Seriously, There's Enough Premades Now

101 replies to this topic

#1 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 05:58 PM

So I played a half dozen matches or or where I was consistently calling out the blue team premade in general chat saying; if "___" sucks, we're screwed. and it only took a few matches for people starting to b*tch about it saying things like "are you going to say that every match?", etc... to which I responded, "will there be a premade every match?" There was at least 1 premade every match so yeah, there are enough premades for groups to have their own queue again, seriously...

#2 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:08 PM

And how many matches did you win?

#3 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 668 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:16 PM

maybe direct your complaints to PGI rather than whining to people who are just playing the game.

#4 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 07:20 PM

Or maybe learn to live with it? Seriously. Enlighten me. What other game has solo-only queues? It's hugely restrictive for no good reason.

#5 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 January 2021 - 04:54 AM

View PostVlad Ward, on 17 January 2021 - 07:20 PM, said:

Or maybe learn to live with it? Seriously. Enlighten me. What other game has solo-only queues? It's hugely restrictive for no good reason.

Most games have it. MOBAs allow 2-man or 3-man teams to be a part of the 5 man team make up in solo queue. WOT and others also allow groups in. It works better than a separate group queue because it's already proven that a group queue in MWO doesn't work well and during off-peak hours, it doesn't work at all.

People are complaining like MWO is the only game that allows groups to play in the regular queue when this is actually the standard.

MWO tried something different. Didn't work. This works.

Edited by Elizander, 18 January 2021 - 04:55 AM.

#6 Wolfos31

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 271 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:15 AM

I want the queues to stayed mix so that I can play more matches. Yeah, sometimes a group comes in who is trying something goofy that doesn't work well. But more often than not things work out fine. And regardless of how the group is playing, so long as I'm doing my best I'm satisfied.

I don't care much if I get a loss (long streaks of losses are annoying) but losses happen. It matters more to me how I did before going down.

#7 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:31 AM

MWO doesn't have the player count to split the queue's, could always stop nascaring and start playing like a team. I know its unheard of but you and your team will benefit from it.

#8 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:32 AM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 18 January 2021 - 05:31 AM, said:

MWO doesn't have the player count to split the queue's, could always stop nascaring and start playing like a team. I know its unheard of but you and your team will benefit from it.

By this logic, they should've started by merging all solaris queues into 1, 1v1 bracket and 1, 2v2 bracket.

#9 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:55 AM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 18 January 2021 - 05:32 AM, said:

By this logic, they should've started by merging all solaris queues into 1, 1v1 bracket and 1, 2v2 bracket.

solaris is dead, people only play it for the rewards at the start of each season

#10 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:01 AM

It sucks when you get a premade that is only 3... I feel BAD for the annihilators, that get to be the 4th man in these drops, as Alpha lance drop in the worst spots on most maps.

It's not bad when pre-mades are 4 mechs of various weights. It's horrible when they run something stupid, like 4 PIR's... Yes, it's happened. Or, 4 LURM boats...

It sucks when the pre-made is a group of ****** players to begin with. It's not bad when there decent.

I personally don't like it...I am in favor of groups dropping in the same team, but, keep the drops set as to put the lights in their respective weight classes according the lance... ie: Light, Med Alpha, Med, heavy Bravo, Heavy, Assault Charlie...

#11 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:06 AM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 18 January 2021 - 05:31 AM, said:

MWO doesn't have the player count to split the queue's

If there's one thing that soup queues proved, it's that there is enough group players to form their own queue, or to put it another way:

VonBruinwald' said:

Schrödinger's group players. They only play as a group when there's no group queue.

Group queue MM could easily be fixed by limiting groups to 2 or 4 man and, as a contingency, opening the valves to pull solo players when there's no groups left to fill. This won't happen though because, as Schrödinger knows, groups players aren't interested in fighting other groups.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 18 January 2021 - 06:07 AM.

#12 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 10:08 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 18 January 2021 - 06:06 AM, said:

Group queue MM could easily be fixed by limiting groups to 2 or 4 man and, as a contingency, opening the valves to pull solo players when there's no groups left to fill. This won't happen though because, as Schrödinger knows, groups players aren't interested in fighting other groups.

Probably beyond the amount of effort PGI wants to put into MWO now, but why can't we pull as many groups as possible into a match with each other from the Soup queue now. Sure we will have to backfill with solos for the odd players and probably revert to how it is now for non-peak times. (Just to clarify, everyone joins the same Soup queue, groups get pulled aside with other groups and backfill with 4-6 solos to round out teams if necessary).

Not sure about everyone else, but I am often seeing four or more groups in my matches. I will gladly wait an extra 60 seconds or risk being to only solo in a group match to get groups out of the majority of my solo matches.

Edited by Remover of Obstacles, 18 January 2021 - 10:11 AM.

#13 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 18 January 2021 - 10:51 AM

qp is the new farming grounds, since the fp matchmaker now prioritizes largest groups vs largest groups fights, groups that just want to farm solos come to qp for all their seal clubbing needs

#14 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:41 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 18 January 2021 - 06:06 AM, said:

Could be done easier than that, just by changing the priority. Right now, premades get frontloaded into any open match. Only time premades see a wait time is when there are so many premades that there's a line. Us unwashed solos have to wait until we get a slot that meets whatever criteria the MM is fumbling to meet. Put groups at the back and voila, they're all dropping solo again.

