Mech The Fourth Be With You.

71 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:29 PM

GREETINGS MERCENARIES,

These are the 'Mechs you're looking for! Check out our new announcement trailer and read on for Key Product Details.

Today we are excited to share key product details for MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries and Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC.

PLATFORMS

• MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries and Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC will be available on GOG, Steam, Epic Games, Microsoft PC and Xbox one and Series S|X
  • MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries is a single purchase play anywhere product on Microsoft PC and Xbox.
  • MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries and is also available through PC/Xbox/Ultimate GamePass subscriptions.

PRICE

• MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries $29.99 USD
  • Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC $19.99 USD

CO-OP AND DLC COMPATIBILITY

• MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries and Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC will be crossplay compatible for all platforms.
  • DLC Co-op compatibility. DLC owners can host and play DLC content with players who do not own the DLC.

MASSIVE UPDATE

MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries Year One update releases May 27th bringing key improvements and new features

• Platform Changes
    • Releasing New PC store fronts and Xbox Consoles
    • Cross Play on all systems
    • Force feedback adds to the immersion of piloting a 'Mech
  • Campaign Changes
    • Campaign Tutorial is now optional
    • Campaign Story has a new beginning
  • Gameplay Changes
    • Infantry are now present throughout the game
    • Full 360 LOS radar. (Full 360 non-LOS radar is possible with BAP which comes with DLC)
    • AI now uses Jump jets in combat
    • More extreme conditions such as dense fog. Extreme weather now affects sensors
    • Salvage crates with additional rewards or supplies can now be obtained by exploring the map
    • More variety and challenge
    • Rebalancing of difficulty and economy
    • Audio enhancements and recalibration
    • Explore a variety of new bases and garrisons
  • UI Changes
    • Track your encounters and identify where to hunt down desired ‘Mechs
    • Keep tabs when borders change or when new tech becomes available
    • Instant Action - Previously selected mechs and pilots are restored next time you play
    • Apply paint schemes to your entire unit quickly

...along with many more small QoL and bug fixes.

HEROES OF THE INNER SPHERE DLC

New Career Mode - Start a career from scratch in any of the great houses or import your progress from the original Campaign. Completely rebalanced so you can explore the Inner Sphere and build your merc company as you please. Expanded Inner Sphere Map that includes 61 total warzones (+18), 34 Industrial Hubs, and 55 quest lines (+11).

Career Paths - Visit Cantinas to pick up jobs from the Inner Sphere's shadiest characters. Complete 5 different job types to unlock career path rewards including powerful and unique upgrades that tweak properties of your mechs. Career paths work in both Campaign and Career mode!

New ‘Mechs - 7 new 'Mech chassis: Corsair, Vulcan, Charger, Hatamoto-Chi, Dervish, Champion, and Marauder II and Adds 50 new variants including new variants for existing chassis

New Missions - Hunt down 7 new heroes and their hero ‘Mechs in Hero Quests.

New Procedural Mission type - Beachhead: clear the landing zone for a full planetary invasion while disrupting communications and avoiding artillery strikes

New Biome - ExtraSolar Moon with Hazardous Atmosphere Garrisons

Artillery and Airstrikes - Avoid enemy airstrikes, call in air support to deliver devastating bombardments, or use TAG/NARC on specific enemies for precision airstrikes

New Equipment

• ECM, EWECM - an Electronic Counter Measure creates a distortion bubble that jams opponents' sensors and HUD and reduces their ability to detect you or target effectively. Use counter mode to disable an enemy's ECM.
  • BAP, EWAP - an active probe that allows sensors to detect hidden enemies regardless of line of sight
  • MASC, Supercharger - gives mechs a short duration but incredibly powerful mobility boost.

New Weapons

• Chem Lasers
  • Short Burst Lasers
  • Mech Rifles
  • Stream SRMs

New music tracks set a more diverse and epic tone to the game.

LINKS

Go ahead and Wishlist on your Favorite Platform!

Xbox Store Links Coming Soon!

See you in the Dropship Hanger,
The MechWarrior 5 Team

Tagged: Dlc, Mw5Mercs, Update, Xbox

#2 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:31 PM

FIRST

#3 Lajur Kas

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 76 posts
  • LocationOrestes Rally Point

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:33 PM

Careful, or you'll have Lucas up in here again.

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:41 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 04 May 2021 - 01:39 PM, said:

but… it's MECHwarrior 5 not 4!
You are one day early for a "better" pun.

They did it today because it's a reference to "May the fourth be with you" (aka "May the force be with you" aka Star Wars day).

If they did "Mech the Fifth be with you" it would sound even further from the original reference.

#5 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:47 PM

Still 4x more expensive than it was with the Xbox pass for PC - even then, still got deleted and felt robbed . .

#6 Absaint

• PipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:49 PM

Great work guys, looks like apetizing upgrades that will make for a much better game.

Sadly im stuck with an older DX10 card at the moment so im not able to play it, but will definitly be on my playlist when i upgrade!

#7 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 01:56 PM

GJ on the trailer, hope the missions and spawns are updated for a less monotone experience.

Suggest adding the release date to the title and on top, since it is not clear whether all of it will be for May 27th or just the update or what... Steam page only says spring 2021, no pre-order. RIP

Edited by Nightbird, 04 May 2021 - 02:00 PM.

#8 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:03 PM

What about the Clan Booster and new chassis?

#9 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:27 PM

So it's a $50 steam launch price for a title that has been out for over 1 year and 6 months? That's pretty disgusting given that you could buy the base release for $5 on EGS with a sale + coupon, plus $20 for the DLC bringing the total to $25 if you bought it while it was on sale on Epic. Literally half the price of what you're asking on Steam. That's going to be a hard pass for me.

