88 replies to this topic

#1 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts
  • LocationThe Flat and Motionless Earth

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:39 AM

Seems to be getting out of hand again, its been years and years since the last one.

"There arent that many cheaters"
"get good"

Dont care, just do the f'n banwave.

#2 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:44 AM

Contact customer support, not the forums.

And do provide them with some degree of evidence. Vast majority of the time an accused cheater is just a player slightly better than you.

#3 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 10:54 AM

View PostGagis, on 21 February 2021 - 10:44 AM, said:

And do provide them with some degree of evidence. Vast majority of the time an accused cheater is just a player slightly better than you.

There werent any players on previous ban waves better than me.... Sorry, and there are only a handful of those players in this game anyway #honestly. I cant post here? I am not banned.

Evidence.... Previous ban waves...

Also, for the life of me it bothers me anyone would argue, or say anything against banwaves, I mean I understand you are just regurgitating rhetoric from the community on players being better than you but w/e

Edited by V O L T R O N, 21 February 2021 - 11:29 AM.

#4 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:35 AM

How do you know there haven't been bans subsequent to the last public announcement?

#5 V O L T R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 318 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:37 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 21 February 2021 - 11:34 AM, said:

Wanna hear a joke? What's common between flat earthers and MWO hack accusers? They never show a proof of their theories.

Or when you show them proof they completely ignore it #cognitivedissonance.

#6 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:38 AM

View PostGagis, on 21 February 2021 - 10:44 AM, said:

We submit reports in when we suspect.. it's hard to prove definitely unless we are spectating their cockpit and recording.. it's up to pgi to investigate. Here's some evidence that it does occur for those in denial:

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2021 - 11:38 AM.

#7 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:39 AM

View PostV O L T R O N, on 21 February 2021 - 11:37 AM, said:

Or when you show them proof they completely ignore it #cognitivedissonance.

Well I see 0 evidence from you about cheaters in MWO besides you thinking they exist so what's your point?

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 February 2021 - 11:38 AM, said:

We submit reports in when we suspect.. it's hard to prove definitely unless we are spectating their cockpit and recording.. it's up to pgi to investigate. Here's some evidence that it does occur for those in denial:

7 December 2016 try better

#8 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 799 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:44 AM

V O L T R O N said:

Or when you show them proof they completely ignore it

Then provide proof for present day cheaters to PGI and us and once you've done that also provide proof that "they" (whoever "they" might be in the cheating context or the off-topic one).

V O L T R O N said:

#cognitivedissonance.

#insertInigoMontoyaquote

Edited by Der Geisterbaer, 21 February 2021 - 11:48 AM.

#9 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:46 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 21 February 2021 - 11:39 AM, said:

Well I see 0 evidence from you about cheaters in MWO besides you thinking they exist so what's your point?

7 December 2016 try better

The video is to show those that are denying it.. that cheaters exist.. likely in the upper echelons (ie. comp scene) where pressure is high and it gets to them..

After 50,000+ matches under our belts.. I would hope our 'guesses' would carry some weight.. like I said it's up to PGI to investigate.. saying there aren't hackers because there's no proof is foolish and naive at best.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2021 - 11:46 AM.

#10 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:49 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 February 2021 - 11:46 AM, said:

The video is to show those that are denying it.. that cheaters exist.. likely in the upper echelons (ie. comp scene) where pressure is high and it gets to them..

After 50,000+ matches under our belts.. I would hope our 'guesses' would carry some weight.. like I said it's up to PGI to investigate.. saying there aren't hackers because there's no proof is foolish and naive at best.

I won't be naming teams but over 4 years of comp play in official WC we called PGI to check them for certain cheats and results were always negative so keep imagining.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 21 February 2021 - 11:49 AM.

