Did Mw5 Dlc Die Or Something?

32 replies to this topic

#1 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:46 AM

I haven't been keeping up, but its been a LONGGGGG time already. Any updates?

#2 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:52 AM

Im still waiting for a steam release. is it up yet? work been busy lately.

#3 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 12:48 PM

They planned to release it at the same time as MW5 for XBOX or something.

#4 Chris Lowrey

Design Consultant

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:17 PM

View PostNightbird, on 01 March 2021 - 12:48 PM, said:

They planned to release it at the same time as MW5 for XBOX or something.

This^

The full announcement for this can be found here:

https://mw5mercs.com...al-announcement

Believe me, the team is just as anxious to get both the DLC and the Steam/GoG release in all of your hands too.

#5 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:21 PM

It has been beyond a year after their Exclusivity Deal. At this point, I wish it did so I can finally stop thinking about it.

View PostChris Lowrey, on 01 March 2021 - 02:17 PM, said:

Believe me, the team is just as anxious to get both the DLC and the Steam/GoG release in all of your hands too.

I wish I could believe that. Even Russ was looking forward to CP2077 than their own game, imagine having little faith on your own product. And we're supposed to pay around 60$ for it?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 01 March 2021 - 03:22 PM.

#6 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:26 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 01 March 2021 - 03:21 PM, said:

I wish I could believe that. Even Russ was looking forward to CP2077 than their own game, imagine having little faith on your own product. And we're supposed to pay around 60$ for it?

Other issues aside, this is a silly complaint. Have you developed games or similar things before? You get bored as hell of the stuff you're working on yourself. It becomes a job and that takes away the fun and magic of it. Interpreting this as a negative about their own product, rather than as a positive for one of the most highly anticipated games ever, is a stretch.

Edited by Heavy Money, 01 March 2021 - 03:28 PM.

#7 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 01 March 2021 - 03:35 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 01 March 2021 - 03:26 PM, said:

Other issues aside, this is a silly complaint. Have you developed games or similar things before? You get bored as hell of the stuff you're working on yourself. It becomes a job and that takes away the fun and magic of it. Interpreting this as a negative about their own product, rather than as a positive for one of the most highly anticipated games ever, is a stretch.

It's like a chef that doesn't like his own cooking, why do you expect people to like what you serve if you're even tired of it? How do you expect player confidence when you're not even confident with your own product?

If you're bored at your own game, why leave it as it is instead of further develop it? So they just wasted 1 whole year, and the epic money that screwed the rest of us over. And all they can show for it is the game at a state that they aren't even confident for?

It's easy to just say "you don't develop ****, we do" like diva. But you know, you're right, I just pay for it, and now I won't.

And it all depends on if I want to get it or not. Do you know the phrase "it's X that only a mother could love"? Imagine that mother doesn't even love what she created. How do you expect us to like it and pay for it?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 01 March 2021 - 03:39 PM.

#8 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:24 PM

View PostChris Lowrey, on 01 March 2021 - 02:17 PM, said:

I'm more anxious for MWO to get some quality dev loving to be honest. Posted Image

#9 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:25 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 01 March 2021 - 03:35 PM, said:

It's like a chef that doesn't like his own cooking

Yeah, but its not tho.
Russ didn't say he doesn't like his own game. He said he was really looking forward to Cyberpunk.
Chefs also look forward to seeing what other chefs come up with.

For you to be correct in this analogy, Russ would have had to say he doesn't like his own games. Did I just miss that part of the clip? I only listened to a few seconds. If he said that then you've got an argument. If not, you're just doing hyperbole again.

We get it that you don't like Russ or the decisions that have been made (probably for good reason.) But the endless hyperbole about what has been said, and reading all this malice into benign statements, is tiresome and discredits your actual complaints.

#10 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:43 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 01 March 2021 - 04:25 PM, said:

Yeah, but its not tho.
Russ didn't say he doesn't like his own game. He said he was really looking forward to Cyberpunk.
Chefs also look forward to seeing what other chefs come up with.

Guy has been looking forward for only the CP2077 for the last 2 to 3 years. He's infatuated with the game for 2 to 3 years, that's not a healthy appreciation of the competition, that's straight up obsession.

In that 2 to 3 years, MWO for a small part was still getting attention, MW5 was getting developed and eventually released. And his eye is on something else.

For you to be correct in this analogy, Russ would have had to say he doesn't like his own games. Did I just miss that part of the clip? I only listened to a few seconds. If he said that then you've got an argument. If not, you're just doing hyperbole again.

And for you actually get a handle why, spend years under his mismanagement. It's not just some line, it's an icing to the cake, to what has been apparent for years. He barely plays his own game, and when he does it's the event.

