Two Small Gui Upgrades I Would Love!

5 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 10:47 PM

I dunno if there is a thread for this or not, I know dareon was doing some intel threads, but this one i had forgotten about till i started playing again the other day and thought, man this still is not a thing!

First, Some extra Custom filtiers.

Favorites tab in the mech bays wile this is a great thing and all, i have other mechs i want to categorize outside of simple "favorites" For example, mechs i'm leveling, or mechs i need to outfit, or maybe my favorite mechs for a hot map, or short range or what ever.

Please add a few custom tabs for us. There is plenty of room on that bar already so space is not a thing, OR even better right bellow that bar we have now add a full custom bar that we can just add new groups.. Even if it wasn't unlimited, say we can add 3-5 new groups that would be wonderful.

The second is Quirks box, How about a simple hover icon at some point on the mechs profile pic. We get all the quirks which over flows the list, and makes it much harder to see what is what. (does this mech have a missile quirk, or what have you)

I want a simple way to see the base quirks on a mech before i change anything. Being able to see the complete base quirks would be very nice verse the clutter that this quirks box can become. Sure seing the totals is great, but knowing the base quirks is also something you need to know, right now finding that info on a mech that is already skilled up is harder than i'd like. With mech quirks changing in the near future to me this is a really important thing. Right now i either have to check a website, or what i do more often than that is drop into the store page to see the flat base quirks.

A little added mech, and a hover hot spot when you select the mech or even just hover past if you are searching for something would be such a great time saver.

Neither of these sound terribly complicated as they already have the favorites bar, expanding this shouldn't be too hard i wouldn't think. The quirks thing is already sending the data for the main quirks page, so a separate call for each mech i'd think could be done. I actually think this one is harder over all because of the volume of data, unless there was an easy way to pull the base quirk code. Lots of checks for this one, but in the end with all the buffs and quirk changes in the future i think it would be well worth the time spent.

Please think about this, and if anyone has some other little GUI changes, please add them. This is one little bit of polish i would love to see.

Thanks Dareon,
happy gaming!

Edited by JC Daxion, 06 March 2021 - 10:50 PM.

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 07 March 2021 - 01:56 AM

Agree to both.

[First] - I'm one of those with multiple +C-Bills & +XP cockpit hanging/standing items (bought Civil War Ultimate Packs, Loyalty Cockpit item rewards, Stryker Booster Pack, etc.). It's becoming a micromanagement nightmare to keep track which item is on which mech, when I'm trying to equip this onto another mech.

Currently: I have to go the [Select_Mech] section, go thru the 100+ mechs in my stable, mouse hover over each and every one of them to see which one has the cockpit hanging/standing item bonuses to find it!!

Other online games would handle it like this: [eg: ST:O ]
a) Goto mech [Cockpit] section, and on the right hand side it shows the "greyed-out" +%C-Bills hanging item, meaning it's not available, because it's being used on another mech.
b ) Click on this same "greyed-out" +%C-Bills hanging item, and it would show where this item is currently equipped on which specific mech(s). Choose the mech you wish to take this specific +%C-Bills hanging item from, and this +%C-Bills hanging item is now equipped on your current mech!!

[Second] - Agree about the quirks, I actually have to consult with a fan MWO site, MechDB, to view the different quirks for each variant on the same chasis !! This should not happen... forcing players to spend time outside MWO game is player game time lost, possibly affecting MWO sales/income.

http://mech.nav-alpha.com

View PostJC Daxion, on 06 March 2021 - 10:47 PM, said:

...First, Some extra Custom filtiers.

Favorites tab in the mech bays wile this is a great thing and all, i have other mechs i want to categorize outside of simple "favorites" For example, mechs i'm leveling, or mechs i need to outfit, or maybe my favorite mechs for a hot map, or short range or what ever.

Please add a few custom tabs for us. There is plenty of room on that bar already so space is not a thing, OR even better right bellow that bar we have now add a full custom bar that we can just add new groups.. Even if it wasn't unlimited, say we can add 3-5 new groups that would be wonderful.

The second is Quirks box, How about a simple hover icon at some point on the mechs profile pic. We get all the quirks which over flows the list, and makes it much harder to see what is what. (does this mech have a missile quirk, or what have you)

I want a simple way to see the base quirks on a mech before i change anything. Being able to see the complete base quirks would be very nice verse the clutter that this quirks box can become. Sure seing the totals is great, but knowing the base quirks is also something you need to know, right now finding that info on a mech that is already skilled up is harder than i'd like. With mech quirks changing in the near future to me this is a really important thing. Right now i either have to check a website, or what i do more often than that is drop into the store page to see the flat base quirks.

A little added mech, and a hover hot spot when you select the mech or even just hover past if you are searching for something would be such a great time saver.

Neither of these sound terribly complicated as they already have the favorites bar, expanding this shouldn't be too hard i wouldn't think. The quirks thing is already sending the data for the main quirks page, so a separate call for each mech i'd think could be done. I actually think this one is harder over all because of the volume of data, unless there was an easy way to pull the base quirk code. Lots of checks for this one, but in the end with all the buffs and quirk changes in the future i think it would be well worth the time spent.

Please think about this, and if anyone has some other little GUI changes, please add them. This is one little bit of polish i would love to see. ...

Edited by w0qj, 08 March 2021 - 07:36 AM.

#3 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 05:49 AM

1 - Allow an option for larger text, small text is becoming a plague in all kinds of games.

2 - Use actual useful scroll bars. Amazing Windows has been around for way longer than a large number of these online games and has useful functional sized scroll bars yet many games today use this skinny ones that are hard for some to use.

#4 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 March 2021 - 07:29 AM

Allow us to chat while the match is loading..

#5 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 10 March 2021 - 08:11 AM

I just want to increase ui font size so I can read what the ******* tool tip or hud says then maybe I can do play the game easier.

#6 w4ldO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 296 posts

Posted 11 March 2021 - 02:42 AM

wrote that before

solution 1: provide a mechlab ui scale factor
solution 2: provide a mechlab render resolution (propably the easier fix)

1440p: mechlab needs eye squinting
4K: mechlab mostly unuseable
8K: just lol, thank god this game cannot ever run on 8K

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users