The Match Maker Needs To Be More Fair.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Marikhen

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:42 PM

I've played this game for around three years now, and the last 6-9 months has simply been exhausting me. It's no longer fun for me in any net sense. Every win is followed by the thought of, "Great, I got my win, now how many more losses before I'm given my next win."

And make no mistake, it really does feel like I'm given wins. They almost never feel earned, and the only time anything feels "earned" is when I'm one of the last people to die in a stomp. That's not the sort of "earned" that I take pleasure in.

I'll freely admit that I have some psych. issues such as being borderline neurotic about not wanting to stop playing on a loss. To that extent I've played 8 matches, going well past the time I really should have gone to bed, in order to not quit on a loss. At the same time though I shouldn't see loosing streaks like that. I shouldn't log into the game when I have enough time to play 4-5 rounds, win my first match, and have to decide whether or not to quit after the first game because I know, I don't think but flat out know, that I'm more likely to lose the next 4 matches than I am to win any of them.

That's not fun.

I'm a decent player. Not a good player, not a great player, and I'm prone to playing builds that I want to play for fun to make the game more enjoyable rather than dialing in on whatever is "meta" at the moment and playing like someone whose k/d ratio is all that matters. At the same time I'm not so horrible a player that when properly matched up I should win a third of my games or fewer.

I've read responses to my sorts of comments such as, "Well if you'd just learn to play better." To them I say sod off. That's not helpful. I've been playing long enough that I'm not going to get substantially better. On top of that why would I want to get better when being "promoted" into Tier 1 apparently means that queue times start getting absurdly long?

I'm done with the game, and my parting suggestion is simply this.

Please make the match making system more fair so that you don't lose more people.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:01 PM

View PostMarikhen, on 16 January 2021 - 03:42 PM, said:

Please make the match making system more fair so that you don't lose more people.

Paul Inouye promised the MWO players the open discussion regarding the PSR and the matchmaker in July 2019.

The fact, that he has ignored this forum ever since, should serve as the clear indicator how much PGI cares about your suggestions or opinions.

#3 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 12:41 PM

I mean yeah there are some screwy match ups but its not exactly something they can do with the match maker to fix that. The population is just too low. Now I have rarely been on the losing end of as much as 8 but I have been there where the match maker decided it was a fair fight to put 580t up against 845. Honestly though the game was built with group play in mind as opposed to solo. Use that lfg button find some people you mesh with and you will see your win loss ratio improve.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users