We get it that you don't like Russ or the decisions that have been made (probably for good reason.) But the endless hyperbole about what has been said, and reading all this malice into benign statements, is tiresome and discredits your actual complaints.

That's because you're new to this, you don't know what the rest of us have been through.

Oh, he sounds like a hero now that they're trying to revitalize MWO, that they're trying to take a sensible choice for delaying MW5. It's easy to keep your chin up arriving at the pieces of the once good game, not when you have to watch it fall apart.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 01 March 2021 - 05:00 PM.

#11 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:06 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 01 March 2021 - 04:43 PM, said:

Guy has been looking forward for only the CP2077 for the last 2 to 3 years. He's infatuated with the game for 2 to 3 years, that's not a healthy appreciation of the competition, that's straight up obsession.

Infatuated is a strong word. Do we think he's been neglecting his games while drooling over Cyberpunk trialers for hours on end or something? If so, please provide a citation for this level of hyperbole.

See, you use so much exaggeration and hyperbole, but then say that I don't get it because I'm new. But your level of exaggeration and hyperbole about the stuff I can see is so out of proportion that it convinces me that you're also exaggerating all the other stuff too. This is what I mean when I say you discredit your complaints.

Other people also complain about Russ, but despite that, my general impression is moving in the direction that Russ probably didn't do much wrong. This is based solely on you making such ridiculous and obviously untrue claims. You are actively persuading me, and probably others, that all the people who complain about Russ are wild-eyed conspiracy theorist super exaggerator types.

So please, if this is a real issue, stop making such hyperbolic claims. You can just present what actually happened and not invent implausible intentions and obsessions.

Edited by Heavy Money, 01 March 2021 - 05:10 PM.

#12 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:08 PM

I'd have interest in mw5 if I could mod it myself or use steam work shop to dl mods but since mw5 can't do that I don't have the money to spend on it or dlc. Skyrim however lives on due to many new mods.

I bet $60 will get a lot of games come the steam summer sale.

#13 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:12 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 01 March 2021 - 05:06 PM, said:

Infatuated is a strong word.

Do we think he's been neglecting his games while drooling over Cyberpunk trialers for hours on end or something? If so, please provide a citation for this level of hyperbole.

Drooling on the trailer? No. What you're asking is like the Crocoduck right now, that's not the sentiment.

"2 to 3 years"

"The only one"

If you can't understand the implication of that, I can't help you.

See, you use so much exaggeration and hyperbole, but then say that I don't get it because I'm new.

How am I supposed to read that? I "use" exaggerations and hyperbole, therefore you're not new? Impeccable logic right there.

But your level of exaggeration and hyperbole about the stuff I can see is so out of proportion that it convinces me that you're also exaggerating all the other stuff too. This is what I mean when I say you discredit your complaints.

That's genetic fallacy by the way, if you want to play the reasonable one, you shouldn't resort to fallacies. Not because the disinterest that I see from Russ is seemingly exaggerated, doesn't mean everything else I said is. You think that it's out of proportion is because you are exactly new, just go ask around.

You weren't there when MWO was collapsing, you haven't been thoroughly frustrated when you put faith in PGI, and seen a lot of BS coming from them. You didn't see the blunder that is the engine desync, the blunder that is energy weapons rebalance, etc. You still have that faith that PGI knows what they are doing.

And to realize that Russ, the head of the company, is more stoked about another game, than their own product, that doesn't give me faith to their product either.

Other people also complain about Russ, but despite that, my general impression is moving in the direction that Russ probably didn't do much wrong. This is based solely on you making such ridiculous and obviously untrue claims. You are actively persuading me, and probably others, that all the people who complain about Russ are wild-eyed conspiracy theorist super exaggerator types.

I honestly don't care about what you think.

If you can debunk the lots of complaints of others just because of one you happen to disagree with, the problem is exactly your way of thinking. Again, that's genetic fallacy.

So please, if this is a real issue, stop making such hyperbolic claims. You can just present what actually happened and not invent implausible intentions and obsessions.

Oh so this is exactly the problem, that's you reading into things wrong.

I am not saying Russ neglected MWO/MW5 for CP2077, I simply do not have faith on his product, when he's not that stoked of it.

You mean this didn't happen?

Edited by The6thMessenger, 01 March 2021 - 06:04 PM.

#14 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:30 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 01 March 2021 - 05:08 PM, said:

I'd have interest in mw5 if I could mod it myself or use steam work shop to dl mods but since mw5 can't do that I don't have the money to spend on it or dlc. Skyrim however lives on due to many new mods.

I bet $60 will get a lot of games come the steam summer sale.

Yeah.

True modding is what you can do yourself, not just download and install mods from other people. I mean what if mods are incompatible? In the Fallout/Skyrim, that is what the xEdit is primarily used for, IIRC.

