Terrible Lag (Na Servers?)

5 replies to this topic

#1 nopempele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 199 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:44 PM

Tried to play two matches today and it was a horrible experience due to terrible network stutters. The mechs were moving in a jerky fashion and it felt like the state of the game was "rolled back" for me every 2 seconds or so. Imagine if you are running in a mech and every 2 seconds everything is teleported to a slightly different position.

The displayed ping was actually OK (around 80), but the game was totally unplayable. Both times the matches were routed to NA servers. At least one other player have told me that he has the same experience.

#2 Daythenos

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 07:02 PM

View Postnopempele, on 02 April 2021 - 06:44 PM, said:

Tried to play two matches today and it was a horrible experience due to terrible network stutters. The mechs were moving in a jerky fashion and it felt like the state of the game was "rolled back" for me every 2 seconds or so. Imagine if you are running in a mech and every 2 seconds everything is teleported to a slightly different position.

The displayed ping was actually OK (around 80), but the game was totally unplayable. Both times the matches were routed to NA servers. At least one other player have told me that he has the same experience.

Same for me

#3 Bhodi Li773

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts
  • Locationwww.PhoenixDominion.com

Posted 02 April 2021 - 08:12 PM

Currently the NA server is totally swamped with players and server issues seem to be the result.

#4 Daythenos

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:58 PM

View PostBhodi Li773, on 02 April 2021 - 08:12 PM, said:

Currently the NA server is totally swamped with players and server issues seem to be the result.

Well it's the 5th now and mechs are still teleporting for me. Anyone else?

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 April 2021 - 03:37 PM

From Mike Forst twitter account

Mike Forst

@PGI_MikeForst

Today on “When #MWO Capacity Planning Goes Wrong, N+1 Edition”: we found out the hard way that we actually have N+.95 capacity, and only found out due to a fault which occurred in an atypical way that evaded tests. 1/x

This new factor has been accounted for now and the capacity plan is being updated. We are also taking the opportunity to modernize some of the hardware platforms because hey, we’re already working on this so we might as well as do it all instead of half now and half later. 3/x

We hope to get the new stuff up and running for tonight. I hate to promise it for today just because my long history with computers has taught me that the term ETA is actually a curse with terrible powers which will strive to undo all your good works. 4/x

The above 3 hours ago, but about a few minutes ago around 6:30pm CST on MWO twitter account the following

We did it! We've deployed the NA servers to new hardware! We're super excited for smooth gaming, extra redundancy, and that new hardware smell! Take the new DS's for a spin tonight and let us know what you think! #MWO #MechWarrior

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 07 April 2021 - 03:40 PM.

#6 The Miniboss

Rookie

• The Moonwalker
  • The Moonwalker
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2021 - 06:14 PM

I never had the issue before the 7th, but post patch now I get intermittent stuttering every 30 seconds or so. It's consistent 5 matches in a row, even though I'm at 30-50 ping each match. Other games on the same machine seem to work fine. Tried restarting the modem, computer, and no change.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users