Current Bundles

6 replies to this topic

#1 Fleshbits

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 05:09 PM

I heard I can get 30% more bucks, for ever more, if I buy myself a hero mech. Is that right?
I am brand new, so I don't know much, but the game is fun enough for me to drop a one time $30 investment.

Are there any mechs bundled right now that are worth a poo?

I'd be interested in getting one that I can use long range and zoon in.

I'd also be interested in one that I can get into people's faces with, but I am kind of bored with lasers, and if I am not mistaken, machine guns to really crap damage.

#2 Guardian Soul

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 08:21 PM

Hero 'mechs do indeed give a 30% bonus to c-bills earned but *only* when piloting that 'mech, so it pays to look around and try the normal variants of that 'mech type if you can to get a feel for what you like. If you don't want to pick now you can always get one of the MC bundles and wait for the hero 'mechs to go on sale in game. They drop to 50% off fairly regularly, so it can pay off nicely to wait.

That being said, if you're looking for a very solid brawler it's hard to beat the hero 'mech for the Marauder. You'll still be using lasers but the side torso ballistic mount adds some very nice dakka options. It's a little slow but it has a nice front profile and is reasonably tanky. Plus it's a Marauder! Yes I am biased. I run mine with heavy gauss and six medium lasers and it's a dream to fight in close with.

If you're looking to pick up one of the bundles from the valentine's day sale I'd suggest either the Corsair bundle or the Sun Spider bundle. The Corsairs are a bit weird but I've found the Broadside to be a surprisingly stable platform, even in its stock build. Plus because it has a crazy mix of hardpoints you can do pretty much anything with it, at least as far as assault 'mech builds go.

The Sun Spider feels far more fragile compared to the Marauder or the Corsair, but the Vanguard is a fun second line 'mech. Plus because it's an omni 'mech you can swap out the arms and side torsos for ones from other Sun Spider variants and get basically whatever hardpoints you want. Again, it's a little fragile feeling, but it makes a solid long range platform.

Edited by Guardian Soul, 14 February 2021 - 08:26 PM.

#3 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 February 2021 - 10:26 PM

Roughneck Bundle is also a 'in your face' type of mech, sort of a mini-Atlas in a Heavy category, faster, more mobile, tough.

The Urbanmech Hero x2 Bundle is also a good deal at $11, a slower Light with surprisingly tough armor (just don't stand still).
The Urbanmech K-9 with 5x Medium Pulse Laser is pretty good.
You also get 100 GSP + 30days Premium Time thrown in to boot!

As an aside, the US$11 Bundle 'Love is a Battlefield' is also pretty good, you get MC, 100 GSP, and 30days Premium Time!
Dumping 10+ GSP into your unskilled mech can really kickstart its progress!
(I personally would rather skip the grinding for the first 15 Skill Points for an unskilled mech, if at all possible).

Do have FUN deciding!

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 12:16 AM

As others have already stated, only certain mech's have a 30% CBill bonus and it only applies if you pilot that certain mech.
The Roughneck bundle has long range and short range option. The Sunspiders also have decent builds but are more mid-to-long range oriented.

#5 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:07 AM

Probably best to buy a little MC and buy just the hero you want in game.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 02:21 AM

View PostGagis, on 15 February 2021 - 02:07 AM, said:

Probably best to buy a little MC and buy just the hero you want in game.

... when it's on sale!!

#7 NiceDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:00 AM

You just miss last month's Bundles of Joy which most of the bundles are really worth buying. This month's Bundles of Love, to me, is not worth buying as they are not really saving.
I'm also a new player and from what I know is from time to time there will have some of the following offers:

1) with the same amount of dollars, offers will gives extra 30% MC
2) 50% discount on MC & C-bill mechs
3) 50% discount to premium time bundles
4) 50% discount to GSP bundles

Thus if you think you can wait then wait for the next offer to come. I'm waiting for March's Bundles Offers and see if they are worth buying or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users