Time To Drop!

9 replies to this topic

#1 adamts01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 10 January 2021 - 05:10 PM

Judging by my post history, it looks like I've been gone about 2 years. Played for about a week per year for a few years before that.

What brought me back? Being able to team up in quick play. Just found out about it. Bringing some friends back with me.

Game is still downloading. Found it funny I'm down from upper tier 1 to 5... How long do I need to club seals to get back? Do tiers still mean Jack **** anyway?

#2 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:41 AM

Club away and find out

they sort of mean a little more than before, sort of

#3 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:41 AM

Tiers still are used for MM. If you're a good player you will club seals for a while until you get back to your real tier level.

#4 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:03 AM

PSR calculations changed and PSR was reset in December for new and inactive players. You can climb back in a couple weeks.

Edit: PSR means more than it used to. It's no longer an experience bar, at least. You have to perform well relative to the other people in the match to improve. It's now true zero sum everywhere except the extreme ends (0 PSR and 5000 PSR).

Edited by Vlad Ward, 11 January 2021 - 10:06 AM.

#5 A PLUMP BABY SEAL

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIn the verse

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:03 AM

View Postadamts01, on 10 January 2021 - 05:10 PM, said:

How long do I need to club seals to get back? Do tiers still mean Jack **** anyway?

View PostHazeclaw, on 11 January 2021 - 09:41 AM, said:

Club away and find out

Why do y'all have to be so cruel??? Drop your clubs and pick up PPCs at least!

#6 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,700 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:30 AM

View Postadamts01, on 10 January 2021 - 05:10 PM, said:

What brought me back? Being able to team up in quick play. Just found out about it. Bringing some friends back with me.

Game is still downloading. Found it funny I'm down from upper tier 1 to 5... How long do I need to club seals to get back? Do tiers still mean Jack **** anyway?

With the help of your group you can farm those PUGs easily ...

I would say that you will be in Tier 1 in a week or two.

#7 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:34 AM

View PostA PLUMP BABY SEAL, on 12 January 2021 - 11:03 AM, said:

Why do y'all have to be so cruel??? Drop your clubs and pick up PPCs at least!

you may look all cute and fluffy, but we all know those little whiskers are covered with fish and penguin blood whenever nobody's looking

#8 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 January 2021 - 08:49 PM

Update: Tier 3 now. Not sure how long it's been. Everything starts to blend together after nascar after nascar....

Backstory: I went from a whale to basically gone after the light nerf (resize). 1 or two weeks a year or so, just to keep up. Last two years haven't logged on. The ability to group up and actually fins a match brought me back.

Good:

Better communication.
Stable game
Everyone kind of knows what to do by now
People are mostly chill.
Weapons feel like they're in a pretty good place
I love brawling, and it's finally viable. Not just whack-a-mech
Nascar is much less intense that it used to be.
Last but not least, being able to group up in quick play. Group que dying was the end of MWO for me. I lost my light mechs, and when group que died there was just nothing.

Cons:

OMG, useless LRM assaults are still begging for locks, not sharing armor
There's 1 new map. A snow map with little volcanos. It's alright. Need more
The same fights still happen in the same way at the same places.
A quirk balance pass would do wonders. So many useless mechs...

Sadly, I don't see myself sticking around. There needs to be some sort of randomization. Something like domination with random circles. Anything to break up the same old fights. Literally, years of the same fights. I've been back for 3 days or so and I'm already bored.

Anyway, I'll be around some evenings. Work is slowing down and I actually have a little time to have fun. Finally. Literally haven't had a single day off in half a year. Only shot 2 deer this year. My jeep is still missing a wiring harness. Zero time. Ready to pew pew

#9 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 January 2021 - 12:02 AM

View Postadamts01, on 16 January 2021 - 08:49 PM, said:

Sadly, I don't see myself sticking around. There needs to be some sort of randomization. Something like domination with random circles. Anything to break up the same old fights. Literally, years of the same fights. I've been back for 3 days or so and I'm already bored.

Maybe not entirely random, but modes having 3 or so different sets of spawn points might be good.to mix things up.

#10 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 January 2021 - 06:12 AM

View PostElizander, on 17 January 2021 - 12:02 AM, said:

Maybe not entirely random, but modes having 3 or so different sets of spawn points might be good.to mix things up.

Yeah. That should be a cheap fix too. It's unrealistic to get new maps and such. There just needs to be some sort of variety added.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users