#1 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:49 AM

Well, yeah, I not know how else may I call it:

MWO shows my mech step forth. Show no enemy step forth. I walk there and back on the map. Not even hit by anything (no hit indicator whatsoever) but the game tells me I got destroyed and died.

WTF?!
And three times in a row what is not a coincidence! Not server response thing because response limits are about 30s before disconnect but I took more than a minute in the arenas!

So, really... What the heck just happened three times in a row? Someone cheated or the game have a very big, stinking BUG?

#2 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:58 AM

1.)you not seeing what behind you on the Map,when you not ,or a other have a direct LOS ...here no Autodetection and Radar in same Sense like the Other MW Titles
2:) You have a very bad Connection and heavy lags or Internet problems

#3 II Marauder II

• PipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 02:10 PM

Solaris has very high end players, very able to destroy you without you even realising how.

Better quickplay for now.

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 10:44 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 06 April 2021 - 12:49 AM, said:

Well, yeah, I not know how else may I call it:

MWO shows my mech step forth. Show no enemy step forth. I walk there and back on the map. Not even hit by anything (no hit indicator whatsoever) but the game tells me I got destroyed and died.

WTF?!
And three times in a row what is not a coincidence! Not server response thing because response limits are about 30s before disconnect but I took more than a minute in the arenas!

So, really... What the heck just happened three times in a row? Someone cheated or the game have a very big, stinking BUG?

If you think that somebody is cheating, use this e-mail to report him:
moderation@mwomercs.com

Good thing, if you can attach screenshots or videos of the game to your e-mail message.

#5 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:14 AM

View PostII Marauder II, on 06 April 2021 - 02:10 PM, said:

Solaris has very high end players, very able to destroy you without you even realising how.

More like there are a few niche players who know how to exploit map faults and meta to the point they are unable to play any other format (so not high end, just niche to a pitifully small part of MWO) etc. OP is stating he hadn't taken damage, just getting a destroyed report and the match closing . . . so, no weapon damage, no doll damage, no weapons fire noise, just destroyed; you can understand his post if this is the case.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:19 AM

This may or may not be connected to the issues NA servers have experienced lately. Difficult to say.

#7 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:31 PM

View PostPeppaPig, on 07 April 2021 - 01:14 AM, said:

More like there are a few niche players who know how to exploit map faults and meta to the point they are unable to play any other format (so not high end, just niche to a pitifully small part of MWO) etc. OP is stating he hadn't taken damage, just getting a destroyed report and the match closing . . . so, no weapon damage, no doll damage, no weapons fire noise, just destroyed; you can understand his post if this is the case.

May something like this.
When a Solaris match starts both players' mech showed step forth (usually assaults against my heavies). In the mentioned case(s) only my mech were shown while the enemy mech are not just an empty place. I tought he got wrong\disconnected while I did not so started to wander around on the map...
Then PUFF!!! I declared killed. Just like that. Perhaps server error (albeit I were on European server)...

Good thing, if you can attach screenshots or videos of the game to your e-mail message.

How can I record MWO matches? I saw many videos on YT and wonder since a while how did those recorded?

EDIT:
Before it happened I just won my first S7 match (now 17 loss, 1 tie and 1 won, baaaaad I know but S7, well, not fair) on the NA server and have no trouble with that. So perhaps not-so-server-based this whole thing. I not want to accuse anyone with cheating and admit I not remember the name of the first guy caused the first two cases but the third case were against some [redacted] or what... Not sure to be frank, my name-memory is rather bad...

I am more like to FP. FP is the reason I wanted to try MWO since ages. QP is just weapon-test for me or option to quickly accumulate event stuffs (easier to complete event goals in QP, far more easier, almost like a soft-cheat)...

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 15 April 2021 - 10:05 PM.

#8 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:20 PM

Nvidia, if you have a decent card/cpu etc., already has a game recording function that works pretty well. Can access it through GeForce Experience App and the in-game overlay option. Pretty sure there's a short cut key combo as well.

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:58 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 08 April 2021 - 12:31 PM, said:

May something like this.
When a Solaris match starts both players' mech showed step forth (usually assaults against my heavies). In the mentioned case(s) only my mech were shown while the enemy mech are not just an empty place.

Sounds like he was already moving when your game started showing the animation. I've seen a glitch similar to what you're describing, but for me that usually took the form of the animation showing twice, the second time after we both began moving.

Were you loaded into the lobby before the match began?

I tought he got wrong\disconnected while I did not so started to wander around on the map...
Then PUFF!!! I declared killed. Just like that. Perhaps server error (albeit I were on European server)...
That is odd, do you know what chassis did your opponent run? It would be on the end of match summary.

