3 replies to this topic

#1 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:07 PM

Too chaotic to allow players to form any tactic other than kite to kill zone.

So there is no story pacing, no end-battle (was going to say climax, but I know what your thinking). If there was a way to work that pacing in there would be much more for players to do and think about on their way to glorius victory.

#2 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 02:54 PM

One of the things I enjoyed about previous MW games was the relatively high TTK and slow paced battles compared to other shooting type games.

My impressions of MW5 from watching streams and reviews is the bulk of the game is running around shooting endless tanks and VTOLs with a very low TTK, mixed in bulk spawns of lighter mechs that appear at random locations. More of an arcade shooter than mech sim.

I played the mechassault games, but didn't particularly enjoy what they had done with the IP. MW5 seems closer to Mechassault than a proper MW game.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 20 February 2021 - 09:27 PM

i think there is just too much respawn. instant respawn of vehicles and endless waves of drop ships with mechs on them. i miss when you could just drop and clear the map. you could decide how you wanted to divide and conquer in other mw games. but here you are just trying to clear the objectives and get out asap because if you stay you will lose mechs/pilots/weapons and not turn a profit. which means you are actively trying to end the game rather than playing it. in other words its an accountant simulator with a mech combat mini game.

Edited by LordNothing, 20 February 2021 - 09:32 PM.

#4 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 886 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 March 2021 - 08:57 AM

Owwww. An I hoped MW5 would be a mech-sim like it's predecessors...
I think an MW2-3 remastered with MWO graphics would be nice if they not touch else just the graphics (or boost the AI a bit but not touch the gameplay, story, etc...). I would give MW5 a try since a friend of mine have it (at least he said) so once I visit him a have a look on this thing (reviews and trailers already risen my doubts about it but what I read now toppled my hopes and trumped them)...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users