Add At Least 1 Mech That Can Run 2 Gauss+Ecm And Be Mobile

4 replies to this topic

#1 Vincefeld

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:54 AM

None of existing mechs can take 2 gauss on board with ECM without sacrificing significant amount of armor.

Loadout that vapor eagle 55 tonner! is able to take with xl255 and 6 tonns of ammo without left side armor.

Its almost like a curse and definetly done on purpose to $hit on my dreams of running badass cool sniper behind enemy lines

Nightstar - cant remove hand actuators from is so you cant put gauss in arms, too slow
Thanatos - Cant XL it with Gauss, have to run at assault pace on 75 tonner
Phoenix hawk - not enough tonnage
Fafnit - low engine cap
Marauder II - low engine cap
Sunspider - oversized engine with unremovable heatsinks
Hellbringer - oversized engine with unremovable heatsinks
Night Gyr - small engine, low ballistic hardpoints in arms.
Blood asp - too slow.

Edited by Vincefeld, 24 February 2021 - 01:13 PM.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:59 AM

View PostVincefeld, on 24 February 2021 - 05:54 AM, said:

None of existing mechs can take 2 gauss on board with ECM without sacrificing significant amount of armor.

Its almost like a curse and definetly done on purpose to **** on my dreams of running badass cool sniper behind enemy lines

Blood asp - too slow.

I lol'ed, thank you.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 07:33 AM

ever think maybe there is a reason all those dual gauss ecm capable mechs are gimped like that?

also you do not want to run isxl with a gauss in the torso on grounds that you will be constantly exploding. lfe/cxl is more workable in those situations. you have to explode twice to die.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 February 2021 - 07:36 AM.

#4 Vincefeld

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 01:07 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 February 2021 - 07:33 AM, said:

ever think maybe there is a reason all those dual gauss ecm capable mechs are gimped like that?

also you do not want to run isxl with a gauss in the torso on grounds that you will be constantly exploding. lfe/cxl is more workable in those situations. you have to explode twice to die.

Hey now its only 30 points of pinpoint damage with a terrible dps and infuriating charge up mechanic.
Now what we got in the game:
Vapor eagles carrying brawly heavy and assault loadouts going 85-90kph.
Laser vomits 2-3 shotting people and UAC Mad cat II-B is just oppression palace that throws 60 damage down 600m range like nothing and GOD FORBID if pilot knows how to control arms separately
Anyway i just want to do this gauss stealth for fun to be ninja, not a tier 1 tryhard.

I dont care about exploding as long as i have my armor and speed. With ECM i wont get LRMed to death or swarmed by half of enemy team as soon as they see my marker or minimap icon

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 24 February 2021 - 05:59 AM, said:

I lol'ed, thank you.

Yes ~60kph is painfully slow. I need to move at least 80kph to be able to flank and move around map freely to reposition.

Sunspider is closest thing i can get to work with 2 tonns of armor shaved and even then its minimal 6 tonns of ammo.
If only i could remove 4 doubles from engine. Would run with 85 ammo, fully armored pwning people

Edited by Vincefeld, 24 February 2021 - 02:55 PM.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:46 AM

View PostVincefeld, on 24 February 2021 - 01:07 PM, said:

Hey now its only 30 points of pinpoint damage with a terrible dps and infuriating charge up mechanic.
Now what we got in the game:
Vapor eagles carrying brawly heavy and assault loadouts going 85-90kph.
Laser vomits 2-3 shotting people and UAC Mad cat II-B is just oppression palace that throws 60 damage down 600m range like nothing and GOD FORBID if pilot knows how to control arms separately
Anyway i just want to do this gauss stealth for fun to be ninja, not a tier 1 tryhard.

I dont care about exploding as long as i have my armor and speed. With ECM i wont get LRMed to death or swarmed by half of enemy team as soon as they see my marker or minimap icon

i said there was a reason, i didnt say it was a good one. i once ran an ecm dual gauss hellby, and the thing was not great as you had to strip like a third of your armor to make it work, very unmeta. ecm isnt as effective as it used to be. if you are very good at being sneaky, you shouldn't even need armor.

the gauss is so weak unless were talking hgauss, which seems to be the only one i consider a thread (biggest ppfld in the game). i have a similar problem with ppcs, as its impossible to get more than a 30 point alpha without ghost heat. of course i think a lot of players value ppfld a lot more than they should (without perfect aim, which very few players have, its only theoretical advantage). especially when you can get about 2-2.5x the alpha damage without tripping ghost heat from mixed vomit. you can be significantly less perfect and still get 90% of the hitscan damage output.

same goes for burst ballistics, i like them, but meta players with godlike aiming skills have convinced the masses that ppfld reigns supreme, even with players doing <50% accuracy on their ac20s. like my cac20 is 70% accurate, while the the ac20 is only 62% accurate (you can argue the extra velocity the cac20 has is skewing the results, but the trend is true for the 5 and 10 class which have the same velocity between the tech bases). mostly because i can fix bad aim without throwing out a bunch of damage and heat.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 February 2021 - 08:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users