#10 RJF Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 02:41 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 04 May 2021 - 01:39 PM, said:

but… it's MECHwarrior 5 not 4!
You are one day early for a "better" pun.

I liked MW4 way more.

#11 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:11 PM

View PostBuckleUp, on 04 May 2021 - 02:39 PM, said:

Any chance PGI will add a non-mercenary mode? Y'know - all of the action and none of the tedious paying for repairs, travel, upkeep, hiring and all that?

In other words, any chance you'll add a Mech 2 DLC to Mech 5?

So.... the instant action mode?

Edited by AncientRaig, 04 May 2021 - 03:11 PM.

#12 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:33 PM

It's cool and all... but it's sad to see the flipped paper doll is still there.

Posted Image

The single reason I could not play MW5 for more than 6 hours due to motion sickness and headache.

It's even more unfortunate since it is the result of the most trivial bug you can imagine. literally a value being set to -1 instead of 1 by mistake.

The idea of a paper doll is self perception. Similar to the concept of looking into the mirror. Yes the reflection is "flipped", but looking at myself in the mirror, left side correspond to my left arm and right side to my right arm... the information is conveyed quickly and naturally... the direction corresponds to self perception in reality.

I'm not looking at my mech from outside... I'm in the mech and I'm expecting the paperdoll to match my self perception.

And I'm just ignoring the fact that this is an established concept in paperdoll design in almost any shooter game.... or we can just look at other MW games as a reference

And yes, this has been reported multiple times in the past year and a half.

I might just look at streams to see what has changed. No plan on playing or updating any mods for this.

Edited by Navid A1, 05 May 2021 - 12:20 AM.

#13 SirHavan

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 53 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 May 2021 - 03:57 PM

can I buy the DLC on Steam if I bought the game on Epic?

#14 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:11 PM

View PostSirHavan, on 04 May 2021 - 03:57 PM, said:

can I buy the DLC on Steam if I bought the game on Epic?

You'd have to rebuy the game on Steam.

#15 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:14 PM

Nice to see it'll be crossplay compatible. Enjoyed it on my own, but it really seems like a game that'd be best with a lance.

~Leone.

#16 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:34 PM

Dear MWO / PGI,

Are there any plans for cross-market MW5 and MWO?
It would encourage MW5 players to play MWO also, which can be a good thing :)

ie: If we order both MW5 and the DLC for MW5 at full price (US$30 + US$20), is there any chance that we can get the below four (4) Special Mechs, inside MechWarrior Online (MWO) in-game itself?

Catapult CPLT-C2(S), for MWO in-game

Warhammer WHM-9D(S), for MWO in-game

Marauder MAD-9M(S), for MWO in-game

King Crab KGC-001(S), for MWO in-game

http://mwomercs.com/...o-mech-loadouts

#17 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:40 PM

View PostAncientRaig, on 04 May 2021 - 04:11 PM, said:

You'd have to rebuy the game on Steam.

May as well rebuy on GOG so its DRM free instead. You'll still be able to play it with folks who only bought on Steam.

#18 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 04 May 2021 - 04:51 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 04 May 2021 - 03:33 PM, said:

I might just look at streams to see what has changed. No plan on playing or updating any mods for this.

Shame. I was looking forward to your MW5 reloaded all god damn year (and 5 months). Thanks anyways.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 04 May 2021 - 01:29 PM, said:

PRICE

MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries $29.99 USD
Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC $19.99 USD

CO-OP AND DLC COMPATIBILITY
MechWarrior 5 Mercenaries and Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC will be crossplay compatible for all platforms.
DLC Co-op compatibility. DLC owners can host and play DLC content with players who do not own the DLC.

So even though you reduced the price, it basically it still sums up to 50$ by pay walling the content that should have been there in the first place -- it's not even new mechanics, just new way of experiencing the already offered game. And the compatibility with those that own the DLC? That means there's already the content installed in there, just locked out? Are you serious?

It's basically "Here's 30$ for a broken game, 20$ to fix it". Laughable.

Where the hell is the dislike button?

Screw this, I ain't buying an overpriced game with paywalled content, and the mods that make it worth buying ain't even going to be compatible.

View Postw0qj, on 04 May 2021 - 04:34 PM, said:

Dear MWO / PGI,

Are there any plans for cross-market MW5 and MWO?
It would encourage MW5 players to play MWO also, which can be a good thing Posted Image

ie: If we order both MW5 and the DLC for MW5 at full price (US$30 + US$20), is there any chance that we can get the below four (4) Special Mechs, inside MechWarrior Online (MWO) in-game itself?

Catapult CPLT-C2(S), for MWO in-game

Warhammer WHM-9D(S), for MWO in-game

Marauder MAD-9M(S), for MWO in-game

King Crab KGC-001(S), for MWO in-game

http://mwomercs.com/...o-mech-loadouts

They already did a preorder bonus and that didn't bode well. Stop asking for preorders, you're enabling this bad behavior from companies in general. Don't be part of the problem.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 05 May 2021 - 10:36 PM.

#19 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:08 PM

At least two of these weapons are in the canon: Chemical Lasers and the Supercharger are in the canon. Now all I ask is this: port them over to the MWO!

#20 minist3r

• Pip
  • Compie
  • Compie
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2021 - 09:14 PM

View PostFupDup, on 04 May 2021 - 01:41 PM, said:

They did it today because it's a reference to "May the fourth be with you" (aka "May the force be with you" aka Star Wars day).

If they did "Mech the Fifth be with you" it would sound even further from the original reference.

But they could of done Cinco de Mecho and still been seasonally festive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users