Know Enemy Group Before Picking Drop Deck

9 replies to this topic

#1 Rexxxxxxxxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:02 PM

We should be able to see which group we are facing before we pick our drop deck. If you have a group of top players facing pugs, then they should know this ahead of time. That way they can pick experimental builds when facing pugs and proven builds when facing top players.

This way we won't have to use our strongest mechs all the time to smash pugs and top players alike.

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 25 January 2021 - 01:14 PM

this has both an upside and a downside

on one end for normal people it would be great, I would love to know if I'm for example dropping against Jgx to bring nothing but erll/erppc because that's how those drops always play, when I'm dropping against pusha pusha groups to bring dps, and if I know it's all pugs I can bring sub optimal fun stuff

on the other end, crappy spiteful players would bring utterly trolly crap if they see enemies they don't believe they can beat, we would see garbage like 3 spider 1 atlas decks running around the map hiding to piss enemies off, etc

#3 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 25 January 2021 - 02:08 PM

Like the scouting team intel bonus?

#4 Rexxxxxxxxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 10:41 AM

I think bringing three spiders and an Atlas would throw a good team for a loop and give pugs a fighting chance.

#5 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 11:30 AM

View PostRexxxxxxxxx, on 27 January 2021 - 10:41 AM, said:

I think bringing three spiders and an Atlas would throw a good team for a loop and give pugs a fighting chance.

no it wouldn't, it would screw pugs over even more, because they would be fighting 11v12, the "good team" would farm out the 11 guys, and then be forced to look for the last guy for 8 minutes. This would be even worse if there were more than 1 troll, we've all seen this happen already when FAIL do it, it's just a waste of everyones time and only the trolls get some sort of weird fun out of it

#6 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:17 PM

Like you talk for pugs, lmfao

would be great

Now the Trolls on the other foot, More Wrong

#7 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

View PostGeneral Solo, on 27 January 2021 - 02:17 PM, said:

Like you talk for pugs, lmfao

would be great

Now the Trolls on the other foot, More Wrong

you used to be at least somewhat fun to argue with, now you just follow me around the forums and post "nuh uh" after w/e I say?

your forum warrior game went from tier 3 down to like tier 5, do better please

#8 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 04:43 AM

View PostRexxxxxxxxx, on 24 January 2021 - 09:02 PM, said:

We should be able to see which group we are facing before we pick our drop deck. If you have a group of top players facing pugs, then they should know this ahead of time. That way they can pick experimental builds when facing pugs and proven builds when facing top players.

This way we won't have to use our strongest mechs all the time to smash pugs and top players alike.

Why do you want such a small surprise be taken out of a game that is very light on the surprise-side anyway ?
Your request doesn´t compute .

P.s.: Homer, mang, I´ve seen you troll way better than this ... stop slacking that hard :P

Edited by B0oN, 29 January 2021 - 04:45 AM.

#9 Rexxxxxxxxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 03:21 PM

Because its not a surprise to the experienced players with the biggest contact list.
They can easily look at who is in a group, what faction they are in and whether they are in lobby or not.
Pugs don't have that luxury, and as a result they get slaughtered, then get angry about stacked teams and queue drops to zero, because they no longer wish to be beaten down with the pug stick.

But on the other end, I want to know when I'm playing against pugs so I can bring a more experimental drop deck to give the others side a better chance.

#10 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 03:40 AM

And for sure pugs wont get butthurt, when premade urbie rush them.

And your most of the times it is premade vs pugs is wrooooooong. Most of the times it is 3 man with 4 man with 3 pugs and a 2 man group vs 8 man an 4 pugs or some weird combinations. I can't remember the last real premade.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 30 January 2021 - 03:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users