14 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:52 AM

Recently, the United States Navy released video of a "pyramid" shaped U.F.O.

What I would like to present is a simple concept.

There are several structures here on earth, temples, and tombs alike shaped as a pyramid. Could these builders of these great structures have copied the shape of something they saw in the skies?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "YES!". What's your opinion?

#2 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:22 AM

No....basic geometric shapes and forms are based on basic physics wich are again based on the basic prinziples our very reality is working.
So finding the same prinziples working in the eye of lets say a mamalian organism and in that of a giant squid is not magic or some sort of alien tampering in our genes but rather a logical manifestation of the laws of nature since both organisms are fundamentaly different on a molecular level but subject to the same laws of physiks.

If you want some takes on alien life:

Edited by The Basilisk, 19 April 2021 - 08:25 AM.

#3 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 April 2021 - 02:32 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 19 April 2021 - 06:52 AM, said:

Recently, the United States Navy released video of a "pyramid" shaped U.F.O.

What I would like to present is a simple concept.

There are several structures here on earth, temples, and tombs alike shaped as a pyramid. Could these builders of these great structures have copied the shape of something they saw in the skies?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "YES!". What's your opinion?

I like UFO's but not ET stuff

my fav youtube vid that had the TR-3B and the RQ180 disappeared off you tube

the TR-3B looks like a triangle (some may say pyramid)

#4 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:17 PM

U.F.O unindentified Flying Object, not Alien Flying Object A.F.O.
How many secrets the Nature has in the pocket? like Plasmastructures, Ball lightnings

and Drones for example can have many Forms

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:16 PM

sure that wasn't a clip from stargate?

a space craft can be pretty much any shape. ships with torch drives might be long and skinny to handle high g loads. flying saucers really dont make much sense in that situation except possibly as small craft, a large saucer would require more reinforcement due to tensile loading and would be a poor use of structural mass. nor are saucers effective aircraft. the traditional cigar shaped alien spacecraft make more sense.

non ftl interstellar vessels would need to be too big for atmospheric operations and would need shuttles. ftl ships, as best as our monkey brains can figure out, would be larger still. most of the classic depictions of ufos are too small to be used for interstellar travel. you really want to live in a winnebago for 100 years?

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 19 April 2021 - 06:17 PM, said:

U.F.O unindentified Flying Object, not Alien Flying Object A.F.O.
How many secrets the Nature has in the pocket? like Plasmastructures, Ball lightnings

and Drones for example can have many Forms

i once saw a ufo as a child, mid 80s, it looked a lot like an f-117. i saw it at an airshow later on in my teens. i think they were still classified tech back then and we were living in the california desert not too far from area51 where it would have been tested.

Edited by LordNothing, 19 April 2021 - 07:20 PM.

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 07:22 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 19 April 2021 - 02:32 PM, said:

I like UFO's but not ET stuff

my fav youtube vid that had the TR-3B and the RQ180 disappeared off you tube

the TR-3B looks like a triangle (some may say pyramid)

triangular makes sense for atmospheric operation. but they are not a great shape for a space craft.

#7 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:29 AM

All it takes to keep a craft of any shape aloft is a product of thrust. Enough to fly, or hover. For example, the Mythbusters did an experiment concerning a "concrete glider", that is to say a glider made out of concrete, as rumor that portions of the German V-2 rocket had been crafted out of concrete. A spokesperson from NASA said that it all comes down to the amount of thrust, or propulsion used. So a triangle ship is not out of the question.

(Sorry I know that I mention Mythbusters now and again, but I loved that show. Thanks Jamie and Adam Posted Image)

#8 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 23 April 2021 - 12:23 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 22 April 2021 - 07:29 AM, said:

All it takes to keep a craft of any shape aloft is a product of thrust. Enough to fly, or hover. For example, the Mythbusters did an experiment concerning a "concrete glider", that is to say a glider made out of concrete, as rumor that portions of the German V-2 rocket had been crafted out of concrete. A spokesperson from NASA said that it all comes down to the amount of thrust, or propulsion used. So a triangle ship is not out of the question.

(Sorry I know that I mention Mythbusters now and again, but I loved that show. Thanks Jamie and Adam Posted Image)

Nothing to apologize for dude. A critical but openminded and scientific approach to the world is what most people are totaly missing.

Regarding the possible function of non classical aerodynamic, aerostatic(floatational) or reaction drives there have been some realy depressing discoverys been made recently.

EM-Drive (also cannae, or lem-drive): https://www.grenzwis...thrust20210321/

And those guys know their stuff. Would realy liked the concept of a direct conversation of electric or electromagnetic to impulse energy.

Soliton Warp-drive: https://iopscience.i...361-6382/abe692
https://www.uni-goet...%29/641455.html

While not as impossible as the alcubiere Warp drive our main problem is still generating enough power i.e. having something with a practical weight to power output ratio. Even fision or fusion power cores would be insufficient by multiple potencies.

