1 reply to this topic

#1 AllanRN

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:49 AM

Hi Mechwarriors,

I moved to the Apple ecosystem years ago and play MWO on a bootcamped IMac (incoming missiles detected deploying AMS). I’m looking to get a gaming laptop for around £1k give or take 10% to use whilst I work away from home. It’s years since I used to put my own pc together and things have moved on so any advice from more current folk would be appreciated.

Abuse, banter or helpful advice appreciated!

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 12:33 PM

supposedly its a horrible time to buy computer parts. crypto miners have resorted to buying laptops just for their gaming gpus. not to mention sales of electronics is way up due to the pandemic. try to find a cheap webcam right now. and at last i checked the $500 video card (2070 super mini) i bought a year or so ago now costs $1300. id sell it if i didn't think i could make more mining with it. so good luck.

im still debating how to spend my stimulus myself. im either just going to buy a huge screen, some new nvme drives, a better case and some thermodynamic gear. or a core components upgrade. normally $1400 would be enough for a complete build.

Edited by LordNothing, 05 April 2021 - 12:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users