#15 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:44 PM

View PostMeep Meep, on 01 March 2021 - 04:24 PM, said:

I'm more anxious for MWO to get some quality dev loving to be honest. Posted Image

while im fairly interested in buying the mw5 dlc, it too will be a month long distraction and nothing more, much like the core mw5 game. i actually think i spent more time playing the mods than the stock game. and that doesnt say much for the stock game. there are several games i play where running stock is as much fun as running mods. this is not one of those games. i view their dlc as an opportunity for a redux, but we all know how much pgi loves to waste opportunities.

it does look like mwo population has been picking back up, which is a good thing. perhaps its enough to end the development hiatus. but i have a feeling that mw5 dlc and xbox versions are a speed bump we have to get over before that really kicks into gear.

Edited by LordNothing, 01 March 2021 - 05:47 PM.

#16 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:44 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 01 March 2021 - 05:12 PM, said:

That's genetic fallacy by the way, if you want to play the reasonable one, you shouldn't resort to fallacies. Not because the disinterest that I see from Russ is seemingly exaggerated, doesn't mean everything else I said is. You think that it's out of proportion is because you are exactly new, just go ask around.

You weren't there when MWO was collapsing, you haven't been thoroughly frustrated when you put faith in PGI, and seen a lot of BS coming from them. You didn't see the blunder that is the engine desync, the blunder that is energy weapons rebalance, etc. You still have that faith that PGI knows what they are doing.

And to realize that Russ, the head of the company, is more stoked about another game, than their own product, that doesn't give me faith to their product either.

Eh. I'm a Closed Beta Founder and I'm with the other guy.

It's not so much conspiracy theory as just too much emotional investment. I grew up on Mechwarrior 2. I got in early on MWO, ran a comp team that ranked top 15 worldwide and top 5 NA at its height.

I know plenty of people who burned themselves out on getting too emotionally invested in the game. It's important to remember that it's ultimately just that - a game. Devs decide to make a change that I don't like? Dang, that's a bummer. Oh well. Russ is not my close, personal friend and he's not the enemy either. I'll buy products I'm interested in and not buy products I'm not interested in. It doesn't have to be more complicated than that.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 01 March 2021 - 05:46 PM.

#17 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:54 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 01 March 2021 - 05:44 PM, said:

Eh. I'm a Closed Beta Founder and I'm with the other guy.

It's not so much conspiracy theory as just too much emotional investment.

I don't know what you think I'm saying, but I'm not saying Russ left MWO/MW5 for CP2077, I'm saying it's hard to have faith to a product even the developers have little faith on their own product. As in an Epic Deal for ensured revenue which might have been on point since people i've talked to regarded it as a terrible game; as in Russ is interested more in another game's launch so much so that it's the ONLY game he was looking forward to for 2 to 3 years.

And the other guy is accusing me of exaggeration, just for simply explaining it and citing past experiences. For all of your apathetic view of it's pitfalls, doesn't make the bad decisions not bad.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 01 March 2021 - 06:07 PM.

#18 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 March 2021 - 06:27 PM

I was all in on MW5 until the epic exclusive then they lost me permanently on that game.. I'm still here as i love Battletech (not enough to be screwed by Epic though).

But after watching reviews of MW5 and them saying mechs just appear out of thin air.. No drop ships or radar blips, just faze in like ghosts nope that would ruin my gaming completely.. Might be a small detail for some but for me its a deal breaker as much as Epic was.

As others have said the lack of modding on steam is yet another reason i wont be buying MW5, thats if it ever appears on Steam at this point.

Edited by Samial, 01 March 2021 - 06:30 PM.

#19 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 06:34 PM

View PostSamial, on 01 March 2021 - 06:27 PM, said:

As others have said the lack of modding on steam is yet another reason i wont be buying MW5, thats if it ever appears on Steam at this point.

No, you can technically download mods from Nexus and install it manually, maybe even have a Workshop submission.

It's just you can't modify mods or make your own mods without going through the EGS.

#20 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:16 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 01 March 2021 - 05:12 PM, said:

<<<massive amounts of projection and assumptions>>>

A: "Russ is a big evil meanie who hates his own games and has no faith in them"
B: "That seems like an exaggeration. That's not what he said in that clip."
A: "No you just don't get it because you're new and you weren't there if you were there you'd see that its TOTALLY what he said in that clip also i don't care what you think and you can't disprove my complaints blah blah"

Its like if you walked into a bathroom and saw some guy crapping all over the middle of the floor, and upon pointing out that this is bad behavior and makes everyone else dislike him, he started lecturing you about how bathrooms are a place to crap so its good and also how he doesn't care what you think Posted Image

But by all means, do continue!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users