#81 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:59 AM

View PostImperialKnight, on 15 January 2021 - 02:50 AM, said:

I wish I could manually bump back down to Tier 3. Can PGI transfer my PSR points/experience to people complaining about tiering down? Please?

Put your PSR points on even share and literally carry everyone so they'll complain about T1 instead of T(x).

#82 Cherge

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:10 AM

Posting in yet another thread where people pretend PSR really means "pilot skill rating".

#83 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 05:11 AM

View PostCherge, on 15 January 2021 - 05:10 AM, said:

Posting in yet another thread where people pretend PSR really means "pilot skill rating".

what does it mean then please explain

#84 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:59 AM

View PostSCRAPMETAL99, on 15 January 2021 - 05:11 AM, said:

what does it mean then please explain

It does mean "Pilot Skill Rating" and after the changes last year it's closer to net 0. I'm not sure what Cherge is referring to, maybe before this past Summer when they implemented the PSR changes. Before then "PSR" was just a xp bar. There were more ways to gain PSR than to lose it. So even if you were a very poor player you'd gradually drift upward in spite of your skill (or lack thereof). Now PSR has (nearly) as many ways to lose it as to gain it. So it is more closely related to player skill. The problem though is that PSR only evaluates so many values and it misses a lot of things. Like a LRM player who does lots of damage but never picks off components or positions themselves well can still climb to tier 1.

I think PSR is better than it was. But it's still not perfect. I'm tier 2 right now, and I should never reach tier 1, but I'm still slowly marching in that direction...

#85 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:30 PM

View PostWolfos31, on 15 January 2021 - 11:59 AM, said:

It does mean "Pilot Skill Rating" and after the changes last year it's closer to net 0. I'm not sure what Cherge is referring to, maybe before this past Summer when they implemented the PSR changes. Before then "PSR" was just a xp bar. There were more ways to gain PSR than to lose it. So even if you were a very poor player you'd gradually drift upward in spite of your skill (or lack thereof). Now PSR has (nearly) as many ways to lose it as to gain it. So it is more closely related to player skill. The problem though is that PSR only evaluates so many values and it misses a lot of things. Like a LRM player who does lots of damage but never picks off components or positions themselves well can still climb to tier 1.

I think PSR is better than it was. But it's still not perfect. I'm tier 2 right now, and I should never reach tier 1, but I'm still slowly marching in that direction...

It's a little better. It's keeping me in T3/4 because I just want to derp around half the time and my FPS is utter crap. In the old system I was like 50%-75% to T1.

Edited by Elizander, 15 January 2021 - 02:31 PM.

#86 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 07:28 PM

View PostWolfos31, on 15 January 2021 - 11:59 AM, said:

The problem though is that PSR only evaluates so many values and it misses a lot of things. Like a LRM player who does lots of damage but never picks off components or positions themselves well can still climb to tier 1.

People doing high damage consistently are almost always going to be contributing to match outcomes. LRM boats are not terribly common in the higher tiers because they just aren't consistent. People tend to vote against LRM friendly maps

think PSR is better than it was. But it's still not perfect. I'm tier 2 right now, and I should never reach tier 1, but I'm still slowly marching in that direction...

Three tier spread. I'm not in the top 20% of players, but because the majority of my matches have tier 3s there's always people to farm. Its not as bad since they moved the cadets down to 5 in the December patch though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users