Cant Login. Connection Issues?

27 replies to this topic

#1 Thornhold

• PipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 06:52 PM

Greetings mechwarriors!

During last couple weeks I’m getting a log in problem. After pressing «Login» at the client screen nothing happens for 10-20 seconds & then the game either logs in or I get «Server undergoing maintenance...» message. If «Server undergoing maintenance...» message appeared the PC reboot helped

But today I cant login for 2 hours so far. I’m getting «Server undergoing maintenance...» message only. My first attempt was ~ UTC 01:30 april 20. The servers were online.

Neither PC reboot nor router reboot no DNS adresses changes did’nt help. It still doesnt work. The other applications connect perfectly so it’s MWO problem only. It’s not a firewall as well. I’ve also checked my PC for malware — negative.

I tried to start MWOPortal to run Repair tool but it didnt start. Then I tried to uninstall it & to download it once again but looks like the MWOPortalinstaller couldnt connect to MWO server too so it failed.

I've surely lurked all around this forum & tried all I could find.

Any ideas what it might be?

Edited by Thornhold, 19 April 2021 - 06:53 PM.

#2 Thornhold

• PipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:20 PM

Upd.
I've terrorized my provider to find out what's going on. Connection is fine.
So it's prob PGI servers issue or smth

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:22 PM

View PostThornhold, on 19 April 2021 - 06:52 PM, said:

The other applications connect perfectly so it’s MWO problem only.
Any ideas what it might be?

Use this e-mail to contact the MWO Technical Support service:
technical@mwomercs.com

The description says specifically that you should contact them in case of connectivity problems.

#4 Thornhold

• PipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:32 PM

View Postmartian, on 19 April 2021 - 08:22 PM, said:

Use this e-mail to contact the MWO Technical Support service:
technical@mwomercs.com

The description says specifically that you should contact them in case of connectivity problems.

Thnx for response

Allready done that

It looks like MWO servers are unavailable from my area for some reason. I hope techsupport will fix that fast...

Edited by Thornhold, 19 April 2021 - 08:33 PM.

#5 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 08:42 PM

View PostThornhold, on 19 April 2021 - 08:32 PM, said:

Thnx for response

Allready done that

It looks like MWO servers are unavailable from my area for some reason. I hope techsupport will fix that fast...

Have you tried MWO on your friend's PC in your area? Perhaps there is some problem with your ISP provider.

#6 Thornhold

• PipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 April 2021 - 09:03 PM

View Postmartian, on 19 April 2021 - 08:42 PM, said:

Have you tried MWO on your friend's PC in your area? Perhaps there is some problem with your ISP provider.

I cant do that atm
But I've traced the "troubled" servers' IPs & tried to ping them with the device served by the other provider & it was the same.
So it's probably the servers problem? Or am I a scrub who cant understand a thing LOL?

Edited by Thornhold, 19 April 2021 - 09:05 PM.

#7 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:41 AM

If it was the servers, there would be a ton more threads, as well as others blowing up Russ's/other twitter accounts.
  • If you havent yet, use the flush DNS procedure.
  • You notated rebooting the router, did you also reboot the modem? Or is the box a gateway (combo router/modem?)
  • Brand/model of router or gateway? As few players, not just here but other games, had their gateways firmware updated, tightening/increasing the software security settings. Said players had to make some adjustments to those settings in their gateways.
  • Location and ISP?
  • Utilize a free VPN or two to test connectivity to the authentication server (log in server). ISP may be having issues with their host file or there is a problematic router system your pathway is travelling through that is having issues. VPN has the potential to bypass said issue by rerouting around it, so instead of going from A-B-C-D-E-F, with a VPN it is A-B-K-L-E-F, where D would be the problematic router system.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 20 April 2021 - 01:44 AM.

#8 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 01:42 AM

It's likely the route your ISP sets to connect to the NA authentication server is disrupted on some node. Have you tried to change your DNS server?

#9 Thornhold

• PipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 06:44 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 20 April 2021 - 01:41 AM, said:

If it was the servers, there would be a ton more threads, as well as others blowing up Russ's/other twitter accounts.
  • If you havent yet, use the flush DNS procedure.
  • You notated rebooting the router, did you also reboot the modem? Or is the box a gateway (combo router/modem?)
  • Brand/model of router or gateway? As few players, not just here but other games, had their gateways firmware updated, tightening/increasing the software security settings. Said players had to make some adjustments to those settings in their gateways.
  • Location and ISP?
  • Utilize a free VPN or two to test connectivity to the authentication server (log in server). ISP may be having issues with their host file or there is a problematic router system your pathway is travelling through that is having issues. VPN has the potential to bypass said issue by rerouting around it, so instead of going from A-B-C-D-E-F, with a VPN it is A-B-K-L-E-F, where D would be the problematic router system.

