Change Loadout For Different Maps

17 replies to this topic

#1 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:05 AM

im not talking different mechs or even different variants im just saying we should be able to change the loadout of the same mech/variant for different maps close/long we are able to choose which drop deck we want to use in faction why cant we choose what loadout im not talkingabout ppl sittingthere for n hour fn around either presaved loadouts we can allready save the templates in mechlab all it would be is a matter of is having a drop menu so we can load up a variant we have presaved itwould be a lot less dissheartening tohave a shortrange build in say polar highlands as we could instantlychange it and before anyone has any cheacky troll statements there is noway in hell any army in the world would send in troops ill equiped to any battlefield i mean how many snipe rrifles have you seen indoors clearing room by room very few right as most guys would have shotguns and mp5s or similar likewise howmany shotguns and mp5swouldyousee in an open battlefield why isit that we have thisissue on a game

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:14 AM

quickplay was just supposed to be an introductory practice mode where you can do a bunch of quick drops and learn to run around in a mech and move together with other mechs, get the fundamentals down

then you were supposed to move onto faction play where you select loadouts/mechs for maps/modes

for various reasons most people chose to never get past the tutorial mode

#3 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:42 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 11 January 2021 - 11:14 AM, said:

quickplay was just supposed to be an introductory practice mode where you can do a bunch of quick drops and learn to run around in a mech and move together with other mechs, get the fundamentals down

then you were supposed to move onto faction play where you select loadouts/mechs for maps/modes

yh i would play more faction but im not 1 to wait half hour for amatch i do try tochecj the numbers though and jump in when its got players but yh

#4 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:41 PM

View PostSCRAPMETAL99, on 11 January 2021 - 11:42 AM, said:

yh i would play more faction but im not 1 to wait half hour for amatch i do try tochecj the numbers though and jump in when its got players but yh

This. Sitting in faction queue was a lot of wasted time doing nothing.

#5 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:23 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 11 January 2021 - 11:14 AM, said:

maybe because faction play was an absolute joke and you can't force teamplay?

Solos vs 12mans was SO MUCH fun right?

Edited by Bigbacon, 11 January 2021 - 01:24 PM.

#6 Valec

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 01:37 PM

People would have moved to FP if it wasn't garbage.

But it is.

#7 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:27 PM

prioritization of groups over solos in FP que makes wait times for solos bad, really not bad at all when grouped

problem is pgi intended this to be a team game, and most players don't want to be in a team and would rather solo drop, so that didn't work out so well

View PostBigbacon, on 11 January 2021 - 01:23 PM, said:

maybe because faction play was an absolute joke and you can't force teamplay?

Solos vs 12mans was SO MUCH fun right?

Vast majority of drops are not solos vs 12mans but more like 4man+3man+2man+3solos vs 6man+2man+4solos, the difference in individual skill and who's attack/defending also makes a large difference, but keep repeating the same bs about how fp drops are 12mans vs solos people that only dropped solo have been repeating for years. If you never drop in a group, you never see the groups vs groups drops which are happening all the time, because there are only a few solo slots in those drops if any at all

View PostValec, on 11 January 2021 - 01:37 PM, said:

People would have moved to FP if it wasn't garbage.

But it is.

it's no more garbage than qp: waaayy more effective playstyles/mechs/builds, selecting mechs to map/mode, no nascar, much more interesting team dynamic movements and tactics, much higher chance to pull a match back even if you mess up at the start

but alas, FP does encourage players to group and coordinate, it takes too long for solos to que, the matches are 25 minutes instead of 5 minutes, which is apparently too long for many, and most players are garbage so they would rather run circles around the middle using the same high speed, high dps medium to short range mechs on all maps/modes in the tutorial game mode and complain about nascar/bad team/bad map for my mech/etc

#8 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:35 PM

PGI were supposed to have fixed the FP queue problem for solo/duo players; if memory serves, you should be able to be bumped once by a premade, but then get an auto in the next drop. Sadly, that doesn't happen so solo new players to FP don't get to drop with smaller more experienced groups, don't get to learn better team tactics and don't get the opportunity to show case their potential because the pre-mades are still kicking solo players out of FP . . . in a way, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy in that solo players believe they will not get a drop so don't even try . . .

