badge was at the top of every lance. the rest looked like alt accounts. as the names were similar to the clan tags.

They mopped us up in seconds like a faction war versus pugs, normally stomps happen but not in less than a minute.. they were strangely super coordinated and smashed the pug teams i was on three times.

A few called it out in chat that's what made me notice. I should have took a sceenshot but didn't think to.

Really strange.

Edited by Samial, 09 January 2021 - 05:20 PM.

#15 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 02:54 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 09 January 2021 - 11:21 AM, said:

Schrödinger's group players. They only play as a group when there's no group queue.

indeed

#16 Valec

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:18 PM

View PostSamial, on 09 January 2021 - 04:41 PM, said:

I usually don't care about pre mades but last night was bad, pretty sure a full group of twelve was dropping as alts.. there was this group and every time they dropped in, one clan badge was at the top of every lance. the rest looked like alt accounts. as the names were similar to the clan tags.

They mopped us up in seconds like a faction war versus pugs, normally stomps happen but not in less than a minute.. they were strangely super coordinated and smashed the pug teams i was on three times.

A few called it out in chat that's what made me notice. I should have took a sceenshot but didn't think to.

Really strange.

Max group size for normal queue is 4. They were not dropping a 12 man against you.

Edited by Valec, 11 January 2021 - 01:18 PM.

#17 Zigmund Freud

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:42 PM

This. I'm fine with occasional tryhard pre-made, if it allows me and my scrub friend drop together and play against similar scrubs. Besides, with max 4 people group you rarely get FW level of stomp.

Although I think lowering it to 3 people max would result in more balanced situation for both solo and group players.

#18 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2021 - 03:50 AM

View PostValec, on 11 January 2021 - 01:18 PM, said:

Max group size for normal queue is 4. They were not dropping a 12 man against you.

3 groups of 4?

But ok i thought what people were saying seemed worrisome but as i've been gone 2 years i figured the others knew how the team drops worked so i went with it, if i'm wrong so be it. They were crazy coordinated for pugs then.. like the most coordinated pugs in history..

Edited by Samial, 12 January 2021 - 03:51 AM.

#19 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:15 AM

There can only be one group of 4 per side or a combination of two groups of 2/3.

#20 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 January 2021 - 04:19 AM

Here's another anecdote about groups from today.

I joined a game where the other side had 3 guys with the same tag and it was a bad stomp for my team in Hibernal. Some guy was screaming over all chat about pugstompers and such.

I got those same guys on my team for 2-3 games after that and it was all losses.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users