I suspect something like a stealth Fafnir or a Rocket Launcher boat could legitimately create this kind of one-shot kills if it caught you unaware.

Edited by Horseman, 08 April 2021 - 02:05 PM.

#10 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 02:05 AM

Without any footage material I find it hard to make an assessment of what happened here, but it sounds more like a serversided issue than any hacking.

#11 Dogmeat1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 123 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 10 April 2021 - 05:57 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 07 April 2021 - 01:14 AM, said:

More like there are a few niche players who know how to exploit map faults and meta to the point they are unable to play any other format (so not high end, just niche to a pitifully small part of MWO) etc.

Who exactly are these few niche players who are uanble to play any other format? These are the QP stats of players who finished in the top 25 overall (in alphabetical order) last season;

https://leaderboard....+l%0D%0AAweDeus

and for reference here are your stats;

https://leaderboard....arch?u=PeppaPig

Even the worst player on that list is still well above the average MWO player and yourself so I'm really not sure who you are refering to.

Edited by Dogmeat1, 11 April 2021 - 04:11 AM.

#12 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:39 AM

View PostDogmeat1, on 10 April 2021 - 05:57 AM, said:

Who exactly are these players who are these few niche players who are uanble to play any other format? These are the QP stats of players who finished in the top 25 overall (in alphabetical order) last season;

https://leaderboard....+l%0D%0AAweDeus

and for reference here are your stats;

https://leaderboard....arch?u=PeppaPig

Even the worst player on that list is still well above the average MWO player and yourself so I'm really not sure who you are refering to.

Hey, check my stats! If currently I not listed among the worst 100 players then your linked datas are inaccurate\obsolate or MWO is close to disappear in a collapsing black-hole...

View PostPeppaPig, on 08 April 2021 - 01:20 PM, said:

Nvidia, if you have a decent card/cpu etc., already has a game recording function that works pretty well. Can access it through GeForce Experience App and the in-game overlay option. Pretty sure there's a short cut key combo as well.

I have an Asus card. So some extra software suggestions may work for me since Asus have no such integrated options like Nvidia...

#13 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 April 2021 - 05:20 AM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 10 April 2021 - 07:39 AM, said:

I have an Asus card. So some extra software suggestions may work for me since Asus have no such integrated options like Nvidia...

ASUS doesn't manufacture GPUs, They're a subvendor who purchases GPUs from AMD and Nvidia and builds a card around them meeting the GPU vendor's specifications.
Use https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ to indentify what you've actually got.

#14 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 April 2021 - 08:06 AM

View PostHorseman, on 11 April 2021 - 05:20 AM, said:

ASUS doesn't manufacture GPUs, They're a subvendor who purchases GPUs from AMD and Nvidia and builds a card around them meeting the GPU vendor's specifications.
Use https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ to indentify what you've actually got.

I started a new topic about it since we went offtopic with the recording parts.
As for the strange S7 things... It have some weird moment. Yesterday I could not use one of my mechs because MWO stated it is deployed in S7 match (?!) albeit not even looked at the S7 section in the last 3 days... Perhaps server trash data leftover thing or poltergeists haunt my PC. Nevertheless I will change my password in case if some unauthorised person cause these troubles...

#15 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 187 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:59 PM

View PostDuke Falcon, on 10 April 2021 - 07:39 AM, said:

Hey, check my stats! If currently I not listed among the worst 100 players then your linked datas are inaccurate\obsolate or MWO is close to disappear in a collapsing black-hole...

Here are your stats. They are pulled directly from MWO leaderboards so they are as accurate as they can be given the data available. https://leaderboard....h?u=Duke+Falcon .

There are several ways you can record matches. If you have a GeForce graphics card, the easiest way is via GeForce Experience which comes bundled with the graphics drivers.

If you don't have a GeForce card or GeForce experience you can also download a program to record your screen, the most popular being OBS and Streamlabs OBS. It takes a little setting up, but there are plenty of tutorials on the internet to help you if you are so inclined to record (or even stream) your matches

Edited by Rosarius, 05 June 2021 - 03:00 PM.

#16 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 June 2021 - 11:26 PM

View PostRosarius, on 05 June 2021 - 02:59 PM, said:

If you don't have a GeForce card or GeForce experience you can also download a program to record your screen, the most popular being OBS and Streamlabs OBS. It takes a little setting up, but there are plenty of tutorials on the internet to help you if you are so inclined to record (or even stream) your matches

We went over that in his other thread... if his GPU is any indication, his machine is too ancient to handle recording and running MWO at the same time.

#17 jamesbombed00420

• PipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 June 2021 - 10:39 AM

If it takes longer than a few seconds for the map to load chances are the match is already live by the time you think it is starting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users