3 New Minimal Gameplay Feature Suggestions

No replies to this topic

#1 Lutje

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:40 PM

Hi.

I got 3 gameplay suggestions that I think are worth considering for MWO:
  • One thing I have been missing ever now and then when playing MWO in the last 5 years, is the ability to target friendly units in order to coordinate with your unit. For example to check what groups have LRMs equipped and how many LRMs they have equipped, to see the armor and structure conditions of your lance 'mechs e.g. some of them might have Inner Sphere 'mechs equipped with XL engines and even though you cannot see that you can defer if that is possible an issue during combat engagement. Of course this would require a different key mapping than the key used for enemy 'mech targeting to avoid problems when targets overlap.
  • I have no idea if my second suggestion would be imbalanced but otherwise I would enjoy if targeting computers could reduce the minimal range of Inner Sphere LRMs as another strategic element for the 'mech customization. It would probably work best by only a few (~5?) meters per level/tonnage of targeting computer. *Edit: Of course the same principal could be applied to the Clan's targeting computers. Posted Image
  • My third suggestion I think has been suggested before and that is autofire key bindings for the weapons group to use with for example Tag (e.g. for ATM equipped 'mechs that need to be on their toes for enemy stealth 'mechs) and weapons not generating any significant heat such as machine guns and small pulse lasers on 'mechs with enough heat sinks. I considered this could be embedded in the feature for switching between chain and group fire, but that would be annoying for those who want to switch quickly switch between chain an group fire e.g. for heat management when using laser weapons. Again, as with my suggestion nr. 2 the solution is the ability to bind separate keys for autofire groups (I would use weapon group 6 for this since I never use that weapon group for anything else).
Anyways all the best luck with the future of Mechwarrior, MWO has been in my top 3 games if not my favorite game the last 5 years and still is. Posted Image

ATB Lütje. Posted Image

*Btw the numbered list displays as a bulletin list for some reason. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Lutje, 05 March 2021 - 04:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users