- - - - -

Attention Deficit

7 replies to this topic

#1 havok504

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:32 PM

I was in river city laying down some suppression fire an on a lance of enemy mechs. All of a sudden I go boom.
On the end screen it said Destroyed by Attention Deficit. What does this actually mean? Google search returned 0 results.
How can I avoid such an untimely death in the future?
Thanks.
Posted Image

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,811 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 05 March 2021 - 05:50 PM

A player with the name “Attention Deficit” got you. I will refrain from comment. Posted Image

#3 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 05 March 2021 - 08:15 PM

You will find some people use really cute usernames, when in a match waiting to start just read through names of players on both sides, you will find some really funny ones.

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 01:08 AM

Yeah, also don't photograph your screen in 2021 either press "prnt" (standalone launcher) or "F12" (steam) for a screenshot.
Seismic sensor 1&2 from the sensors skill tree can help you if you get sneaked upon often. Also change your position from time to time. Especially Lasers give away your position quite conveniently. Or stay with the pack, of course, you know, strength in numbers.

#5 havok504

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 07:20 PM

Ah, silly me. Thanks.
And thanks for the tip about screenshoting too, i was trying to figure out how to do it.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 March 2021 - 05:39 AM

And those screenshots are located in the following folder. Go up a folder and you will also see profiles/etc. So unless it is a clean system wipe, if you uninstall and reinstall MWO those folders should still be there.

C:\Users\Windows user name\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\ScreenShots

#7 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 08:12 AM

View Posthavok504, on 06 March 2021 - 07:20 PM, said:

Ah, silly me. Thanks.
And thanks for the tip about screenshoting too, i was trying to figure out how to do it.

You can actually change what button does screenshots, I had to due to my keyboard.

#8 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 March 2021 - 01:55 PM

I love the player names like 'a cute little bunny'. It's funny being killed by such a username and almost too horrifying to kill such a player and seeing that 'X killed a cute little bunny' message..........almost...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users