Simple Advise On Making Drop Decks And Approach To Fp (Nothing Interesting For Veterans)

Gameplay

3 replies to this topic

#1 multisoul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 11:11 PM

The best mechs for YOU to put in your drop deck:

Choose only mechs with which you almost all games do +200 damage and +6assists in Quick Play and you achieved and contributed to victory. Mechs with wilch you also manage to do solo kills.

So from all your victorious games in QP choose the mechs that apply. Then at least you have the potential to contribute in FP.

Simple approach to FP:
imagine that after finishing a QP game your team receives as bonus for next game to drop an arty on the enemies drop zone when they land - this is what finishing the first wave in FP with more kills than enemy looks like. It is difficult to recover from such a 1st wave.
Or:
imagine that after finishing a QP game your team receives as bonus for next game all the remaining armour from the last game.

P.S.:
if you HAVE to use trials - test them in QP first

Edited by multisoul, 11 March 2021 - 06:31 AM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 07:20 PM

some players its not uncommon to run 3 duplicates of the same heavy metamech and one other mech to fill in the remaining tonnage. others like to carry a mech of every class, i will try to do that, sometimes you get a call for a specific mech class. doctrine dictates fattest mechs first, unless otherwise called. i interpret that as slowest mech first, rather than fattest, as its not unusual to have a fat mech that is actually faster than a less fat mech.

i prefer mechs with the highest brownie points, which is an equally weighted triad with k/d, w/l, and damage/match making up each side. brownie points are the sum of the sides. id love for my spreadsheet to do an isometric plot for each mech, but my spreadsheet fu is not as strong as id like. but if i need a mech that is good at say damage, i can always sort the list by that and ignore the brownies. its not perfect, like a lot of these are qp stats. also triad weights are based on min, average, and max value mapped 0 to 0.5 to 1, and an outlier can easily throw that off. i try my best to filter those out, but they still eek by every now and then. i also list my mechs by seniority, that is number of games played, i consider the stats on well seasoned mechs to be better than equivalent stats on a less used mech. i will sometimes use the meta builds from grim mechs, but will only use them in decks if they have a good brownie point rating after about 50 games. i try to get my deck to have as many brownie points as possible.

also keep in mind that you also have the option to pick mechs which are better suited for whatever map/mode comes up. so i keep drop in alternates in my favorites, with only 3 decks i usually keep a brawly deck and a campy deck, with the extra deck the other tech base in case i need to switch to make a game happen. but i find more often than not to be rebuilding them while in the lobby.

you can also bring mechs which feel like you do better, but be warned those feelings are more often than not false. perhaps they are just fun mechs that feel good to play regardless of the outcome of the match. when i started keeping spreadsheets, i discovered a lot of my go to mechs were not as good as i thought they were and that i had better performing alternatives.

#3 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 06 March 2021 - 06:22 AM

you get two dropdecks default.
i suggest you choose a side (clan or IS) and create a ranged deck and a mixed range/brawly deck.
have your slowest mech as your 1st wave, and save your fastest for last.

i suggest you consider every dropdeck possible that may be created from the mechs you own and enjoy and be ready to swap mechs into and out of your existing dropdecks when you have the opportunity when you first get a game. remember to hit SELECT.
try to only use mechs you are comfortable in, mechs you have 91SP on and in which you can move and shoot without second guessing.
if you are not sure which dropdeck to bring, in the minute before the match when you can text to the other players in your team, ask them what they are bringing?

you have a greater chance of getting a game when the queue is busy and the call to arms is advertising for your side.
you have an increased chance of getting games if you are in a grouped with a friend.
you will have an easier time if your team is displayed on the right as the team on the left is always the attacker.
you will perhaps be pitted against groups of players who have done this before, and even against groups who play rough.
you will possibly be subjected to abuse via VOIP but this is often avoidable by listening, thinking, and working with the other players.
you should not expect to do the same amounts of damage you might do in quickplay, though you may do more.
good luck o7

#4 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 09 March 2021 - 04:00 AM

My 2 cents.
IS mechs - Warhammers. 3 of them and whatever you want to bring as a kicker. Warhammer with 3 LL + 4 ERMed or Dual Gauss and 4 ER med you can Brawl okish but your trade is fantastic. AMS with a 1/2 ton of ammo.

Clan - Hellbringer 3 of them and what ever you want as a kicker, 2 Heavy large and 4 ER med. Super high alpha (try hold it on one component) Great range great trading. ECM and make sure grab the ECM nodes. you become invisible !!!

and for the love of GODDO NOT REINFORCE!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users