Well thats from me.Posted Image

#9 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 04:34 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 22 April 2021 - 07:29 AM, said:

the devil is in the details. materials tend to be stronger in compression and significantly weaker in shear or tension. and since mass is the enemy of space flight, you want to build in a way that uses the least material. if you got a torch drive that can maintain a constant several gs. then you really want your ship built vertically like on the expanse. a flying saucer with the torch in the center and the floor plan extending wide in either direction would put the structure under tensile loads, and since the materials cant handle those loads as well as compression, you must build beefier. more mass more fuel and all the other implications of the tsiolkovsky rocket equation.

while its true you can make anything fly with enough boosters (as any serious ksp player like myself will tell you), if you want any kind of endurance, and space requires extreme endurance, you must build as efficiently as possible. even if you got some fictional drive that can sustain 10 gs (its even more important in this situation because of the stresses involved). just because you can build a glider out of concrete or a balloon out of lead, doesn't mean you should.

triangular is good in a very specific situation, thats wherever you need to land/launch on a planet with an atmosphere. the space shuttle is the best example of a belly lander and it to is triangular. it was terrible, but designs like the skylon would be significantly better. but a ship meant for this purpose is not the best shape for space flight actual, especially interstellar transfers. at relativistic velocities the extra width of a wing becomes a liability. at those speeds a microscopic grain of dust becomes a nuclear weapon, and its easier to shield a long skinny space craft than a delta wing (in any orientation).

and of course thats barring any fantasy technology like ftl drives and propellentless drives. if those existed you would see a lot more aliens.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 April 2021 - 04:44 PM.

#10 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 05:07 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 23 April 2021 - 12:23 AM, said:

Nothing to apologize for dude. A critical but openminded and scientific approach to the world is what most people are totaly missing.

Regarding the possible function of non classical aerodynamic, aerostatic(floatational) or reaction drives there have been some realy depressing discoverys been made recently.

EM-Drive (also cannae, or lem-drive): https://www.grenzwis...thrust20210321/

And those guys know their stuff. Would realy liked the concept of a direct conversation of electric or electromagnetic to impulse energy.

Soliton Warp-drive: https://iopscience.i...361-6382/abe692
https://www.uni-goet...%29/641455.html

While not as impossible as the alcubiere Warp drive our main problem is still generating enough power i.e. having something with a practical weight to power output ratio. Even fision or fusion power cores would be insufficient by multiple potencies.

Well thats from me.Posted Image

this is still kind of fringe science. there has been another round of em drive busting recently. thermal expansion is showing up as thrust. em drive's cousin, the mach effect drive (aka woodward drive or mega drive). their drive "works" by exploiting mass fluctuations in the universe. aparently mass doesnt mean anything without there being other masses around and the speed of light propagation of gravity waves supposidly causes an object's mass to fluctuate. if you push when its high and pull when its low, you get thrust. of course it too has not passed muster.

with warp drives, they tend to require negative mass for ftl application (stl may not need it). but the mass fluctuation exploit might be used to produce a relatively negative mass for some duty cycle, that might be what it needs, that and a jupiter-mass of energy. but these drives are still highly theoretical, nobody even knows what they will look like aside from a few artist renders. might get it to work or it might not but needs more science.

#11 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 26 April 2021 - 01:17 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 April 2021 - 05:07 PM, said:

this is still kind of fringe science. there has been another round of em drive busting recently. thermal expansion is showing up as thrust. em drive's cousin, the mach effect drive (aka woodward drive or mega drive). their drive "works" by exploiting mass fluctuations in the universe. aparently mass doesnt mean anything without there being other masses around and the speed of light propagation of gravity waves supposidly causes an object's mass to fluctuate. if you push when its high and pull when its low, you get thrust. of course it too has not passed muster.

with warp drives, they tend to require negative mass for ftl application (stl may not need it). but the mass fluctuation exploit might be used to produce a relatively negative mass for some duty cycle, that might be what it needs, that and a jupiter-mass of energy. but these drives are still highly theoretical, nobody even knows what they will look like aside from a few artist renders. might get it to work or it might not but needs more science.

I wouldn't call works from big german universitys *fringe* science but,,,well thats as scientific as it gets when discussing interstellar space flight and UFOs.
Realistically spoken everyone knows that real space flight requires sleeper ships and meta human beeings if there would be anything human in such travelers found at all.

What realy is interesting though is the arrogance of most humans to asume any beeing that mastered interstellar spaceflight might be interested in a planet that is already beset by a possibly concuring biological system.
For all we know and can assume from the basic workings of physics and chemistry there is exactly one way life can exist at all.
We know what happens to a life form that gets introduced to an foreign ecosystem.
In most cases it will get instantly destroyed. In some cases it becomes an invasive species.

Why would a specis that already has mastered interstellar travel and habitation risk something like that ?

#12 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 08:27 AM

First of all, I must say that space flight is a wonderful subject for the imagination.

Other than putting around in our own planetary system, Saturn, Neptune, Mars, etc., propulsion is only one problem. One of the main barriers to exploring deep space with anything other than probes and telescopes is us. For some reason, once "we" leave the gravitational pull of our planet, out immune system simply shuts down. Until we can solve that problem, and the fact that the heart shrinks up and we loose muscle mass, Pluto may be about as far as we can go unless we have places along the way such as planetary "rest stops":.

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 09:02 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 26 April 2021 - 01:17 AM, said:

I wouldn't call works from big german universitys *fringe* science but,,,well thats as scientific as it gets when discussing interstellar space flight and UFOs.
Realistically spoken everyone knows that real space flight requires sleeper ships and meta human beeings if there would be anything human in such travelers found at all.

What realy is interesting though is the arrogance of most humans to asume any beeing that mastered interstellar spaceflight might be interested in a planet that is already beset by a possibly concuring biological system.
For all we know and can assume from the basic workings of physics and chemistry there is exactly one way life can exist at all.
We know what happens to a life form that gets introduced to an foreign ecosystem.
In most cases it will get instantly destroyed. In some cases it becomes an invasive species.

Why would a specis that already has mastered interstellar travel and habitation risk something like that ?

the german labs are the ones debunking the drives.

#14 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 May 2021 - 09:31 AM

UFO's are back in the news so I was digging around my e-mails and found these

the first one is the best

#15 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 05:27 PM

all this really means is that the skunkworks has a new toy to play with and the government needs a cover story.

though there is the possibility that it has a working fusion reactor onboard.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 May 2021 - 05:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users