Remember, we've done this all before. We had 4 man groups in QP, both with and without priority. The result is predictable.

#15 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:03 PM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 17 January 2021 - 05:58 PM, said:

So I played a half dozen matches or or where I was consistently calling out the blue team premade in general chat saying; if "___" sucks, we're screwed. and it only took a few matches for people starting to b*tch about it saying things like "are you going to say that every match?", etc... to which I responded, "will there be a premade every match?" There was at least 1 premade every match so yeah, there are enough premades for groups to have their own queue again, seriously...

If there's a premade on each team each match, that's 1/3rd of the amount of people needed for them to have their own queue. Its not enough.

#16 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 06:07 PM

Arguments in this topic that do not work.

1 - You cannot split the playerbase because it is too small.
Sorry, seen the same lie told in games with BIGGER player counts.
Smite, a MOBA with more players than MWO, puts Groups and Solos in the same queue for some modes, result is a ****show. Keep telling the lie, I will tell the horror stories. At least Smite took 1 of their 3 Ranked modes and denied groups from participating at all and I am not talking about 1v1 Ranked Duel, that says something when a Ranked Competitive mode denies groups from playing at all and their playbase is bigger than here.
Rainbow Six Siege puts Groups with Solos and again it does not work. Groups abuse features in game, Ubisoft even had to remove a feature proven to be abused by Groups to target, harrass and deny Solos the ability to play but there are still other ways Groups abuse Solos that have nothing to do with 'seal clubbing' and Ubisoft has not figured out how to stop this abuse, this in a game with a WAY bigger population than MWO and not the only one.

2 - All groups play to win and have more skill then Solos.
Not true.
In Smite, there are matches especially certain Match of the Day modes with special rules where groups do something just to be silly and sometimes to record and share online to entertain people like they are Hollywood celebrities but this has resulted in other players avoiding those modes because they do not like being used for cheap entertainment.
There have also been groups in several games who go into matches intentionally screwing up and recording it just to see their allies get enraged then 'share this for entertainment.'
There are other ways groups play that are not 'to win' or show off any kind of skill including in other ga,es that even I have not tried but seen vids especially the ones bragging they did what they did to force allies to rage for 'viewer entertainment,' indeed this community knows there are different group types and some are more casual/social than skilled/competitive, let's not forget that.

3 - No other game has Solo only queues.
False, there are other games that do have them.

4 - MOBAs allow 2 and 3 man.....
Stop and false, not all MOBAs do this and it is not a game industry standard but it is a problem in several games mainly online ones, time to acknowledge that.

#17 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 19 January 2021 - 09:07 AM

View PostHeavy Money, on 18 January 2021 - 06:03 PM, said:

If there's a premade on each team each match, that's 1/3rd of the amount of people needed for them to have their own queue. Its not enough.

I tend to get matches in under a minute, so we're talking a 3 minute wait for groups. Probably less, because, lets be realistic, there's more than 1 match running on each server at a time and the wait is the valves PGI put in to try balance groups.

View PostWildstreak, on 18 January 2021 - 06:07 PM, said:

Arguments in this topic that do not work.

MWO is not a MOBA

#18 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:29 PM

Call of Duty, wildly successful game, huge player base.

Groups get matched with solos.

Loadouts chosen after map is determined.

Some games still aren't even close.

Seriously I don't know what you guys want. I could be the best player in the game, but if I chugged 5 beers and took two Ambien and jumped on MWO you think I would perform as well as the matchmaker expects? Nope.

Do you think I'm going to do as well as the match maker expects playing Spider-5V when I normally play assaults? Nope.

Too many variables.

#19 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 19 January 2021 - 09:07 AM, said:

I tend to get matches in under a minute, so we're talking a 3 minute wait for groups. Probably less, because, lets be realistic, there's more than 1 match running on each server at a time and the wait is the valves PGI put in to try balance groups.

The increase in wait time is going to be exponential for group players, especially if the group queue is ONLY groups. There would be times when you have unequal numbers of people and are stuck waiting for a 2 man when only 4 man groups are on, and other such problems.

For the solo queue it might not make a huge difference. But people in lots of places already complain about queue times. If they got twice as bad, that's a big loss of players. If group only queue got to be 3-4x as bad, that's going to be a huge problem.

If solos have the option to be matched into either solo or group games (which would be needed to fill in the gaps in groups), then a large amount of solo players will use that option to get faster matches, and then many will STILL complain about groups as a result. Very little will be gained because the primary problem is not the merged queue, the problem is people losing and needing something to blame.

Splitting queues will cause new whining over queue times, and not really reduce existing whining. It'll just be "Omg PGI is so stupid you split the queue now wait times suck so I have to solo drop in group queue to get matches so now groups are more of a problem OMG why didn't PGI know this would happen!"

#20 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 January 2021 - 02:00 PM

Allowing pugs to opt-in to the premade queue (while keeping the existing pug queue) is something that has been proposed years ago. It would also have allowed for 11-man premades to exist. Maybe even offer these brave pugs a spacebucks bonus for their contribution.

I think that should have been tried before merging it all together.

Edited by FupDup, 19 January 2021 - 02:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users