Seeking Expert Opinions On Large Monitors

3 replies to this topic

#1 Wildedge

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 01:00 PM

I’m replacing my old monitor. I love large screens. I’m seeing the rectangular 16:9 screens and the super wide 21:9 screens. Which type is MWO working better on?

I’m not set on a shape. Most mech cockpits are presented in a rectangular place, (but not if you add in the side views). In that space it seems like a 16:9 shape... say a 16:9 43” at 120hz to 144hz monitor would be ideal.

Does anyone have advice on screen shape, resolution, refresh rate, or specific monitors around $1k?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Wildedge, 03 February 2021 - 01:21 PM.

#2 Uller Phrost

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 23 March 2021 - 09:18 PM

MWO does not scale right on ultra wide

#3 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 23 March 2021 - 10:04 PM

For games like mwo then a big screen tv is your best bet if you have the space to set it back from your chair about 4~5 feet. I'm using a 58" 4k tv and its awesome.

To find one with your budget and specs use this site as they review hundreds of panels for both tv and pc uses.

www.rtings.com

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 24 March 2021 - 03:06 PM

View PostUller Phrost, on 23 March 2021 - 09:18 PM, said:

MWO does not scale right on ultra wide

This. Being an older game engine, MWO cannot make use of newer aspect ratio options.

Screen refresh rate is key for gaming. I have an older machine, and since MWO is an older game its just fine operating with a 60Hz refresh rate. Newer options range from 75Hz to 120Hz or more. 120 would be total overkill for MWO, you'd never use it all, but the newest games might love it, and 4k TV would look amazing. Let price be your guide, but aim for 75 or higher.

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 24 March 2021 - 03:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users