- - - - -

Game Not What I Was Hoping For...

7 replies to this topic

#1 GunnyJC

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 March 2021 - 05:11 PM

I played it for a week and at times it was fun, but most of the time just meh. The game itself is ok, but not much going on as far as communicative strategy, social interaction, etc. In other words, it could be really fun, but my experience so far is that it is not much different than playing a solo game really. Overall I find that online gaming in general is missing that "team" aspect even though I think most players would prefer it, but maybe I am wrong there. Anyway, it is what it is.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 March 2021 - 03:03 AM

Find a group to drop with, eg through the comp discord: https://discord.gg/6wxM5hC

#3 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 03:17 AM

Competitive play and Faction Play have a lot more coordination going on, however FP has been half-dead for ages now which means there isn't much of an endgame to MWO other than tournaments anymore.

#4 GunnyJC

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:49 AM

View PostHorseman, on 07 March 2021 - 03:03 AM, said:

Find a group to drop with, eg through the comp discord: https://discord.gg/6wxM5hC

Just joined...thanks for the link sir! :)

#5 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:46 PM

You start in Tier 5. Tier 5 is OFTEN very quiet, as far as comms go. As you move up, and the more you initiate, the more cohesive the game play is.

Often, you won't hear ANYONE talking, until you speak up. It can be 7 min into a match... and once you make a call/notify of a target, then others will speak up.
The higher you go, the more likely you are to get several members to work together, rather than just a murder ball of chaos.

#6 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:53 PM

View Postchevy42083, on 07 April 2021 - 01:46 PM, said:

Often, you won't hear ANYONE talking, until you speak up. It can be 7 min into a match...
Don't let that discourage you from speaking, though. You shouldn't flood the comms with non-combat chatter or blow-by-blow accounts of what you're doing, but if it's useful information (enemy positions/composition, incoming fire, weak spots, priority targets) then keep it going.

and once you make a call/notify of a target, then others will speak up.
Even if your teammates aren't speaking up they can be listening to - and taking advantage of - your intel. A little coordination is always better than none, so...keep the comms going.

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 08 April 2021 - 05:32 PM

View PostGunnyJC, on 07 March 2021 - 04:49 AM, said:

Just joined...thanks for the link sir! Posted Image

It's been a month. Has your opinion changed? Posted Image

#8 GunnyJC

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 11 April 2021 - 05:19 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 08 April 2021 - 05:32 PM, said:

It's been a month. Has your opinion changed? Posted Image

Hahaha...yes it has. I joined an active group and it has made playing much more enjoyable. Dropping with experienced players is also helping me learn how to be a better player as well though I have far to go. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users