Should Spots Be Reserved For Solo Players In The Queue?

63 replies to this topic

Poll: Should spots be reserved for solo players in the queue? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Should spots be reserved for solo players in the queue?

1. Yes! Four spots (11 votes [28.95%])

Percentage of vote: 28.95%

2. Yes, but only two. (3 votes [7.89%])

Percentage of vote: 7.89%

3. No! (24 votes [63.16%])

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:42 AM

PGI has made it very easy for solos to getting into FP games.

By watching the queue numbers, you can generally tell which side needs players and which side has a premade. Simply queue up on the 'seal team' and you will get a game against the 'clubbers' in short order.

In the odd case that there are two 12 mans, you will have to wait for one additional match until some of the clubbers on the losing team rage quit. This will free up room for more solos to get into a game.

#42 -Mean Machine Angel-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:53 PM

WTF is solo typing anyway.Its like some kind of abortion escaped the bucket and somehow lived and now types madness on the MWO forums

Edited by Priests and Cannibals, 22 January 2021 - 01:53 PM.

#43 The pessimistic optimist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 04:35 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 19 January 2021 - 12:15 PM, said:

Why not get in touch with active groups? Rly i dont understand why so many mwo players stick to solo in a mp title. U dont even need to join a unit. Just don't be the special snowflake and u will get in teams asap.

On topic. Biiiiiig no. Mm time will go up and quality will decrease. If u want to learn from the groups get in touch with the groups.

This is why PGI need to fix there social system. Make it easy to find groups in game with out third party programs like discord

#44 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 03:05 AM

At the current point programming a proper social tab is unrealistic (to much work/cost). Best we can hope for is an official discord.

But pgi and social media...

#45 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 03:53 AM

i dont think there are very many true 12 mans left out there. very few units can field 12, they often need to team up with another unit. or grab some pugs, either those in queue or those who get on the teamspeak servers or whatever the hell they use nowadays. the most reasonable thing to do is look how fp is actually played, be honest about it. dont just call it a team game, because every mode is team oriented. the only one that isnt is 1v1 solaris, which is mostly dead. so most pugs do want to play as a team. and dont come down on the people who actually want unit on unit play, because they are the backbone of the damn mode. pugs aren't going to go through the trouble to join units if they aren't having a good time. pgi isnt going to solve this problem, no draconian measure they could enforce would work without driving away a portion of the already slim player base. if anyone is fixing fp, its got to be the community.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 January 2021 - 03:54 AM.

#46 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 04:44 AM

View PostPriests and Cannibals, on 22 January 2021 - 01:53 PM, said:

[redacted]

So how did you crawl out the bucket?

Do you own Faction?

Didn't think so

Madness! Only coming from you

I had a good suggestion

But you had no content

rather unsuprising coming from you really

Your track record for constructive verbage on in this thread is bad

So what ever

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 10 February 2021 - 04:02 AM.
quote cleanup

#47 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:08 AM

View PostGeneral Solo, on 25 January 2021 - 04:44 AM, said:

So how did you crawl out the bucket?

Do you own Faction?

Didn't think so

Madness! Only coming from you

I had a good suggestion

But you had no content

rather unsuprising coming from you really

Your track record for constructive verbage on in this thread is bad

So what ever

Your

suggestion

was

garbage

and

would

be

unpopular

with

most

people

who

play

FP

You

would

know

this

if

you

actually

played

the

mode

#48 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:38 PM

Well if you were me maybe your mode would be more viable
How long your cult been dominating discourse
Yet look at the results

Even infected solo queue with merge
That kind of thinking Posted Image

Edited by General Solo, 25 January 2021 - 09:40 PM.

#49 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:55 PM

View PostGeneral Solo, on 25 January 2021 - 09:38 PM, said:

Well if you were me maybe your mode would be more viable
How long your cult been dominating discourse
Yet look at the results

Even infected solo queue with merge
That kind of thinking Posted Image

what cult? nobody's been dominating anything, pgi has made a series of unpopular decisions that resulted in a loss of players in all categories of the game, groups in solo que is one of them

faction play was nuked from orbit, the fact that when I usually log in there is enough players in the que to make 2 drops simultaneously every 2 minutes is a freaking miracle for such a small audience

#50 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 01:23 AM

Too complicated for PGI to implement, leave it as it is.

You need someone, just hit up the IS/Clan Chat, LFG or the various MWO Discord servers. Most players shouldn't even be soloing Faction though, so if you want to worsen your experience, don't come crying when you get roflstomped.

#51 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 06:55 AM

I dunno.

Spots for solo players may encourage people to play FP. But you should at least try to play in stable team. If not, you're missing the point of faction imo.

Current system in theory should encourage people to drop at least 2-man.

Other option: ban solos from playing FP. Do like at least 2-man drop required.

This system in theory should encourage people to drop at least 2-man.

What encourage people?

I dunno

#52 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 09:34 AM

What encourage people to play it?

