Voip Not Working

3 replies to this topic

#1 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 111 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:36 PM

Hi All

May I know how to get VoIP work? When I play the game, I can hear the background music & sound effect but not voices from the team even though I can see their names flashes when they speak. I have enabled the ingame "Enable VoIP" with the "Playback Level" & "Record Leve" set at 20dB now. I have tried to set them at 15dB, 10dB, 5dB, 0dB, -10dB but it still won't work.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Have Fun
Stay Safe

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 28 January 2021 - 08:16 PM

You will need to check your system's sound setup. This will be dependent on your system, as 2 of my 3 computers utilizes this.

Click on the start button and start typing in Realtek.. and ya looking for Realtek Audio Console and click on it to bring up the Console Then look for Device Advanced Setting in the lower left corner of the Console. Select Separate all input Jacks as independent input devices.

Whenever I have a major or reinstalling the audio drivers. I have to reset that option. And when/if you make a change in the MWO setup on audio, you usually have to log out and back in for it to take effect.

Also make sure the correct playback device is selected in your VOIP settings.

https://mwomercs.com...eshooting-voip/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 28 January 2021 - 08:19 PM.

#3 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 06:02 AM

Make sure your using the correct input/microphone

Default Device may not be the one you want, and make sure the mics not muted

or the volume level is too low

#4 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 04:30 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 28 January 2021 - 08:16 PM, said:

And when/if you make a change in the MWO setup on audio, you usually have to log out and back in for it to take effect.

Also make sure the correct playback device is selected in your VOIP settings.

https://mwomercs.com...eshooting-voip/

My VoIP finally works. How it begin to work I'm also not too sure but as you mentioned that after every change I have to logout and back in for it to take effect, I uncheck all the dialogue boxes and also "Enable VOIP" box, then logout and login again and select all the dialogues boxes as well as the "Enable VOIP" box and logout again. When I login again and play a game, the VOIP start to work.

Thanks for yor help Tarl Cabot.

Have Fun
Stay Safe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users