3 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:56 PM

Are there any?
I got this to practice since Gauss is not a usual weapon I run. While I have no problem using the weapon, I am reminded why I can rarely run it and only on particular Mechs, this is not one of them.
Awkward weapon mounts and what succeeds in CQP means needing something else. The head Energy slot is awkward as are the arm mounts yet I feel I have to use all weapon mounts to make this Mech useful.
Anyone done any other non-Gauss builds that work?

#2 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:15 PM

I've seen people use two LB20x and lasers to make it a brawler. You can also do 2x LB10x and 2x SRM6+A for more damage up close along with a couple of pulse lasers. It's no Scorch, but it has ECM.

If all else fails then just put a couple of UAC/10s or something. It has very few hardpoints, so it's not going to scare anything off in terms of Alpha strike damage.

#3 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:20 PM

Not worried about scaring, just need something to shoot then twist and move.

Sniping in big Mechs doesn't work in PUGlandia.

#4 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:54 AM

Just go Splatshot-Marauder: LBX20 in each arm and ER-PPC in the sidetorso, Med-Pulse in the head as backup-weapon / situational addition. Heat is fine even in prolongued exchanges, if necessary use the LBXs only to cool down a bit.

Not an optimal variant since ye lack the pinpoint-oomph (spread-alpha of 55, but ye can shoot whenever cooldown allows for it) of other mechs, but ye can oneshot a lot of lights and start to shine once components start to be armorless. Keep in mind, that ye ain't a good frontliner though. Protect your right side if twisting. If you don't mind the acceptable speed, ye could try a standard engine to improve survivability. In combination with the ECM I personally prefer the XLs speed to relocate.

MAD-IIC-D - 2 LBX20 + ER-PPC + MPL + 330XL

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 23 January 2021 - 12:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users