Make it more worth in CBills and XP.

And no, dont reserve a space for solos. Its a group game mode and if you get skipped its only your fault because you are to lazy to join a group.

#53 Breidr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 107 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 02 February 2021 - 12:49 PM

What of we introduced something like scouting back in, without all the bonus ********? I loved scouting back in the day, even though it was flawed. You have your "group" mode, throw your solos a mode too. 4v4 is just an idea, but that *should* be feasible to fill out with solos.

I really just want more solo/lance friendly modes since I enjoy playing in smaller, tight knit groups, and when my RL friends aren't online I drop solo.

#54 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 01:44 PM

View PostBreidr Breidsson, on 02 February 2021 - 12:49 PM, said:

What of we introduced something like scouting back in, without all the bonus ********? I loved scouting back in the day, even though it was flawed. You have your "group" mode, throw your solos a mode too. 4v4 is just an idea, but that *should* be feasible to fill out with solos.

I really just want more solo/lance friendly modes since I enjoy playing in smaller, tight knit groups, and when my RL friends aren't online I drop solo.

i liked 4v4 medium skirmish. i did not like 4v4 smoke diving. i think the mode should go to solaris and let me cash in my scouting decks.

Edited by LordNothing, 02 February 2021 - 01:45 PM.

#55 Captain Lactose

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 February 2021 - 08:25 PM

While I understand the preference for groups in FW, there should be a limit to the number times you can be passed over while sitting in the line. It is absolute ********, and also self-defeating for a game struggling to maintain and re-attract a player-base to make it this freaking annoying to try and play. When a solo player in the line has been skipped for the third time for example, they should be guaranteed a spot in the next drop, however you chose to accomplish this. Anyone who responds to this with some version of solo players shouldn't be allowed in Faction Play, given the dire state of this games population, needs to wake the %@*$ up. If it was remotely feasible to not allow solo players in Faction War, devs would have done it years ago when I was last playing and people were already begging for it. There is such a pathetic number of people playing this game at the moment they cant exclude anyone, and certainly shouldn't be quasi-excluding them which is frustrating to sit through. This 1 issue will and has led to people just saying to hell with it and playing something else.

Edited by Captain Lactose, 09 February 2021 - 09:09 PM.

#56 Captain Lactose

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 08:20 PM

View PostPaul Meyers DEST, on 26 January 2021 - 09:34 AM, said:

And no, dont reserve a space for solos. Its a group game mode and if you get skipped its only your fault because you are to lazy to join a group.

"its a group mode" no it isn't, if it was a group only mode it wouldn't be possible to join the queue solo. It is which defacto means you are wrong. And since the Devs define such things, not you, their inclusion, however ineptly, of solo players in the game mode, means you.are.wrong.

-Edited to remove needless insult of quoted player, was very annoyed when posting....

Edited by Captain Lactose, 10 February 2021 - 08:42 PM.

#57 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 12:20 PM

The last thing PGI said about FP was this:

Faction Play will continue to be the playground of organized large group combat

Solos can join a group or continue waiting.

#58 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:18 AM

View PostCaptain Lactose, on 10 February 2021 - 08:20 PM, said:

"its a group mode" no it isn't, if it was a group only mode it wouldn't be possible to join the queue solo. It is which defacto means you are wrong. And since the Devs define such things, not you, their inclusion, however ineptly, of solo players in the game mode, means you.are.wrong.

-Edited to remove needless insult of quoted player, was very annoyed when posting....

Well, reread and try to understand. I never typed its a group only mode.

#59 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 03:31 AM

A couple of weeks since I started this poll.

Read all the opinions and played a few more faction games.

In truth the poll was in a bit of a salty moment because I had just been skipped in queue a couple of times. After playing faction frequently this is rare, and only happens frequently on Fridays and Saturdays when the population is higher, the rest of the week games are mostly pugs vs pugs.

In light of this i revised my opinion so that 2 spots should she reserved for solos. It is not that I think it's super needed right now, but for the faction population to grow alot of new players are needed, and they are all going to be pugs to start with, and this Friday and Saturday experience of being skipped in queue really sucks and drives solos away. Solos that faction play needs . Besides playing a 10 man group is almost as good as a 12 man, it would not be so bad as to drive veterans away.

The other thing is that something is needed to bring and keep new player in. PGI can do events and that will help, but needs to be a community effort too.
Maybe an effort in running pug groups in LFE, with people inclined to teach.

It might not be that impossible to get this rolling, to all the salty veterans, if you want to keep playing you need more people, and these people are going to be pugs to start with.

Cheers

#60 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 04:26 AM

About this effort to welcome new players to faction...

Maybe a good start would be a LFG event for friday and Saturday, in the style of the last event, some streamers could host LFG groups free for people to join. This way lots of people could join in and run in a group coordinated by a streamer.

This would set the tone for other players to also run LFGs as a community service.

Streamers cast for several hours anyway, so this would be a good sinergy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users