20 replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:36 AM

My orion was almost a goner and all I had left was a UAC/10. A battlemaster was climbing up the hill on caustic and I was trading shots with it when it shut down. I was just mindlessly blasting its RT, but then a friendly mech moved forward and block that area and I moved my crosshairs a little to the left so I wouldn't hit my ally. Fired some shots and he went down from a headshot that wasn't even intentional. Posted Image

Thanks to my shot-blocking teammate, I guess. Posted Image

#2 selfish shellfish

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:55 AM

I once headshot a Cicada with AC20 when it peaked a hill. It was 100% luck at a distance of ~200 meters. The Cicada pilot wrote in the chat "That's bull***t!" and disconnected. Posted Image

#3 YueFei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:58 AM

I once ate a dual-gauss headshot at the start of a match on Alpine. Died having never even fired my weapons. It was a nice shot!

My own fault for pausing at the crest of the hill when I peeked. Instead I should've been moving diagonally, doing a parabolic arc up and back down the hill, that would've at least forced the shooter to lead the shot, preventing perfect convergence on the head hitbox, making it so that I would only take 1 gauss slug to the head at most.

#4 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, getting a headshot with anything but dual heavy gauss always feels like luck to me. Easiest mechs to headshot seem to be Marauder IIC and Stalker, but I am no expert.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:12 AM

best way to farm headshots is in solaris, take something with a 40+ damage ppfld, like a quad ac10 annihilator. take good aim and fire once.

only headshot i think i got in game actual that i actually went for was against a wolverine that shut down in front of me. and i got tons of accidental headshots, usually from mechs who keep their cockpit dead center on the torso (timbies, dires, warhawks, adders, etc).

Edited by LordNothing, 13 January 2021 - 06:14 AM.

#6 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:26 AM

Only headshots I've ever gotten have been accidental. Once in a great great while you'll run across someone who stands still long enough to line up a try for one, but it's rare.

#7 Dr Cara Carcass

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 12:05 PM

View PostElizander, on 11 January 2021 - 07:36 AM, said:

My orion was almost a goner and all I had left was a UAC/10. A battlemaster was climbing up the hill on caustic and I was trading shots with it when it shut down. I was just mindlessly blasting its RT, but then a friendly mech moved forward and block that area and I moved my crosshairs a little to the left so I wouldn't hit my ally. Fired some shots and he went down from a headshot that wasn't even intentional. Posted Image

Thanks to my shot-blocking teammate, I guess. Posted Image

Well 999 to go.

View PostVorpal Puppy, on 12 January 2021 - 06:15 PM, said:

Yeah, getting a headshot with anything but dual heavy gauss always feels like luck to me. Easiest mechs to headshot seem to be Marauder IIC and Stalker, but I am no expert.

Nah i "reliably" get a headdy every 2-3 matches if i really want to look for opportunities against peaking enemys.

#8 Spetulhu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 01:43 PM

I was hoping for a headshot for the Event and actually got my first today since I was trying. Ran after an enemy light in my Wolfhound and as it turned to fight me it stood totally still. Full alpha strike to the head and down it went.

Yeah, more luck than anything.

#9 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:02 PM

I wasn't making any effort to get a headshot because I can't aim for buggery, but I somehow got three in the space of two games.

The only conclusion to draw is that I was hacking.

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:30 PM

they aren't hard to get if you are actively trying for them. that said a lot of mine are accidental, many are against shut down mechs.

#11 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 03 November 2021 - 06:41 PM

Good job.

Already did better than Thor in Infinity War lol.

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 09:12 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 03 November 2021 - 06:02 PM, said:

I wasn't making any effort to get a headshot because I can't aim for buggery, but I somehow got three in the space of two games.

The only conclusion to draw is that I was hacking.

View PostSpetulhu, on 03 November 2021 - 01:43 PM, said:

I was hoping for a headshot for the Event and actually got my first today since I was trying. Ran after an enemy light in my Wolfhound and as it turned to fight me it stood totally still. Full alpha strike to the head and down it went.

Yeah, more luck than anything.

Congrats! Posted Image

Enjoy your 'Mech decals.

Edited by martian, 04 November 2021 - 12:15 PM.

#13 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 November 2021 - 08:28 AM

Long-long time ago when the Atlas eyes glowed, I headshot one from across the the map at the start of a match with a double gauss/PPC... Ah, the good ol' days. Posted Image

#14 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 09:43 AM

View PostDaZur, on 04 November 2021 - 08:28 AM, said:

Long-long time ago when the Atlas eyes glowed, I headshot one from across the the map at the start of a match with a double gauss/PPC... Ah, the good ol' days. Posted Image

Atlas eyes glow again - with the right add-on.Posted Image

#15 blastedmast3R

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 27 posts
  • LocationConroe, TX

Posted 11 November 2021 - 02:00 PM

Yes! I had my first one a week or so ago. Completely by accident. I was running my Warhammer with 2 snub peeps, and 2 light peeps. I was in a bad spot on Frozen City, in the death bowl, and I needed to get to high ground. I was getting pushed by this LRM Catapult, and as he was loading up on me, I spun on him, aimed center torso, and let fly. Achievement bells sounded, popups almost made me run into a structure, and angels sang. I was hyped. Then I got overrun and died 30 seconds later... :D

View Postmartian, on 06 November 2021 - 09:43 AM, said:

Atlas eyes glow again - with the right add-on.Posted Image

I have no mods, but I saw an Atlas with glowing eyes yesterday...

#16 Alstren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNext door to PGI's North American server room

Posted 28 November 2021 - 05:46 PM

Did it in an AC20 Urbi once Posted Image

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 12:03 PM

View Postblastedmast3R, on 11 November 2021 - 02:00 PM, said:

I have no mods, but I saw an Atlas with glowing eyes yesterday...

Just buy it for MCs.

#18 Armsracer

• PipPip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 01:50 PM

My first headshot was in a shadow hawk. I was on rubric oasis fighting an Archer in a 1 on 1 and losing. The only way out was to take out the pilot. The Archer overheated and I remembered where the cockpit was after firing a couple shots to the lasers ontop. Right in the middle is where the cockpit is. And I fired my 2 LBX 2s watching the sensors carefully for confirmed hits to the head staying on him till he went down. I got lucky that he didn't override and I was facing something I was familiar with.

Edited by Armsracer, 01 December 2021 - 01:55 PM.

#19 Nondescript Machine

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 03:17 PM

I was running a dual HLL derp build on my adder once and had a LRM Novacat shut down in front of me. Normally I wouldn't think to headshot, but this was during that event that had a reword for headshotting, so I basically said "welp don't mind if I do"
I felt a little bad for the guy but then again, he was in an LRM Novacat

Edited by Nondescript Machine, 01 December 2021 - 03:17 PM.

#20 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 01 December 2021 - 04:50 PM

HMM i have got a head shot in awhile, but remmeber the first one in POP up a little headshot and pointed at the killed mech, and now i have to go look at how many i have, and that is 23 total, thinking maybe 5 i aimed at, i remmeber seeing guys drop just poking there head over a hill, and i hit them with clan large lazers, was maybe 5.
HEATSHOTS are very hard, and knowing were to shoot, is probally worth a doctor degree, the atlas is there left eye, or just below it, LOL 800 more mechs to go LOL.

SAWK -- PS I think i got most headshots with dual GAUSS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users