5 replies to this topic

#1 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 15 March 2021 - 06:30 AM

Probably going to get one anyway because of Poke' mech, and loving stuff from the 3025 TRO, but how does the Dervish differentiate from the Kintaro?
Tankier / more squishy?
Better / worse hardpoints?
Ballerina / Lard bucket?

I have all the Kints, preferred them as SRM brawlers before nu-tech. (I'm just coming back from a three-ish year hiatus)

I can't Murm worth a crap (yet).

#2 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 06:56 AM

I'd say Dervish is better with Medium Pulse Lasers and MRM and Kintaro is better with SRM. Kintaro is probably harder to kill with those armour quirks and CT missile bay door bonus.

#3 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 15 March 2021 - 08:06 AM

Kintarro is rly good if u make use of the ghost armor (RL10) IN CT. both mrm and srm work well if u dont need the jjs.
Mpl dervish is rly good as well. Ghost armor for side torso

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 15 March 2021 - 08:59 AM.

#4 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 15 March 2021 - 08:48 AM

Derwish can jump, has better Torso YAW rate while having worse pitch rates. Torso Hardpoints are a bit higher than that of the Kintaro
As a purely personal note I got the feeling the Kintaro has the better hitboxes (could be the quirks though !!!) but I'm not sure. So the Kintaro is tankier.
What The Derwish can do better is Lurmzerking. His ability to jump is a good thing to get its own lock ons and return to cover....this way you can be a real pain for your enemy...but this will not show up on your side of the score board or in your wallet.

Overall I think both mechs are far larger than they should be and are far to clumsy and either undergunned or slow to be very effective brawlers.
As medium to short range supporters they are ok'ish but overall boring since you can't realy do anything but stay with your havier mechs and pour MRMs or SRMs into the enemys that are already under fire.
Your absolute nightmare enemys are H-Gauss Fafnirs that can easily one or twohit you (ECM Fafnir with 3 ERM and HGauss)

Edited by The Basilisk, 15 March 2021 - 08:51 AM.

#5 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 01:04 PM

The Dervish can jump but thats really the only benefit (Until we get the KTO K) Other than that it handles like a pig.

I like the KTO18 with the traditional 5x lrm5 and erll or 4x streak6 with a tag. Other contenders are big engine 19 and 20 with pulse lasers and srms.

#6 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:57 PM

A fully skilled KTO18 can 2x MRM 30 with more torso armor than the Quickdraw IVFour. Seriously, not even counting the baydoor armor you get 102 CT armor on it which rivals some assaults.

Edited by Johny Rocket, 18 October 2021 - 05:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users