4 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:21 AM

Please note, this is not a political post so don't turn it into one.

I want to get your honest opinion of something that happened. The new President of the U.S., Joe Biden issued a mandatory mask mandate on Federal property. Within an hour or so of issuing this mandate, he himself was caught walking around on Federal property without a mask. Clearly it' a case of do as I say and never mind what I do.

Thoughts, opinions (please keep politics out of it.)

#2 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:50 AM

I sometimes forget my mask
Doesn't mean I don't want to wear one
Its a new Law, takes time to get used to it

POTUS is human
so ...get guid prez

Edited by General Solo, 22 January 2021 - 09:50 AM.

#3 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:20 AM

Yeah. It's easy to jump to a conclusion. I don't know the guy, I like some of what he says, but have no basis to infer motives behind something like that.

Could easily be human error.

I firmly believe its necessary to wear a mask whenever you're anywhere you may encounter someone you don't live with. I routinely forget because I'm a moron.

#4 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:52 AM

I thought after the nancy pelosi hair salon thing all you americans have already learned there are rules for you, and there are different rules for the rulers.

I have no problem with the mask thing and have been wearing them to public places since march, but our politicians up north are also constantly getting caught breaking their own rules and they dont even get ticketed like everyone else. They closed down all barber shops but our PM probably has a whole team working on his hair and makeup every time he goes on tv to tell us what else we can't do.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:04 PM

im firmly in the no mask category on the grounds that it is impossible to seal a mask properly with an epic beard. you just end up with a germ shotgun. but its ok i managed to get my vaccine already.

but im in a town that has had only one covid related death and they caught it out of state and died before they could bring it back here. so far the only people who have really caught it are people who don't want to give up their vacation time because of a pandemic and they caught those on their way up here and quarantined. id wear a mask if i lived practically anywhere else.

advice not intended for non island dwellers.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 January 2021 - 08:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users