Whelp. Nascar Killed The Game For Me. Bye

154 replies to this topic

#81 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:42 PM

View PostSamial, on 22 January 2021 - 09:48 PM, said:

Vulcans don't have the lag shield that lights do.. Mediums as a whole are far inferior to all other classes in MWO, sure you can cherry pick but mediums are the least played mechs.. for a reason.

Try using a vulcan against a Piranha.

piranha is one of the easiest mechs to kill in the game, as an offset it has a lot of knife range firepower

#82 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:58 PM

Nascaring is not the issue.
The true issue the assaults and heavies trying to follow the lights.
Stop that you are not going to keep pace with them.
Instead form up and kill those enemy lights who will inevitably be on your arses.
I thoroughly enjoyed slaughtering the Pee Pee hawk kill team that thought they had some easy marks.
Thanks guys whoever you were it was wonderful.

#83 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 05:45 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 22 January 2021 - 10:42 PM, said:

piranha is one of the easiest mechs to kill in the game, as an offset it has a lot of knife range firepower

Yup it's a glass canon but damn if one get behind you can get cored out in a few seconds. Also when fighting Vulcan aim for the legs once it's legged it becomes an easy kill

Edited by SirSmokes, 23 January 2021 - 06:43 AM.

#84 Lousyten

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:15 AM

mediums are the least played mechs

Is this true?

#85 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:29 AM

No, lights are the least played class.

Also imagine saying mediums are weak when the Vulcan and Veagle are running around dominating matches regularly.

#86 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:31 AM

View PostBlaizerP, on 23 January 2021 - 08:29 AM, said:

No, lights are the least played class.

Also imagine saying mediums are weak when the Vulcan and Veagle are running around dominating matches regularly.

And there are medium in 40 tonnage range that kind of over grown lights in profile and speed but more armor and weapons

#87 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:57 AM

View PostVlad Ward, on 22 January 2021 - 11:20 AM, said:

Nah man you don't understand, any time two or more T5s use the group feature they combine and transform into T1 Premade-Voltron

They actually do, they just work for the other team now.

#88 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 01:17 PM

View PostLou Tenant, on 23 January 2021 - 07:15 AM, said:

Is this true?

No,

Lights are the least played class. Heavies are the most played class.

#89 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 01:54 PM

Actually on NA Lights are least played, most played changes between the other 3 usually no Mediums though in rare times it can be.

#90 evil kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:40 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 16 January 2021 - 10:56 AM, said:

yes, yes, lets make the weakest class in the game even weaker

lights are one of the stronger classes in the game, your just playing them wrong.

#91 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:50 PM

View Postevilelrond, on 23 January 2021 - 02:40 PM, said:

lights are one of the stronger classes in the game, your just playing them wrong.

is that so? You seem to be an expert on how I play lights, please tell me what I'm doing wrong :)

#92 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:54 PM

View Postevilelrond, on 23 January 2021 - 02:40 PM, said:

I think the disconnect is that piloting lights is harder then the other classes and if you make mistakes you are punished much more harshly. But no the hand someone who knows how to use them they are strong. You need too know maps really well and know were to go and were not to go. And you need to know when best time to attack is and when to fall back out of a fight. Yea need to under stand how to do hit and run really will. It just takes more time to learn how to play them to there full potential. IS light have a huge advantage vs a lot clan lights thought. IS light can take stealth armor and to be honest lights are the class that can make the best use of it

Edited by SirSmokes, 23 January 2021 - 02:56 PM.

#93 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:09 PM

Vulcans don't have the lag shield that lights do.. Mediums as a whole are far inferior to all other classes in MWO, sure you can cherry pick but mediums are the least played mechs.. for a reason.

Try using a vulcan against a Piranha.

The servers aren't perfect, but when there is an issue it isn't light specific. Its more of hits just don't register which effects everything, or its the mech is desynced so while a light might not take damage, a bigger mech will but not where it was supposed to. And having a shot hit the fresh arm of an assault when it was supposed to be the open ct isn't very helpful.
But if you record and check closely you can see that lag shield is often times just missing or at least not hitting the exact point that you think you are. Often caused by good hitbox geometry, speed, and agility. The Piranha is smaller, has much better decel, and typically faster than the Vulcan, but the Vulcan has very good hitboxes and in most cases better accel/turn/twist rate than the Piranha. The Vulcan of course also has much more armor/internals and can have jump jets.
And I have used a Vulcan vs a Piranha, it works fine.

And you don't have to cherry pick mediums to find good ones. I picked the Vulcan because its a very good medium that plays like a light, but there are others like the Assassin and Phoenix Hawk. Also plenty of good mediums that don't play like lights, like the Vapor Eagle which is really good at multiple styles of play.

And where was it said mediums were the least used class? Last I heard lights were the least used, lowest scoring class.