In its day, PL and IDI were dropping up to 4 teams with extras all through the weekend and the bigger units even more so. It is sad to see what FP has become when it should be the vanguard mode :(

#9 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:00 PM

View PostPeppaPig, on 11 January 2021 - 02:35 PM, said:

In its day, PL and IDI were dropping up to 4 teams with extras all through the weekend and the bigger units even more so. It is sad to see what FP has become when it should be the vanguard mode Posted Image

population is not a problem unique to fp, this is felt in comp, in fp, in qp, in solaris (lol)

MWO is an old game, that wasn't really huge to begin with, and the developer has done very little over time to retain players and bring new ones in. So.....enjoy while it lasts I guess :)

when I try qp the people who end up in my drops have no business being in them, the MM is doing its best to put together games, but with such a small number of remaining players the skill gap is ever growing. I'm not even that good and completely out of practice, I should not be able to do this in a "tier 1" drop:

Posted Image

#10 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:46 AM

I still think drop decks in quick play would fix a ton of issues.

#11 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:40 AM

View PostSamial, on 12 January 2021 - 07:46 AM, said:

I still think drop decks in quick play would fix a ton of issues.

ONLYPROBLEM WITH THAT IS IFYOU HAVE DIFFERENTWIEGHTMECHS ITWOULDCHANGE THEOVERALLDROPWIEGHT N YH YOUCOULD SEETHESH*T SHOW

#12 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:52 AM

I guess people want a guaranteed lurm shitshow on Polar instead of just a probable one. This is another case of people not understanding the consequences of what they are advocating for.

Edited by Spheroid, 12 January 2021 - 09:57 AM.

#13 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:59 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 12 January 2021 - 09:52 AM, said:

I guess people want a guaranteed lurm shitshow on Polar instead of just a probable one. This is another case of people not understanding the consequences of what they are advocating for.

MAYBY MAKE IT SO YOU PAY MC OR COIN TO DO PLUS 2 LOADOUTPER MECH AND ALSO ALOT OF MECHS DONT HAVE MISSILE POINTS LIK I SAIDSAME MECHSAME VARIENT ONLYTHE LOAD OUT CHANGES

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:33 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 11 January 2021 - 02:35 PM, said:

PGI were supposed to have fixed the FP queue problem for solo/duo players; if memory serves, you should be able to be bumped once by a premade, but then get an auto in the next drop. Sadly, that doesn't happen so solo new players to FP don't get to drop with smaller more experienced groups, don't get to learn better team tactics and don't get the opportunity to show case their potential because the pre-mades are still kicking solo players out of FP . . . in a way, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy in that solo players believe they will not get a drop so don't even try . . .

In its day, PL and IDI were dropping up to 4 teams with extras all through the weekend and the bigger units even more so. It is sad to see what FP has become when it should be the vanguard mode Posted Image

if we would have had the fp machmaker circa phase 1 or 2, it might have caught on better. doing it now is more of a why bother. also it seems every time they change faction play it dies again, so its not like its been very conductive to upgrades. the people who play it just dont want change.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 January 2021 - 06:36 AM.

#15 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 03:39 AM

View PostSCRAPMETAL99, on 12 January 2021 - 09:59 AM, said:

MAYBY MAKE IT SO YOU PAY MC OR COIN TO DO PLUS 2 LOADOUTPER MECH AND ALSO ALOT OF MECHS DONT HAVE MISSILE POINTS LIK I SAIDSAME MECHSAME VARIENT ONLYTHE LOAD OUT CHANGES

please don't go all CAPS. It's considered rude and also very hard to read.

#16 SCRAPMETAL99

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:54 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 15 January 2021 - 03:39 AM, said:

please don't go all CAPS. It's considered rude and also very hard to read.

had caps on an didntrealise i wasnt about to rewrite the whole thing either

#17 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 06:05 AM

I wouldn't want this. Sure you could theoretically get the best mech for the map, but it's going to lead to loadouts being even more specialized than they are now. This means more expense as a single mech would need to have multiple loadouts saved for different scenarios. A warhammer on Alpine would be a bunch of PPCs while on Solaris would be a laservomit.

This is going to make the game even harder to pick up for new players and it also takes away the challenge of working with a build across all maps.

#18 M R T

• PipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:31 AM

View PostSpheroid, on 12 January 2021 - 09:52 AM, said:

It's a fallacy to believe that everyone would pick a lurmer when polar shows up. But I would pick a better loadout suited to the map if I feel I would contribute more that way or have more fun. Its not fun to be stuck with a bad loadout on a map where you can't utilize it. If anything this would contribute to more fun and less yolo/suicide behavior.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users