Disconnecting

7 replies to this topic

#1 Desphiria

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 12:13 PM

I downloaded mechwarrior after being away from ti for a long time and it works but everytime I try to get into a quick game, the map and battle mode selection screen shows up, but then when I try to get into the game, it disconnects from the server and I don't know why, because all the other games I have work perfectly fine. P.S. I dunno where to put this so, if the mods can move it that'd be great.

Edited by Desphiria, 06 March 2021 - 12:14 PM.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 March 2021 - 02:36 PM

Well if it fails consistently on you there, it’s either network or graphics drivers.

Two questions... if you reconnect, does the same thing happen? And does this also happen in testing grounds?

#3 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 March 2021 - 04:41 PM

Are you on Linux?

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 March 2021 - 07:54 PM

For the disconnection. when dropping into combat, have you identified if it happens when dropping on all of the 3 servers or a specific server or two?

1. Depending on the how clean your connection to the servers are, if there are any issues between your connection and the authentication server (always connected to it) then the combat server, if there is high jitter, software on your router, ie SPI, but several routers/gateways wrap that up into the security software (this is separate from hardware NAT), if UDP packets are being held up/released that SPI may be seeing the sudden increase in packets as an attack, temporarily closing that port.

For the above resolution, turn off the router security. You can do this temporary as a check. What is the brand/model of your router or gateway (combo modem/router). For some players across several games, their ISP updated their gateway's firmware which tighten some of those SPI settings, causing gaming connectivity issues.

2. Now, there is also the probability that one of the router management systems your pathing connect to while accessing the servers are having issues. Turning off that router/gateway SPI or security suite (again, this does not disable NAT) may or may not resolve this. The other option to use, again as a troubleshooting step, is to use a VPN, which has the potential of rerouting the game's pathing around that 3rd party router management system.

With one of the posters mentioned, it is possible it could be driver related, but since you say the game disconnects instead of crashing.. but it still has merit.

As for the disconnection. when dropping into combat, it all of the 3 servers or a specific server or two?

#5 Desphiria

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 07:22 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 06 March 2021 - 02:36 PM, said:

Well if it fails consistently on you there, it’s either network or graphics drivers.

Two questions... if you reconnect, does the same thing happen? And does this also happen in testing grounds?

View PostSamial, on 06 March 2021 - 04:41 PM, said:

Are you on Linux?

View PostTarl Cabot, on 06 March 2021 - 07:54 PM, said:

For the disconnection. when dropping into combat, have you identified if it happens when dropping on all of the 3 servers or a specific server or two?

1. Depending on the how clean your connection to the servers are, if there are any issues between your connection and the authentication server (always connected to it) then the combat server, if there is high jitter, software on your router, ie SPI, but several routers/gateways wrap that up into the security software (this is separate from hardware NAT), if UDP packets are being held up/released that SPI may be seeing the sudden increase in packets as an attack, temporarily closing that port.

For the above resolution, turn off the router security. You can do this temporary as a check. What is the brand/model of your router or gateway (combo modem/router). For some players across several games, their ISP updated their gateway's firmware which tighten some of those SPI settings, causing gaming connectivity issues.

2. Now, there is also the probability that one of the router management systems your pathing connect to while accessing the servers are having issues. Turning off that router/gateway SPI or security suite (again, this does not disable NAT) may or may not resolve this. The other option to use, again as a troubleshooting step, is to use a VPN, which has the potential of rerouting the game's pathing around that 3rd party router management system.

With one of the posters mentioned, it is possible it could be driver related, but since you say the game disconnects instead of crashing.. but it still has merit.

As for the disconnection. when dropping into combat, it all of the 3 servers or a specific server or two?

Okay so, no I'm not on Linux, And I tried to check if it's all three or if it's just one and it's all three. I dunno how to turn off router security on a I think links router tower thing.

#6 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 07:26 AM

Could be graphics stuff. Whats your system specs and have you tried swapping between DX9 and DX11?

#7 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 March 2021 - 08:42 AM

People tend to exaggerate when saying the rig is stable or the connection, the ones with problems usually
excluding driver issues and ISP Problems

Well, making sure an anti virus and/or firewall (Windows and Router) do not try to block
You should be able to reach your Router through a Browser at something like 192.168.0.1 (just type it in, could also be 192.168.1.1, should be written on it or in the manual

Otherwise?
install windows again?
Even on my Windows 10 it fixed some things

#8 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:14 PM

View PostDesphiria, on 07 March 2021 - 07:22 AM, said:

Okay so, no I'm not on Linux, And I tried to check if it's all three or if it's just one and it's all three. I dunno how to turn off router security on a I think links router tower thing.

1. Unplug router and get the brand/model off of the label. This also allows for a reboot.
2. Unplug modem and obtain the brand/model off of that label also. Asking on this because some are gateways instead of just a plain modem. A gateway is a combination modem and router. This allows the device to reboot also.

Several players across several games were running into issues where Actiontec C3000A modem had a firmware update from their ISP back in Dec 2020/Jan 2021, which caused issues. This portion is simply an example of what a gateway may have. Some routers or gateways do not have as much options/selections.

https://www.actionte...ys/vdsl/c3000a/

Privacy and security are paramount, and the C3000A provides commercial-grade protection:
WPA/WPA2 wireless Encryption
Customizable Firewall
Stateful Packet Inspection <<<<<<<
Custom Website Filtering
Denial of Service (DOS) Protection
Intrusion Detection and Logging
Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)
Password Attack Prevention

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users