5 replies to this topic

#1 The pessimistic optimist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 07:24 AM

Just wanted to know? Sorry don't*

Edited by SirSmokes, 20 January 2021 - 07:25 AM.

#2 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 05:43 PM

IF you can afford to, yes. Reason, that individual who owns the place you are renting, has to pay for it, weather the mortgage, insurance, taxes ect, ect, ect. Oh, and the maintenance. If he/she cannot pay any of those, then they stand a good chance to loose the property you rent from them. Now you are out of a place to rent, and they are out of a place to rent out. Make sense!?

I have payed my rent even since the beginning of this crap, and still do. Even though the rest of the tenants do not... However, when my A/C took a ****, repair guy was there next day... When the other guys A/C went out, well, I am wondering if his heater works! Get the picture?

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:00 PM

we are guilty of being habitual rent payers. then there is that one neighbor that owns 3 cars and a boat yet cant afford rent. i guess after the landlord boots them out they can live in their vehicles until they get repoed.

sad thing is i have a brother who is like this. claims to be upper middle class, but they are effectively homeless and everything they own is being paid off. seemed like every month a very large man comes by to collect some merchandise he didn't finish paying for. i remember he would bring his kids over to my studio apartment so they could eat, and they would eat everything. then they would get into their massive suv and go run to the pawn shop to either hock something they didnt own or get it back before the repo man comes by to collect it. he currently lives with grandma and is no doubt milking her pension.

Edited by LordNothing, 20 January 2021 - 06:02 PM.

#4 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:58 AM

i SEE YOU Posted Image I am winning this is easy

Edited by SirSmokes, 02 February 2021 - 07:58 AM.

#5 xSONOHx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 177 posts
  • LocationEarth (Terra)

Posted 03 February 2021 - 09:40 AM

I'm pretty sure if you don't pay rent on time it can have a negative affect on your credit score which in turn will be visible by all future employers, all the businesses you want to borrow money from, as well as any business you want to rent something from in the future, etc. I suppose you could also call it a "reliability score".
The score does change with time and can be improved especially if you pay things off (like rent if it's reported) in a timely manner. Also not all landlords report to credit agencies.
Though as Swamp said it, the landlord does rely on rent to maintain the property.

#6 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 05:34 PM

I see you I love
Improved pattern recognition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users