Fp Advice/pointers For A Returning Player?

5 replies to this topic

#1 ColourfulConfetti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 02:38 AM

Older player here, returned to the game about 2 or so weeks ago. I don't have too much of an issue with finding my way around QP, but FP is proving to be a bit more difficult to crack for me.
I started out just playing stuff that was fun (mostly IS), which involved, Poptart Highlanders and Dragonslayers. Neither were particularly good with those builds on them, but they were fun.

I'm trying to get a little more serious about FP now, though, but I've been having some issues wrapping my head around the FP atmosphere a bit.

I know enough to realize I shouldn't reinforce when the first wave is still going and all, but some of the map specific strategies and builds for IS are proving elusive to me. Granted I am still getting into it, but for maps like Sulfurous Rift and Victric Forge, what do you find works the best on attack there(for IS)?

I've also been a bit, skeptical on how to best use Artillery strikes. God knows they are common in the mode, but usually I tend they are a bit finicky to try to use, somebody with a better handle on when to use them might have a better experience with it.

Anywho pointers from people with more knowledge than me would be appreciated. I'm just a pug, with no real competitive group, so I'm not much in the know. It's a bit embarrassing how self serious some of these more competitive groups can be, but I can't argue with the results they bring, admittedly. I've considered looking for a organized team to drop FP with, but a part of me fears turning into the self parodying comp group player at the same time. I can't find it in me to seethe over pugs and all, not anymore at least.

In any case thanks to anybody who read, and thanks in advance to anybody who might have a few words of wisdom to share.

Edited by ColourfulConfetti, 19 February 2021 - 10:46 PM.

#2 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 09:08 AM

Hot key your arty strikes to so you can use them while firing your weapons.
On Victric forge- dakka is good, mid range trading is usually good.

On sulfurous- mid range to long range, ppcs, dakka, lasers

And it’s 100 percent better to drop in a group, especially if you are returning after a long break.

#3 ColourfulConfetti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 05:40 PM

View PostTrashtier, on 19 February 2021 - 09:08 AM, said:

Hot key your arty strikes to so you can use them while firing your weapons.
On Victric forge- dakka is good, mid range trading is usually good.

On sulfurous- mid range to long range, ppcs, dakka, lasers

And it’s 100 percent better to drop in a group, especially if you are returning after a long break.

Thanks, I reckon my lack of arty usage is what is the biggest issue. So I'll try to keep that in mind, a little elbow grease aught to help with learning the ropes there. Slow process but with enough focus I'll get a handle on things sooner rather than later.

Edited by ColourfulConfetti, 19 February 2021 - 11:04 PM.

#4 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 10:04 PM

FP guide can be found in my signature

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 04:43 AM

if they can leave the lerms at home and listen to calls, thats 90% of the way there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users