Yes I tried DNS flush procedure. That didnt help.

I tried Google free dns instead of my ISP's dinamic DNS.

My location is Novosibirsk, Siberia, Russia.
I've tried the other provider with the same result so it's not my exact ISP's problem.

On the other hand I've successfully logged in using some VPN applications. Which means yes, there's a problem with routing. But it's probably not my ISP's fault. I'm wondering wtf it might be...

I'm still waiting for the techsupport response. Hope it will help

<div>

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 20 April 2021 - 01:42 AM, said:

It's likely the route your ISP sets to connect to the NA authentication server is disrupted on some node. Have you tried to change your DNS server?
</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Yes I tried Google 8.8.8.8 &amp; 8.8.4.4 DNS addresses. didnt help :(</div>

Edited by Thornhold, 20 April 2021 - 06:44 AM.

#10 xJaggedEdgex

Rookie

• Lance Corporal
  • Lance Corporal
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:16 AM

Hello!

I have same problem, but from Moscow.

#11 Victor Steinerrr

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:39 AM

View PostxJaggedEdgex, on 21 April 2021 - 02:16 AM, said:

Hello!

I have same problem

me too

#12 sgt Thorvald

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 21 April 2021 - 07:01 AM

I'm also from Moscow, there was the same problem. I managed to log in once this morning. Then he stopped logging in." The server is under maintenance"

Edited by sgt Thorvald, 21 April 2021 - 07:02 AM.

#13 Thornhold

• PipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 02:31 AM

Dammit
I suspect something very very BAD here
Our beloved government might have banned some of those servers that PGI use
Like last year when the've banned some Amazon & Google servers for a mistake...

Edited by Thornhold, 22 April 2021 - 02:31 AM.

#14 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 05:35 AM

I hope that you will find the solution for your problem, lads, so you can claim that free Mad Cat Mk. II. The event ends in 11 days.

Any response from the MWO Tech Support?

#15 sgt Thorvald

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 22 April 2021 - 11:39 AM

Last night, after another attempt, I managed to get in. I don't understand what it is connected with. Rolled back 2 hours. Everything was stable. I did not try to log in again after the exit. Now I'm back after work, trying to log in, the same thing (

#16 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 April 2021 - 07:01 PM

View Postsgt Thorvald, on 22 April 2021 - 11:39 AM, said:

Last night, after another attempt, I managed to get in. I don't understand what it is connected with. Rolled back 2 hours. Everything was stable. I did not try to log in again after the exit. Now I'm back after work, trying to log in, the same thing (

Pathway is going through either a problematic router system that may be throttling the traffic. This is where a VPN has the potential to bypass the problem location.. just an example.. normal trip goes from Moscow thru Finland to Norway, and Norway has the problematic router system) then across the pond (chuckles.. not British but sounds quaint :) ). VPN, dependent on their server location, may redirect your traffic from Moscow through Poland, Germany, France then across the pond, bypassing the Norway issue.

Again, the above is a very rough example, and one VPN may not temporarily resolve the issue but another one might, simply due to their server locations.

#17 Seilen

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2021 - 08:35 PM

Greetings mechwarriors!

Got a same problem from Moskow after pre-patch maintenance. To resolve this problem for myself i switch the default DNS servers on my internet adapter from default auto define to Google (8.8.8.8) and Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) servers, after that problem was gone.

#18 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,722 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:20 AM

Why don't you simply ask Роскомнадзор to stop messing with the Internet?

#19 Seilen

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2021 - 02:37 AM

View Postmartian, on 23 April 2021 - 02:20 AM, said:

Why don't you simply ask Роскомнадзор to stop messing with the Internet?

Easy said, than done)
But, i'm just hope that swithing the DNS will work for others.

#20 sgt Thorvald

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • Warrior - Point 5
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 23 April 2021 - 09:56 AM

Changing the DNS didn't help me. And in general, it's strange that all this started after the patch. Before that, everything worked fine. And not just me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users