#94 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:15 PM

View Postdario03, on 23 January 2021 - 03:09 PM, said:

The servers aren't perfect, but when there is an issue it isn't light specific. Its more of hits just don't register which effects everything, or its the mech is desynced so while a light might not take damage, a bigger mech will but not where it was supposed to. And having a shot hit the fresh arm of an assault when it was supposed to be the open ct isn't very helpful.
But if you record and check closely you can see that lag shield is often times just missing or at least not hitting the exact point that you think you are. Often caused by good hitbox geometry, speed, and agility. The Piranha is smaller, has much better decel, and typically faster than the Vulcan, but the Vulcan has very good hitboxes and in most cases better accel/turn/twist rate than the Piranha. The Vulcan of course also has much more armor/internals and can have jump jets.
And I have used a Vulcan vs a Piranha, it works fine.

And you don't have to cherry pick mediums to find good ones. I picked the Vulcan because its a very good medium that plays like a light, but there are others like the Assassin and Phoenix Hawk. Also plenty of good mediums that don't play like lights, like the Vapor Eagle which is really good at multiple styles of play.

And where was it said mediums were the least used class? Last I heard lights were the least used, lowest scoring class.

Like I said before in that fight piranha should be looking to quickly leg the vulcan and piranha has fire power to do it. Once it legged the piranha can just take off and leave it then maybe come back later or try to finish it of right then and there and crippled vulcan is easy kill

Edited by SirSmokes, 23 January 2021 - 03:16 PM.

#95 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:34 PM

View PostSirSmokes, on 23 January 2021 - 03:15 PM, said:

Like I said before in that fight piranha should be looking to quickly leg the vulcan and piranha has fire power to do it. Once it legged the piranha can just take off and leave it then maybe come back later or try to finish it of right then and there and crippled vulcan is easy kill

You can try that, and if everything goes good for the Piranha it will work. But if everything goes good for the Vulcan it could just one shot the Piranha's leg before the Piranha is in optimal range. Depending on armor distribution and skill tree the Vulcan can also one shot a Piranha's side torso.

#96 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:39 PM

View Postdario03, on 23 January 2021 - 03:34 PM, said:

You can try that, and if everything goes good for the Piranha it will work. But if everything goes good for the Vulcan it could just one shot the Piranha's leg before the Piranha is in optimal range. Depending on armor distribution and skill tree the Vulcan can also one shot a Piranha's side torso.

It is the easy way to kill the vulcan if it comes down to the fight for the piranha but piranha is a glass canon. It needs element of surprise were if can come it fast and use it stupid high damage for 20 tonner to rip something off a mech then take off

Edited by SirSmokes, 23 January 2021 - 03:40 PM.

#97 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:05 PM

View PostSirSmokes, on 23 January 2021 - 03:39 PM, said:

It is the easy way to kill the vulcan if it comes down to the fight for the piranha but piranha is a glass canon. It needs element of surprise were if can come it fast and use it stupid high damage for 20 tonner to rip something off a mech then take off

The post I was responding to makes it sound like the Piranha is much better and would for sure win that fight. And yeah, like I said, it could work if everything goes right for the Piranha. But I don't see that as a for sure Piranha win because the Vulcan has many advantages. And if we are assuming optimal play for the Piranha then we can assume optimal play for the Vulcan. So the Vulcan-5T for instance could use the 30dmg alpha of a typical 5mpl build to one shot the glass leg of a Piranha-2 from about 290m without any range skills. And even with range skills, micro/spl Piranha builds do almost no damage at 290m. Or the Vulcan could 2 shot a leg from further out.

Edited by dario03, 23 January 2021 - 04:27 PM.

#98 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:24 PM

View Postdario03, on 23 January 2021 - 04:05 PM, said:

The post I was responding to makes it sound like the Piranha is much better and would for sure win that fight. And yeah, like I said, it could work if everything goes right for the Piranha. But I don't see that as a for sure Piranha win because the Vulcan has many advantages. And if we are assuming optimal play for the Piranha then we can assume optimal play for the Vulcan. So the Vulcan-5T for instance could use the 30dmg alpha of a typical 5mpl build to one shot the glass leg of a Piranha-2 from about 290m without any range skills. And even with range skills, micro/spl/mg Piranha builds do almost no damage at 290m. Or the Vulcan could 2 shot a leg from further out.

?All I was talking about was what the piranha best option is in that fight. Not sure why you are comparing 20 and 40 ton mechs directly to each other

Edited by SirSmokes, 23 January 2021 - 04:25 PM.

#99 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:26 PM

View PostSirSmokes, on 23 January 2021 - 04:24 PM, said:

?All I was talking about was what the piranha best option is in that fight. Not sure why you are comparing 20 and 40 ton men directly to each other

They do kinda occupy a similar role in terms of being small skinny fast anklebiters. 40-ton mediums are just honorary lights.

#100 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:45 PM

View PostSirSmokes, on 23 January 2021 - 04:24 PM, said:

?All I was talking about was what the piranha best option is in that fight. Not sure why you are comparing 20 and 40 ton mechs directly to each other

My post that you quoted, had a quote from someone else that compares them. The other poster implies that the Vulcan would for sure lose. I disagreed with him.
Your suggestion of how to fight a Vulcan in a Piranha is fine. I provided an example of how to use the Vulcan to fight a Piranha.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users