#11 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:56 AM

There are pretty much 4 cheats:
- RAC macros got fixed by PGI
- value alteration which is impossible in this game due to checks that happen when you try to search for multiplayer game
- aimbot (which works only for lasers and useless for projectile weapons) for which game has built in spectator tool so they get reported extremely fast
- wallhack probably only one that would be hard to spot but if you know maps you don't need it and would require at least some effort to spot yet I've seen 0 videos or cases about it

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 21 February 2021 - 11:57 AM.

#12 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:59 AM

Mechwarrior Online is a pretty small community not easy to get away with cheat without someone noticing. You have to be pretty sly and subtle about to get away with it for any length of time

#13 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 11:59 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 21 February 2021 - 11:56 AM, said:

There are pretty much 4 cheats:
- RAC macros got fixed by PGI
- value alteration which is impossible in this game due to checks that happen when you try to search for multiplayer game
- aimbot (which works only for lasers and useless for projectile weapons) for which game has built in spectator tool so they get reported extremely fast
- wallhack probably only one that would be hard to spot but if you know maps you don't need it and would require at least some effort to spot yet I've seen 0 videos or cases about it

Just curious.. how are you such an expert on cheaters and hacks? Also, when one speaks so definitively about things (ie. things are either black or white), it just makes any arguments they make weak.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2021 - 11:59 AM.

#14 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:01 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 February 2021 - 11:59 AM, said:

Just curious.. how are you such an expert on cheaters and hacks? Also, when one speaks so definitively about things (ie. things are either black or white), it just makes any arguments they make weak.

There always someone out there who will take the time to find a way to cheat. Why I don't know is fun for them too cheat? is it a ego thing? beating the man? just being a troll? who knows

#15 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:05 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 February 2021 - 11:59 AM, said:

Just curious.. how are you such an expert on cheats and hacks? Also, when one speaks so definitively about things (ie. things are either black or white), it just makes any arguments they make weak.

Playing video games for 20 years
RACro was quite massive shitstorm
Talked a lot with guys who were ******* around with game files out of curiosity and to make funny vids in training grounds (like 500kph assaults)
Seen probably all MWO aimbot videos on youtube linked by your hack accusing predecessors
Got hackusated in this game probably over 100 times

Most infamous: Posted Image

And most hilarious one was someone said my PPCs were curving over terrain when I was poptarting with SMN.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 21 February 2021 - 12:08 PM.

#16 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:09 PM

Again unless you post video of someone aimbotting (which you should be sending to PGI customer support and not forums) this is nothing more then a butthurt thread.

#17 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:11 PM

View PostSirSmokes, on 21 February 2021 - 12:01 PM, said:

There always someone out there who will take the time to find a way to cheat. Why I don't know is fun for them too cheat? is it a ego thing? beating the man? just being a troll? who knows

Yep, cheaters will always exist.. despite some people denying it.. pgi has to show community that they are aware and taking steps to keep it to a minimum.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2021 - 12:11 PM.

#18 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:14 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 February 2021 - 12:11 PM, said:

Yep, cheaters will always exist.. despite some people denying it.. pgi has to show community that they are aware and taking steps to keep it to a minimum.

Because you're mad that someone beat you and you think they are hacking with no proofs besides 5 year old video of some random dude aimbotting?

#19 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:17 PM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 21 February 2021 - 12:09 PM, said:

Again unless you post video of someone aimbotting (which you should be sending to PGI customer support and not forums) this is nothing more then a butthurt thread.

Were videos submitted against all those that got banned in the last two ban waves long ago? You know what they say about those that deny so vehemently about something...

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 21 February 2021 - 12:19 PM.

#20 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 12:17 PM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 21 February 2021 - 12:14 PM, said:

Because you're mad that someone beat you and you think they are hacking with no proofs besides 5 year old video of some random dude aimbotting?

People cheat and will find ways to cheat people are just like that. That why Olympics is full of people trying to find a way to beat doping tests. If there is a way to get unfair advantage people will find it

Edited by SirSmokes, 21 February 2021 - 12:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users